Multimedia NAS with XBMC frontend
Hi!

I've been trying to set up a xbmc based multimedia system. Basically I have an amplifier that's connected by hdmi to my LCD.

Connected to the amp I have a Joggler @xbmc (for music and photos) and a home made HTPC @xbmc (movies and tv shows). Both are connected to a wifi router that's connected to a usb disc (with photos and music). Connected to the router is also my desktop which I use to transfer my files to the HTPC (2Tb disk). Additionally I just bought an ATV2 that I will connect to my room LCD.

All of this is controlled with XBMC remote and sony infrared remote from Sony Tablet S.

But I'm having some "issues" and I decided to change some things. Firstly I decided to swap the HTPC for a NAS with mySQL and 4Tb, buy a second ATV2 and stream all the video files from the NAS to both ATV2 with a shared DB.

But, I changed my mind....

Now, what I want is a multimedia NAS and XBMC frontend connected to the amp so I could listen music, see photos or watch videos. That NAS has to support mySQL in order to have a shared DB withe the room ATV2.

My question is: is there any "cheap" NAS that would work like I said?
Hello...

I wanted something similar but scrapped it all together and I run winamp with a addon for browser access. I did have to create my own interface but it works out as the server is located next to a amp which serves audio into my entire home.

I know thats not XMBC playing music I just find the music portion of XMBC is less polished.
But is there any multimedia nas that could run xbmc?
nas don't have video out, beeing that said, give a look at the HP N36L micro server
My name is Erier, Humf Erier
I have a home-made HTPC... I want to change so I can reduce power consuption.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multimedia NAS with XBMC frontend0