[ATV2] Backing up my movie library
I've just finished doing a lot of work on my Movie Library using XWMM (from which I've created a number of movie sets with) and manually updating Thumbnails and Fanart.

I now have it set perfectly and it looks really cool - the question I have is, how can I backup my movie library, so that If I have any problems with the library or need to re-jailbreak, I can just use the backup to restore my Library to how it is now?

I've done the usual practice of exporting my video library but I take it that won't backup the movie set settings that I've created.

I've noticed that there is a myvideos58.db file in:-

/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database

Will that have all my movie library settings/info etc. etc ? can I just make a backup of this file?

Thanks in advance
I recently rejailbroke and when I backed up I just took the /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/ folder and used that as the backup. There were a few file permission issues when I put it back but they can be solved and looked at here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...s_settings
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
deanmv Wrote:I recently rejailbroke and when I backed up I just took the /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/ folder and used that as the backup. There were a few file permission issues when I put it back but they can be solved and looked at here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...s_settings

Thanks for the info - but not really a solution as my movie library gets updated practically every day, so I would be forever copying the XBMC directory.

Can anyone please let me know where the video library/info/fanart etc etc files are located, so that I can just back up these files.

Thanks in advance
Can anyone help??

Thanks in advance
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/Userdata/Databases/
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/Userdata/Thumbnails/
Ned Scott Wrote:/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/Userdata/Databases/
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/Userdata/Thumbnails/

Perfect - Many Thanks for the info

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] Backing up my movie library0