• 23(current)
Library Auto Updater - Version 1.1.0
After a lot of waiting I've finally fixed the issue with multiple timers on the same time schedule not executing correctly. Pushing the newest version to the repo now, everyone should be updated shortly. Very sorry for the delay in getting this taken care of.
Hi
Over the past few days I've been getting script errors with this addon. I've got version 0.9.7 installed running on kodi 14.2

Any clues on how I can fix this please?

I pulled the below out of kodi.log

Quote:15:22:35 T:5856 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: could not convert string to float:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\gemok\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.libraryautoupdate\manual.py", line 5, in <module>
autoUpdate = AutoUpdater()
File "C:\Users\gemok\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.libraryautoupdate\service.py", line 31, in __init__
self.readLastRun()
File "C:\Users\gemok\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.libraryautoupdate\service.py", line 299, in readLastRun
self.last_run = float(runFile.read())
ValueError: could not convert string to float:
-->End of Python script error report<--
Same here :-(

21:02:22 T:3724 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:02:22 T:3724 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 44: ordinal not in range(128)
File "C:\Users\M�rtonK�roly\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.libraryautoupdate\manual.py", line 5, in <module>
File "C:\Users\M�rtonK�roly\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.libraryautoupdate\service.py", line 31, in __init__
self.readLastRun()
File "C:\Users\M�rtonK�roly\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.libraryautoupdate\service.py", line 295, in readLastRun
utils.log(xbmc.translatePath(utils.data_dir() + "last_run.txt"))
File "C:\Users\M�rtonK�roly\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.libraryautoupdate\resources\lib\utils.py", line 15, in log
xbmc.log(encode(__addon_id__ + "-" + __Addon.getAddonInfo('version') + " : " + message),level=loglevel)
File "C:\Users\M�rtonK�roly\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.libraryautoupdate\resources\lib\utils.py", line 30, in encode
return string.encode('UTF-8','replace')
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 44: ordinal not in range(128)
Ok, I think I fixed these errors. New code is on github, will push to repo in a day or two (testing). The earlier release stupidly assumed your "last_run" file would always be correct since only this addon is reading/writing it. Apparently this is not a good assumption. New code will error check on this.
Thank you for your hard work!!!
Hey robweber.
First of all, thanks for a wonderful addon!

Small question, I've set the addon to check for new content every day at 19:00 (I always start watching stuff after that, so that works for me), and to clean previously removed content after the scan.

I notice that the last ~30% of the cleaning takes a really long time. Looking at kodi.log, I think that has something to do with the fact that after that time it will start "cleaning" some streams I've watched.

http://pastebin.com/8VkNmEUG

Would it be possible to only clean the Movies and TV-shows database?

Also, since Gotham, when cleaning finds a source gone, it will ask if I want to delete the file. Would it be possible to disable that functionality through a setting? When a folder/file is gone, I just want it out of the library.
(2015-07-16, 19:57)Smultie Wrote: Also, since Gotham, when cleaning finds a source gone, it will ask if I want to delete the file. Would it be possible to disable that functionality through a setting? When a folder/file is gone, I just want it out of the library.

I've got a similar request. Only i prefer to always keep them instead of removing them. Would this be possible?
(2015-07-16, 19:57)Smultie Wrote: Hey robweber.
First of all, thanks for a wonderful addon!

Small question, I've set the addon to check for new content every day at 19:00 (I always start watching stuff after that, so that works for me), and to clean previously removed content after the scan.

I notice that the last ~30% of the cleaning takes a really long time. Looking at kodi.log, I think that has something to do with the fact that after that time it will start "cleaning" some streams I've watched.

http://pastebin.com/8VkNmEUG

Would it be possible to only clean the Movies and TV-shows database?

Also, since Gotham, when cleaning finds a source gone, it will ask if I want to delete the file. Would it be possible to disable that functionality through a setting? When a folder/file is gone, I just want it out of the library.

The clean database command is an internal Kodi command. I checked the advancedsettings.xml configuration and there doesn't appear to be a way to give it directives regarding what paths to check or what actions to perform. The prompt about deleting folders is similarly a function of the internal Kodi clean process. I can't see a way to disable that either. I'd post this in the General Discussion area of the forum, might be a good feature request?
Shouldn't "XBMC" be dropped from the name?
Probably - I've just been too lazy to do it. I did it with the backup addon and was planning on getting around to this one when I did an Isengard repo push.
Hello,

I really love your APP, it's great but since some time i have some issue. Here is my log :

Code:
15:13:19 T:2640311360   DEBUG: LocalizeStrings: no strings.po file exist at /home/pi/.kodi/addons/service.libraryautoupdate/resources/language/French, fallback to strings.xml
15:13:19 T:2640311360   DEBUG: LocalizeStrings: no strings.po file exist at /home/pi/.kodi/addons/service.libraryautoupdate/resources/language/English, fallback to strings.xml
15:13:19 T:2640311360   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: Exactly 5 or 6 columns has to be specified for iteratorexpression.
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/service.libraryautoupdate/manual.py", line 5, in <module>
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/service.libraryautoupdate/service.py", line 35, in __init__
                                                self.createSchedules(True)
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/service.libraryautoupdate/service.py", line 162, in createSchedules
                                                aSchedule.next_run = self.calcNextRun(aSchedule.expression,self.last_run)
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/service.libraryautoupdate/service.py", line 231, in calcNextRun
                                                cron = croniter(cronExp,startTime)
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/service.libraryautoupdate/resources/lib/croniter.py", line 60, in __init__
                                                raise ValueError(self.bad_length)
                                            ValueError: Exactly 5 or 6 columns has to be specified for iteratorexpression.

Thanks for you help !
Looks like a problem evaluating a cron expression. Do you have a custom cron schedule setup? What does the schedule look like?
Thanks for the add-on. Even though the description didn't mention pictures, I thought I'd try it, and it didn't work.

I use Kodi to display videos/pictures from a remote source just using the default picture slideshow. But the slideshow doesn't update when new content is added to the remote directory. Is there a way to get this addon to update the picture library. Or another effective way to display pictures and videos on a loop from an auto-updated fileserver?

Thanks!!
Are you using the default Picture Slideshow Addon? I'm going to guess you are, I know there are some others but that one is maintained by Team-Kodi so most people probably use that one.

I looked quick at the code for that plugin. It looks like on load it traverses your directory and gets a list of all the pictures it needs to display. It then starts a threaded timer to update with new images once each hour. Is that not happening for you?

Unfortunately I can't be of much help here. The Pictures area doesn't have a dedicated database like the Video and Music areas do. Everything is sort of done 'ad-hoc' by reading the filesystem, and every plugin does it differently. I know work was done on a pictures DB some time ago but I don't think that was ever merged in, there are certainly no hooks for it I can find.
Thank you for the response.

I have not tested it for an hour, as I was looking for a more customizable update period (say 15min). I will test it to see if it does update from the remote server. Now that I know there is no dedicated db however, I can look elsewhere if an hour will not be sufficient.

Thanks again.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Auto Updater - Version 1.1.00