Plot v's Plot Outline
When browsing the Movies list, you view the main Plot summary instead of the shorter Plot Outline.

When I'm looking for a movie to watch, I don't want to read the whole summary. I just want a short sentence or two to know what the movie is about. If I want more info on the movie, I'd want to go to the Movie Information. If I'm in the mood for that kinda movie, I'd throw it on.

But instead I get the full movie PlotSad

For High Fidelity on imdb http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0146882/
The plot outline is
Quote:Rob, a record store owner and compulsive list maker, recounts his top five breakups, including the one in progress.

The plot summary is
Quote:High Fidelity follows the 'mid-life' crisis of Rob, a thirty-something record-store owner who must face the undeniable facts - he's growing up. In a hilarious homage to the music scene, Rob and the wacky, offbeat clerks that inhabit his store expound on the intricacies of life and song all the while trying to succeed in their adult relationships. Are they listening to pop music because they are miserable? Or are they miserable because they listen to pop music? This romantic comedy provides a whimsical glimpse into the male view of the affairs of the heart.

Often the space provided for the Plot is too small for the for the whole plot so some text is missing at the bottom.

I believe it should get changed to the plot outline by default. Am I alone in thinking this?

The fix is:

From ViewsVideoLibrary.xml
Code:
                    <description>Description Value for Movie</description>
                    <posx>270</posx>
                    <posy>0</posy>
                    <width>250</width>
                    <height>355</height>
                    <font>font12</font>
                    <align>justify</align>
                    <textcolor>white</textcolor>
                    <label>$INFO[ListItem.Plot]</label>
                    <autoscroll time="2000" delay="3000" repeat="5000">Skin.HasSetting(AutoScroll)</autoscroll>
The label $INFO needs to get changed to
Code:
<label>$INFO[ListItem.PlotOutline]</label>
Yep, I also much prefer using PlotOutline
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Plot v's Plot Outline0