Possibility to make monitor go into powersaving mode?
Question 
Dear developers,

I have an AppleTV2 connected using HDMI to a brand new Phillips 27" LED-screen in my bedroom. Thought I'd be smart and save a buck, buying a monitor and not a tv, since XBMC is all I am going to use it for. XBMC is working fine, and all is joy, except that the monitor never enters sleepmode, and thus always radiates a dim black screen. The screen is so bright that it is a distracting element in the bedroom, and I am forced to go turn it off manually.

Additionally, since the volume-control is left out of the iOS implementation of XBMC, I must constantly adjust the volume manually on the monitor.

So, my choice to go for a monitor instead of a TV set, It seems wasn't to bright after all. Currently using XBMC with ATV2 without a second TV-remote is a huge hassle.

Are there any plans to implement a true "powersaving" feature, that can allow my monitor to go to sleep instead of displaying a black screen?
Additionally, are you going to reconsider implementing a custom audio-control for iOS?

Lastly, Thank you for making the ATV2 a useful device, and the most affordable XBMC platform available.Smile
no possible but you can set the dim to full black.
Thank you for your response Smile

Can you please elaborate on why it is not possible?

Display:
Is it not possible because of hardware limitations on ATV2?
Missing APIs in iOS?
Not wanting to implement it in XBMC?

Audio:
Is it not possible because of hardware limitations on ATV2?
Missing APIs in iOS?
Not wanting to implement it in XBMC?
display sleep: I've answered that one several times already.

volume control: we don't quite know how to do that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possibility to make monitor go into powersaving mode?0