HTPC for XBMC?
hey guys looking to get a HTPC for XBMC but don't know what is the best option? using it on my Pioneer Kuro something that XBMC runs flawlessly playing 720p movies and shows, that can handle xbmc skins, win 7, something I can fit in SSD so it can boot fast

been looking at these but not sure whats best been hearing good things about the Aspire Revo

Zotac ZBOX
Acer Aspire Revo R3700 (with ION 2)
Asrock ION

thanks guys
bump
not to be a jerk but pretty much every other thread here asks this exact question. Just look at whatever people are posting recently. Your needs are pretty modest, most any htpc should be able to do what you're asking. Zbox is way too vague as there is a plethora of models with different specs. The asrock and acer seems kind of pricey at over 300 with relatively low performance. Most people are heading towards any system built with the Amd A* series chips.
I mean I was a bit overwhelmed with all the ready made mini pc some seem kinda over priced...I read good reviews on zotacs and aspire revo then I read bad reviews on them so it changes my decision again....so kinda thinking of making one now and it would probably be cheaper I guess
This Intel 2.13GHz with AMD HD6450 is probably your best option. It's very well equipped, and it should be ready for XBMC out of the box.

Shop IdeaCentre Q180

The AMD HD6450 is the best I see in a nettop case!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
sorry my previous post was a bit harsh.

For your needs, unless you need a really small form factor pc, this build would do well for you, perform a lot better and save you some money over the boxes that you posted. What you'll likely find with those atom/ion boxes is that they're just enough to do what you're asking but wont be able to grow with you at all should your needs change.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=114896
grantd Wrote:For your needs, unless you need a really small form factor pc, this build would do well for you, perform a lot better and save you some money over the boxes that you posted.
Sometime, it's not all about performance. It can be the looks, brands, majority, etc and look is a very subjective matter! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC for XBMC?0