Frequent XBMC "Eden" crashes on separate ATV2s
Hello,
I've got 2 ATV2s with Eden installed via ATV Flash.

Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 5.0.1 (Build 9A406a)). Built on Dec 24 2011 (Git:20111222-22ad8e4)

One ATV2 has a number of other things installed, while the other is a basic 4.4.4 jailbreak with only XBMC installed. I get frequent crashes on both XBMC instances with no real common denominator behind what causes the crash. I have not seen a crash while playing media, but can readily produce a crash if I navigate the UI for anywhere up to 5 minutes or so or let the unit sit idle for 5 minutes and then navigate through menus.

Below is a pastebin of my xbmc.log. In that particular instance, the crash occurred while holding the menu button to open the context menu on a particular movie to change the fanart.

http://pastebin.com/DDdxUZH1 -- xbmc.log
http://pastebin.com/DkWxra26 -- syslog
Not a dev, just going from my experiences. I was crashing all the time, until I went in and removed the media library databases and rebuilt them. Not sure if they got corrupted or what, but doing a rm *.db on those files and reloading them fixed all my issues. Also switching back to the Confluence theme fixed some out of memory issues I was having as well.

I would give that a try on 1 and see how it goes, ultimately, I re-jailbroke mine to 4.4.4, installed XBMC via NitoTV loaded up XBMC once and then went in and removed the *.db files, loaded up XBMC let the library scan. Since then I have not had any weird / random crashes.

Edit Looking at your logs, it seems you are using the aeon.nox skin. That would be where I would start first. Change it to confluence and see if you get any random crashes.
premiso Wrote:Not a dev, just going from my experiences. I was crashing all the time, until I went in and removed the media library databases and rebuilt them. Not sure if they got corrupted or what, but doing a rm *.db on those files and reloading them fixed all my issues. Also switching back to the Confluence theme fixed some out of memory issues I was having as well.

I would give that a try on 1 and see how it goes, ultimately, I re-jailbroke mine to 4.4.4, installed XBMC via NitoTV loaded up XBMC once and then went in and removed the *.db files, loaded up XBMC let the library scan. Since then I have not had any weird / random crashes.

Edit Looking at your logs, it seems you are using the aeon.nox skin. That would be where I would start first. Change it to confluence and see if you get any random crashes.

Thanks for the input. I'll clear the database and see if that helps. I've got upwards of 4000 TV eps and 400 movies in there; I'm not sure if there are practical limits to the database size that I might be hitting but the database has certainly seen quite a bit of activity as I've been modifying my regex and scrapers to get everything just right.

As for the skin, I am running Aeon on one box at the moment, and it certainly is more resource intensive, but I've had crashes on both boxes while running the Confluence skin as well.
redrock Wrote:I've got upwards of 4000 TV eps and 400 movies in there; .

I had 4k TV and 800Movies, so yea that isn't a problem. As far as the crashes, I had crashes on Confluence, again until I cleared the database files and updated to Eden Beta 1 via NitoTV after re-jailbreaking to 4.4.4. Ever since then, its been smooth sailing on Confluence, but when I had Transparency! enabled, it would do the out of memory crashes.
I restored and re-jailbroke one of my ATV2s, and installed XBMC manually via apt-get. I left XBMC running over night to rebuild my library and so far no crashes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frequent XBMC "Eden" crashes on separate ATV2s0