Library won't update
Question 
I did search the forums but didn't see anything exactly matching my issue, sorry if this has been already discussed. I recently upgraded my Apple TV 2 from Dharma to Eden when the 4.4.4 untether came out. I backed up my library from the gui and exported it before the upgrade, and re-imported it after. After I re-created my SMB shares, I enabled XBMC to update the library on startup. And it did do it once, but hasn't since that first update. Even if I try and manually invoke a library update, it flashes 'compressing database' very briefly on the screen, but nothing happens. All video links in the library work and play just fine.

Help? I'm on Eden beta Build 9A406a installed via NitoTV. I have uploaded my xbmc.log and syslog here. I have my crashreporter logs as well if needed.

Please let me know if I've left out any details or if more information is required.
This is an issue with Eden trying to connect to TVDB or movieDb for scrapping. Try installing YouTube video plugin from the Add-ons section and redo the Scan for Updates. This will fix your issue.
a6unx Wrote:This is an issue with Eden trying to connect to TVDB or movieDb for scrapping. Try installing YouTube video plugin from the Add-ons section and redo the Scan for Updates. This will fix your issue.

Just when you think you've provided enough info...

I did forget to mention I have already tried installing the YouTube plugin that I had read from another thread and the library still will not update on startup or when manually invoking it.
Appears to be a problem with the database

Code:
220.22:29:36 T:103383040   ERROR: SQL: The database disk image is malformed
221.Query: select strPath,noUpdate from path where (strContent = 'movies' or strContent = 'musicvideos') and strPath NOT like 'multipath://%' order by strPath
222.22:29:36 T:103383040   ERROR: GetPaths failed

According to the FAQ try this:

Quote:Does your xbmc.log have any SQL errors? Remove your databases and reboot: (via SSH) rm -f /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/*db . This will reset your video database, but the devs are looking into a fix for the DB corruption issue.
navet Wrote:Appears to be a problem with the database

Code:
220.22:29:36 T:103383040   ERROR: SQL: The database disk image is malformed
221.Query: select strPath,noUpdate from path where (strContent = 'movies' or strContent = 'musicvideos') and strPath NOT like 'multipath://%' order by strPath
222.22:29:36 T:103383040   ERROR: GetPaths failed

According to the FAQ try this:

If I do this, does it mean I will have to rebuild my library? Thanks for the suggestion!
Suspect so.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library won't update0