XBMC Library Updater Addon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MalibuDave42 Offline
Newbie question.. I am unclear on the interaction of Update Video Library with Update custom path - they seem to be different. Since my movie library does not change too often, I would like to update that every 24 hours. I am also using HDHomeRun DVR to record shows I watch via the Kodi main menu TV Shows, therefore would like for it to update every 15 minutes from 18-23. Do I need two custom path updates OR can I use the Update Video Library every 24 hours and 1 custom path to the recordings 0,15,30,45 18-23 * * * ?

Does this seem like a good strategy? Will it create too much overhead/net traffic/etc?

Thanks for the insight -- BTW, awesome add-on
find quote
metathirteen Offline
im having an issue where the updater will detect movies i dont even have and add them. it sat there and added 366 movies ive never even heard of from themoviedatabase. i have no idea what to do to stop this... i disabled the addon and deleted all the movies it added to my library. it was the strangest thing, it started from 1 and went through all numbers then the alphabet, so i had movies like 1, 1408, 2, 87-64, lots of ufc fights, random foreign movies, and none of them worked, it was just added to the library with artwork. the folder its set to scan doesnt contain anything that would trigger this. if anybody has any idea what to do, please let me know.
find quote
robweber Offline
Posting Freak
(2016-05-03 17:27)MalibuDave42 Wrote:  Newbie question.. I am unclear on the interaction of Update Video Library with Update custom path - they seem to be different. Since my movie library does not change too often, I would like to update that every 24 hours. I am also using HDHomeRun DVR to record shows I watch via the Kodi main menu TV Shows, therefore would like for it to update every 15 minutes from 18-23. Do I need two custom path updates OR can I use the Update Video Library every 24 hours and 1 custom path to the recordings 0,15,30,45 18-23 * * * ?

Does this seem like a good strategy? Will it create too much overhead/net traffic/etc?

Thanks for the insight -- BTW, awesome add-on

This is kind of old but figured I'd respond:

The Kodi built in function for scanning the library allows you to pass in a path and then scan only that path instead of all your configured folders. So your example would work. Scan the custom folder you want on a set interval to just get that folder, and then do the whole library once a day to get changes in any other folders.

(2016-07-12 01:05)metathirteen Wrote:  im having an issue where the updater will detect movies i dont even have and add them. it sat there and added 366 movies ive never even heard of from themoviedatabase. i have no idea what to do to stop this... i disabled the addon and deleted all the movies it added to my library. it was the strangest thing, it started from 1 and went through all numbers then the alphabet, so i had movies like 1, 1408, 2, 87-64, lots of ufc fights, random foreign movies, and none of them worked, it was just added to the library with artwork. the folder its set to scan doesnt contain anything that would trigger this. if anybody has any idea what to do, please let me know.

I'd suggest grabbing a log file. The Kodi scanner is actually what is being kicked off to scrape files. It is finding something that it thinks are movies in these folders. A log will tell you exactly what files and where it is finding them.
find quote
robweber Offline
Posting Freak
(2016-01-08 05:48)ac_car Wrote:  Really like this add-on. Thank you for your hard work on it! Have run into a couple issues on version 0.9.8 that thought you should be aware of.

1) Cleaning - Can't seem to set cron schedule on cleaning via the GUI. Whenever I navigate to the cleaning tab in the settings and select "Cron Expression" for the cleaning frequency the 'Video Cron Expression' and 'Music Cron Expression' fields are displayed but are not enabled (grayed out). I've attempted different library to clean combinations and can't seem to enable it. I've noted this behavior on both an OpenElec (latest build) as well as my Windows (16B4) systems. Manually setting the cron via the settings.xml file works fine. Just would be nice to not have to manually edit the file.

2) Cron Syntax - Using the GUI I attempted to set the Video library to update ever 30 minutes starting at 10 minutes after the hour. For this I chose to use a step value entry (10/30). Entering the expression into the GUI is quick and easy. Unfortunately upon restarting Kodi the add-on fails throwing an exception error. See sample error log and settings xml below. From my tests it looks like the error is only encountered when attempting to use a step value so I'd say it is the '/' that is causing the exception.

NOTE: For newbies like me, a great site for checking the cron syntax is; http://crontab.guru/

NOTE: With your add-on I've been able to set up a window to update my libraries at a desired interval and then outside of the update window set cleaning to the time of my choosing in a configuration that I can easily transfer from system to system (Linux or Windows). Thanks again!

I'll check on the cleaning cron expression, probably just an issue with the settings.xml file.

The step syntax you have is a "non standard" implementation of the cron syntax (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cron). The cron syntax parser throws an error as it doesn't know what it means. You won't be able to set the schedule that way.
find quote