Shortcut help
Hi, Sorry that my first post is a help request Sad
I was wondering if its possible to make a desktop shortcut that would automatically open up the file view eg:
Videos - Files - Anime (which would then list all the video's I have for anime)
I already have xbmc set to auto load Video's when it starts but i still got 2 clicks before I get where i want XD
(I know it sounds silly but forgive me Laugh)

anyhelp would be appriciated

Edit: Im using xbmc 11.0 eden if that's anyhelp
Might be scriptable?

Some skins will also let you make custom Home buttons, saving you a click.
In your userdata folder you need to create a file called autoexec.py containing:

Code:
import xbmc

xbmc.executebuiltin("ActivateWindow(videofiles,C:\\temp\\Video\\Anime)")

When XBMC starts it looks for autoexec.py, and if the file exists it runs the Python script within it. In this case I've used the ActivateWindow function to tell XBMC to navigate to a particular video directory. The second argument is the directory name. Note that if you're using Windows you need to double the backslashes in the path as backslash is an escape character in Python.

See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Profile_Directory for where to find the userdata folder.

JR
Thanks for the help
The autoexec.py worked however it opens it without the descriptions
What it opens like
What it should be like
any suggestions?
The Python is opening the file view not the library view. You open the library view it would be something like:

Code:
import xbmc

xbmc.executebuiltin("ActivateWindow(videolibrary,<path>)")

but I'm not sure what you need to put in for <path>.

JR
Just tried that, but it opens the same way as the fileview, without the media view in the options
What did you put in for <path>?

JR
I've used

Quote:import xbmc

xbmc.executebuiltin("ActivateWindow(videolibrary,Z:\\Anime\\Anime)")
That won't open the library view, by specifying a file path you're telling it to open in file view. I'm not at my PC at the moment so I can't experiment to find out what the path should be, but I suspect whatyou want may not be possible.

You could use a smart playlist to selwect the Anime genre.

JR
Is sounds like the script is going to the right place, but is resetting the view mode to list instead of one that shows metadata.
I am using eden which has changed how the file mode and library mode work, so i duno if that has anything to do with it
bump, sorry but any continued help would be appriciated

Is there anything like the old make default option, (before eden)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shortcut help0