XBMC Library Updater Addon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
robweber Offline
Posting Freak
After a lot of waiting I've finally fixed the issue with multiple timers on the same time schedule not executing correctly. Pushing the newest version to the repo now, everyone should be updated shortly. Very sorry for the delay in getting this taken care of.
find quote
Gemok Offline
Hi
Over the past few days I've been getting script errors with this addon. I've got version 0.9.7 installed running on kodi 14.2

Any clues on how I can fix this please?

I pulled the below out of kodi.log

Quote:15:22:35 T:5856 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: could not convert string to float:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\gemok\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.libraryautoupdate\manual.py", line 5, in <module>
autoUpdate = AutoUpdater()
File "C:\Users\gemok\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.libraryautoupdate\service.py", line 31, in __init__
self.readLastRun()
File "C:\Users\gemok\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.libraryautoupdate\service.py", line 299, in readLastRun
self.last_run = float(runFile.read())
ValueError: could not convert string to float:
-->End of Python script error report<--
find quote
bacsom Offline
Same here :-(

21:02:22 T:3724 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:02:22 T:3724 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 44: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\M�rtonK�roly\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.libraryautoupdate\manu​al.py", line 5, in <module>
autoUpdate = AutoUpdater()
File "C:\Users\M�rtonK�roly\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.libraryautoupdate\serv​ice.py", line 31, in __init__
self.readLastRun()
File "C:\Users\M�rtonK�roly\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.libraryautoupdate\serv​ice.py", line 295, in readLastRun
utils.log(xbmc.translatePath(utils.data_dir() + "last_run.txt"))
File "C:\Users\M�rtonK�roly\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.libraryautoupdate\reso​urces\lib\utils.py", line 15, in log
xbmc.log(encode(__addon_id__ + "-" + __Addon.getAddonInfo('version') + " : " + message),level=loglevel)
File "C:\Users\M�rtonK�roly\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.libraryautoupdate\reso​urces\lib\utils.py", line 30, in encode
return string.encode('UTF-8','replace')
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 44: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--
find quote
robweber Offline
Posting Freak
Ok, I think I fixed these errors. New code is on github, will push to repo in a day or two (testing). The earlier release stupidly assumed your "last_run" file would always be correct since only this addon is reading/writing it. Apparently this is not a good assumption. New code will error check on this.
find quote
bacsom Offline
Thank you for your hard work!!!
find quote
Smultie Offline
Hey robweber.
First of all, thanks for a wonderful addon!

Small question, I've set the addon to check for new content every day at 19:00 (I always start watching stuff after that, so that works for me), and to clean previously removed content after the scan.

I notice that the last ~30% of the cleaning takes a really long time. Looking at kodi.log, I think that has something to do with the fact that after that time it will start "cleaning" some streams I've watched.

http://pastebin.com/8VkNmEUG

Would it be possible to only clean the Movies and TV-shows database?

Also, since Gotham, when cleaning finds a source gone, it will ask if I want to delete the file. Would it be possible to disable that functionality through a setting? When a folder/file is gone, I just want it out of the library.
find quote