[AppleTV2] How to control XBMC?
Hello all,

I've been a long time user of XBMC on the original Xbox. Up till yesterday I've ben using this combo.

Due to the limitations of the Xbox hardware (no support for HD video) I've decided to make the switch to the Apple TV2, on which I'm running Eden...

There are two functions I had on the Xbox that seem to be missing.. or I can't find them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1. On the Xbox remote control, while playing video, the up and down arrow could be used to jump through a video (like 10 minutes at once). Is something like that possible on the ATV2 too? Pressing up or down on the silver remote doesn't do a thing.

2. When opening a directory containing more than a single file, the Xbox would play them randomnly, which is exactly what I want (for watching music clips etc). The ATV2 doesn't do this and I can't find the option to make it work like this. Any clues?

3. How can I, during video playback, load a subtitles file?

Thanks!
dn667 Wrote:Hello all,

I've been a long time user of XBMC on the original Xbox. Up till yesterday I've ben using this combo.

Due to the limitations of the Xbox hardware (no support for HD video) I've decided to make the switch to the Apple TV2, on which I'm running Eden...

There are two functions I had on the Xbox that seem to be missing.. or I can't find them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1. On the Xbox remote control, while playing video, the up and down arrow could be used to jump through a video (like 10 minutes at once). Is something like that possible on the ATV2 too? Pressing up or down on the silver remote doesn't do a thing.

2. When opening a directory containing more than a single file, the Xbox would play them randomnly, which is exactly what I want (for watching music clips etc). The ATV2 doesn't do this and I can't find the option to make it work like this. Any clues?

3. How can I, during video playback, load a subtitles file?

Thanks!

1. The default buttons on the remote are set to volume up and volume down but they don't change the volume currently. You can chagne the keymap.xml file to bigstepforward and bigstepback for those buttons which will skip by 10 minutes either way. See here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Alt...l_for_ATV2

2. Not sure about this one i'm afraid.

3. This is skin dependent I think (they work differently) But for example you bring up the OSD (middle button) and then there are options in there to turn on and select subtitles etc.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] How to control XBMC?0