• 32(current)
Library Auto Updater - Version 1.1.0
Just wanted to put the word out here for anyone that can help with string translations. With help from @Gade  I've linked this addon up with the Weblate translation system. If anyone can help with translating strings for this addon the results will automatically create PRs back to the addon repository so I can merge them in. This is way better than the old system that used Transifex. Help out if you can: 

https://kodi.weblate.cloud/projects/kodi...utoupdate/
Hello,

I am not sure if this is designed on purpose, and I have not been able to find topics explaining how to deal with this,  so I start here.

I have all my video sources local HDD except one which is pointing to a UPNP server.

This is where I have plenty of old personal CAM videos. The codec/format is not supported by KODI, but the UPNP server does any appropriate transcoding on the fly, so I can watch these videos from KODI, no problem. 

My video sources :
osmc@Vero4K:~$ ./texturecache.py sources
video: Auto-mounted drives: /media
video: Films1: /media/Expansion1/Films1
video: Films2: /media/Elements2/Films2
video: Films3: /media/Expansion4T/Films3
video: Series TV new: /media/Expansion4T/Series TV
video: WMS (Parents_W10): upnp://d5b01c27-a070-4432-9290-63d604d8fdfa/abee00151405574d4470e6622f5e72ec

Anyway, my problem is that because of this source, the complete video update based on schedule is bypassed. If I run it manual, all is OK.

I could probably untick the "Check sources before scan" but I am unsure what is the risk for the library if one of my other 4 local sources is accidently off.
I also thought about using the specific path option to schedule the 4 local sources one by one. A bit cumbersome.

Is there a better way just telling the Libray Auto Updater to exclude this UPNP sources ?
Any help/advice is welcome !
(2021-11-13, 15:52)rockrider69 Wrote: Hello,

I am not sure if this is designed on purpose, and I have not been able to find topics explaining how to deal with this,  so I start here.

I have all my video sources local HDD except one which is pointing to a UPNP server.

This is where I have plenty of old personal CAM videos. The codec/format is not supported by KODI, but the UPNP server does any appropriate transcoding on the fly, so I can watch these videos from KODI, no problem. 

My video sources :
osmc@Vero4K:~$ ./texturecache.py sources
video: Auto-mounted drives: /media
video: Films1: /media/Expansion1/Films1
video: Films2: /media/Elements2/Films2
video: Films3: /media/Expansion4T/Films3
video: Series TV new: /media/Expansion4T/Series TV
video: WMS (Parents_W10): upnp://d5b01c27-a070-4432-9290-63d604d8fdfa/abee00151405574d4470e6622f5e72ec

Anyway, my problem is that because of this source, the complete video update based on schedule is bypassed. If I run it manual, all is OK.

I could probably untick the "Check sources before scan" but I am unsure what is the risk for the library if one of my other 4 local sources is accidently off.
I also thought about using the specific path option to schedule the 4 local sources one by one. A bit cumbersome.

Is there a better way just telling the Libray Auto Updater to exclude this UPNP sources ?
Any help/advice is welcome !

One question I'd have is why have the UPNP sources tagged as part of the scan at all? If they contain personal videos it's not like the scanner is going to find anything to match them with anyway. Are you loading this into the video library with some kind of custom files that the scanner is picking up? Easiest thing to do would probably be to exclude the content from scans using the Set Content window for those folders.
Wink 
Hello and thank you for the addon and support already !

To clarify my setup a bit.
I have added this "upnp:xxxxxxx" as any other video source using the "Add Video Source" menu. This is to navigate easily to it from the standard "Video skin menu" and watch these personal CAM videos. Plus doing it this way it only expose the avi files, and not the other jpg, or mp3 files I have also there and don't want Kodi to even be aware of.

As far as I can see, no actual scanning or scraping is ever done at all of this source when I run Video Library update manually, or automatically via your addon (having unticked the "check sources before scan" obviously).
I don't know why in fact, I don't remember doing anything special for that.
Anyway I am happy with this behaviour of the scan. You're right it would be very stupid to scan/scrap it, being only personal videos Smile, plus hopefully these tons of avi's do not clutter my Films video Library ...

As a summary I seems to me that the scan/scrape already skip the upnp:xxxxxx source, for whatever reason (and it is ok!).
But the "preliminary check sources before scan" of the addon returns false when checking it and this is enough not to trigger the scan of the other valid sources.  

Maybe there is another way to do what I wanted at the beginning. E.g create a kind of shortcut or favorite to this upnp: address, filtering only videos, without adding it as an official video source ?
I looked at adding it as a file source from the File Manager but then I'd see all tens of thousands files I have there not just the avi's...

In the mean time I will explore a bit the "set content" options you recommended to see if it can help. But my problem is probably not to exclude it from the scan as it seems already done automatically or by chance, so not so sure...
(2021-03-27, 08:01)sirmedia Wrote: This addon may have some issues in Kodi 19 running on Chromecast w/ Google TV (Android). All media is on NFS, but when this runs unattended it seems to clear the database and for each source it switches the setting "This directory contains" to None. I have the option "Check if source exists" enabled, so I would think that stops it from running if NFS is not available (though the server is always on the LAN and reliable).
I can't reproduce if I run an update by hand, it seems to happen when it runs on a schedule, when I come back to Kodi, the library is empty and each source type is None. This used to work OK with Kodi 18, the problems started with the upgrade to Kodi 19. I tried reinstalling Kodi and starting clean, but it doesn't help.
Hi sirmedia, I have the same issue with kodi running on a sony TV.

Was working at first, but now it just empty's my library and sets the folder type to none.

Did you ever find a solution?
@robweber Any chance you could take a look at this issue please? Thank you.
Library Auto Updater in loop
https://github.com/robweber/xbmclibrarya.../issues/69
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Auto Updater - Version 1.1.00