New Zotac Boxes (ID81, ID80 and AD04)
so, which one is faster (processor+gpu) ?
the atom D2700 or the amd e450 ?
processor+gpu
eskro Wrote:processor+gpu

sorry,

zotac id80
Intel Atom D2700 + NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 520M

zotac ad04
AMD E350 + AMD Radeon HD 6320
diego-ch Wrote:zotac ad04
AMD E350 + AMD Radeon HD 6320
Probably a tad faster (on Win7), personally I'd go with ID80 running OpenELEC.
Any release dates out for these yet?
diego-ch Wrote:sorry,

zotac id80
Intel Atom D2700 + NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 520M
2.13GHz+GT520 of course with any OS! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:2.13GHz+GT520 of course with any OS! Smile

can it handle some light games ( like pro evolution soccer ) and 3d content ?
diego-ch Wrote:can it handle some light games ( like pro evolution soccer ) and 3d content ?
Here is the spec, and it should be able to do some light games- GT520M.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
live4ever Wrote:Probably a tad faster (on Win7), personally I'd go with ID80 running OpenELEC.

good idea
Looks like the ID80-PLUS is available from Zotac's website right now...$325.99
I order the Zotac zbox ID80 bare bones, installing patriot wildfire 120ssd, 4gb ram, and load windows 7 64, whole system cost around $450.00, will see how it runs XBMC.
I went with the barebones model for ~$250 shipped, using some RAM I had in my stock, and bought a cheap 32GB SSD. Plan to put openELEC on it for under $300. Hard to complain for that price.
Hello guys! Im new to the forum, but read alot.
I got settled on the Zotac ND22, but hmpf... discontinued. So the search starts all over again. (I already bought an SSD and the RAM Stare) ID70 would be nice, but to expensive!
I would love to have the ID81 with an dedicated Graphic chip.
But Zotac doesnt want to produce that one, so I think I will take the ID80.
First of all, its imported that it plays 1080p flawlessly. But that I think should not be the problem.
My second concern is how fluently it renders the XBMC (with some neat Skins. Aeon?) and a big movie collection (~7-8TB). Can somebody tell me from experience how fluently it is to:
1. Navigate menu
2. Open movie lists/cover views/...
3. Navigating movie lists/cover views/...

Thank you very much

Kind Regards
Hi All!

I just got a Zotac Zbox ID 80. Unfortunately i have some trouble installing XBMC. Sad
With Dharma, the installation doesn't even finish, as i found out from different forums the reaseon for this is that there is no driver for Nvidia GeForce GT520M in the install package.

So i tried Eden which is working basically, but i have no sound through HDMI. I tried all the audio settings, but still not working.

Can someone help me in one of the problems to get XBMC working on my ID 80?

I would need a step-by-step list what to do, as i am a completely newbie/lama in Linux, i am familiar with Windows systems.
By the way i tried the Windows version on Win7 which is working, but with 1080p mkv videos the playback hangs completely, so this is no option for me. With Eden the same mkv runs smoothly without any lag - but i have absolutely no sound Sad

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

b
blueboy Wrote:Hi All!

I just got a Zotac Zbox ID 80. Unfortunately i have some trouble installing XBMC. Sad
With Dharma, the installation doesn't even finish, as i found out from different forums the reaseon for this is that there is no driver for Nvidia GeForce GT520M in the install package.

So i tried Eden which is working basically, but i have no sound through HDMI. I tried all the audio settings, but still not working.

Can someone help me in one of the problems to get XBMC working on my ID 80?

I would need a step-by-step list what to do, as i am a completely newbie/lama in Linux, i am familiar with Windows systems.
By the way i tried the Windows version on Win7 which is working, but with 1080p mkv videos the playback hangs completely, so this is no option for me. With Eden the same mkv runs smoothly without any lag - but i have absolutely no sound Sad

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

b

If you plan to use this as a pure HTPC then I would reccommend OpenElec.

Zotac even links to them via their own site http://www.zotac.com/index.php?option=co...71&lang=nd

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Zotac Boxes (ID81, ID80 and AD04)0