• 6(current)
[RELEASE] Demand 5 (Video) Addon - UK Channel 5 on demand
File has gone Stammie, any chance of someone reupping please?
Well, here goes.

I have a new, HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL version of the Demand 5 plugin:

Demand 5 1.3.2

New, possibly broken, features:

1) Supports HTTP, SOCKSv4 and SOCKSv5 proxies for the HTTP data

2) Supports SOCKSv4 only for RTMP streaming outside the UK/via a SOCKSv4 proxy. (Channel 5 in their infinite wisdom geo-lock the RTMP streams - doh !)

To make this work with a proxy is a little tricky.

1) Make sure that you have a UK-based SOCKSv4 proxy. Test it using your favourite browser to ensure that it actually does work.

2) In the "Proxies" page, declare your HTTP proxy (that is the one that serves webpages)

3) In the "Streams" page, declare your SOCKS proxy

4) In the "Downloads" page, declare the location of RTMPDump and the Default Download Folder. (You can ignore the mplayer setting)

5) If you have a SOCKS streaming proxy set up, whether you press PLAY or DOWNLOAD, a background process to download via the proxy and then kick off the XBMC player will work. If you find that the your video cuts out after starting, it is probably because the buffer hasn't filled up enough - you can adjust the amount of time between starting the RTMPdump and the video playing by changing the "Playback Delay Time" (default 10 seconds) in the "Streams" page.

I will probably make some changes to this over the next few days, so, Your Mileage May Vary.

Good luck !

David

BTW - looks like this is Linux only for the moment. Windoze is complaining that the zip file has an invalid structure and giving me no indication of where that problem may be. Plus, the parallel download mechanism that works well on real operating systems refuse to work.
So that was a disaster.

The 1.3.2 Zip didn't even load correctly in XBMC.

So I fixed that.. Demand 5 1.3.3

Not working on Windows if you use a SOCKS proxy for RTMPdump.

The issue is that I have is that I have to fork RTMPDump to background and then XBMC reads the file - this works fine in Linux, but with Windoze XBMC minimises and the RTMPDump stays in an active window rather than going to background.

Good job that no-one in their right mind uses Windows Wink

David
(2012-06-28, 17:26)dlake02 Wrote: So that was a disaster.

The 1.3.2 Zip didn't even load correctly in XBMC.

Workes great on my Windows machine with Expat Shield running in the background.

Hi all. After a long period out of commission I'm checking back in here. It looks like dlake02 has picked up the baton and taken things much further forward, but for completeness, I did just update my old plugin to fix that problem. I'll look into David's great work soon.

http://nibor-xbmc-repo.googlecode.com/fi...-1.0.2.zip

nibor
nibor nice to see you back Smile
nibor or anyone who can, is it possible to add a favourites folder within Demand 5 & 4oD, there is that much content within, sometimes I see something to watch later & forget what it was. I'm aware of the XBMC favourite, but i think it would be nice to contain the favourite within the addon.
Hi nibor getting script error when using 1.0.3 was working fine with 1.0.2 with hack to get around known issue.
Complete newbie here so do forgive me!

Installed XBMC solely in order to try and download some programmes from Demand 5 - seem to have followed everything that has been written, extracted RTMPDump and pointed the plug-in to that folder etc. Things play fine but I'm unable to download, it just comes up with 'Download Failed! See log for details"

Log doesn't tell me much, don't know if this is anything to do with it though:
WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10013 from the window manager when it didn't exist

I might be missing something completely obvious, but after about an hour of Googling I'm still stumped!
Just me then I guess....?

I'm using Eden and the 1.3.3 version of the plug-in provided by dlake02 - as I say, the streaming works fine, just fails on the download
(2012-08-08, 16:19)DJF06 Wrote: Just me then I guess....?

I'm using Eden and the 1.3.3 version of the plug-in provided by dlake02 - as I say, the streaming works fine, just fails on the download

Hi, are you using windows or linux etc & what hardware. I can't see your log anywhere Blush

Windows 7 64-Bit...

I've put the log here, I'm presuming this is the right one - all I did in this instant was navigate to a show, attempt to download - came up with Download Failed - See Log, and then I closed the program:

http://pastebin.com/Wtsh9W5M

I've followed instructions online for installing the plug-in but assume it's not quite as simple as that
(2012-08-08, 20:54)DJF06 Wrote: Windows 7 64-Bit...

I've put the log here, I'm presuming this is the right one - all I did in this instant was navigate to a show, attempt to download - came up with Download Failed - See Log, and then I closed the program:

http://pastebin.com/Wtsh9W5M

I've followed instructions online for installing the plug-in but assume it's not quite as simple as that

This is of the top of my head, and not sure if your a real newbie Smile

I assume you have installed rtmpdump.exe into windows 7 see Link

then in the Demand 5's addon settings via XBMC (to get the addon settings highlight the addon but don't start it up then press "C")
you need to setup the "path to rtmpdump" under the downloads tab
for me its as follows, I'm on windows xp

c:\program files\XBMC\system\players\dvdplayer\librtmp.dll, you will browse to the librtmp.dll file from the addon settings

I'm using Demand 5 V 1.0.3 which is the latest version from nibors repo, see post 1

hope this helps you, let me know Big Grin

Thanks, yup real newbie here and I didn't have the path set to the dvdplayer folder, rather the unzipped rtmpdump folder, however it doesn't seem to have made much difference.

I started again from scratch and this time installed the 1.0.3. version you mentioned - the only difference now is that after pressing download, it immediately comes up with Download Finished - with nothing to be seen in the folder where I've set it to download....log attached again for what it's worth

http://pastebin.com/ZG4eaKUX
Anyone else have any ideas at all...? The things I'm after are only up for another couple of weeks so I'm a bit desperate Smile
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Demand 5 (Video) Addon - UK Channel 5 on demand2