Say thanks to the selfless devs here
This is one of those rare open source/community ran pieces of software that works better than all of the 'commercial' stuff
Atomic Zombie Wrote:This is one of those rare open source/community ran pieces of software that works better than all of the 'commercial' stuff

You might have opened a can of worms here... Big Grin

Pretty much every piece of open-source software I use - running multiple *nix desktops, servers, etc - works better than their commercial 'counterparts'.
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
Memphiz Wrote:I would like to thank all the users which are trying to support others tireless to keep some noise off of us.

Awesome - if we can keep you guys from getting all the "FLAC" (pun intended) we get more code, more fixes, more love. Plus keep ya's from getting the blues from the whiny posts lol.

Glad you devs are seeing this.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Just my +1 to say "thanks"
Thanks a ton to the devs, and everyone else who graciously shares their knowledge and expertise to this amazing forum. Great group of people here!
I, too, would like to express my gratitude to the devs for making it work, to the skinners for making it look good, and to the users in this forum for helping to get it working for all us n00bs out there.

I've been using XBMC since the Xbox days, and it is very impressive to see how much it's grown and matured (and remained free!). Thank you from the bottom of my heart (and soon from the bottom of my wallet ... donation coming once I recover from my flooded bathroom that I got from my house for Christmas).

Lastly, I want to thank you for making it wife-proof. And not just any wife ... my wife. She is the only person I've ever seen break an iPad ... and she did it within the first 5 minutes of using it. The worst part is ... it was MY iPAD, and she locked it up hard. Took some googling to figure out how to reset it. Why am I telling you this? Because she hasn't broken XBMC on the ATV2 yet! And that's incredible! She is a software engineer, and she is a master at finding flaws in UI design and shortcomings in usability. Now, don't ask about XBMC on Windows ... I have no idea how she got some of those menus to appearRofl
Gr8rtek Wrote:She is a software engineer

Get her coding! Laugh

Seriously, I was just out shovelling the &^*&%*#$ driveway and thinking the guys coding this have to deal with the same real-world shite we all do - and still it gets better and better. Nice to see the love.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Gonna bump once cause threads in this subforum drop down the list fast. As of now 469 viewed the thread and 22 replied.

Take the two seconds to say thanks for an awesome program, maybe say why it rocks, and give these guys a reason to miss sleep! Nod
DDDamian Wrote:Get her coding! Laugh

she doesn't code anymore...crossed over to the "dark side" and now supervises a team of 120 engineers across like seven different product lines. Which is why I get to sit around and play with XBMC all dayCool
Just fantastic work guys. Thank you all for everything you do for us.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
thanks Smile
indeed a wonderful job by all the devs.
this is easily among the greatest open-source projects.
and i for one applaud the efforts of everyone that has donated their time to make it all it has become.
Just wanted to say I love it.

In fact, it's the single greatest piece of software I have ever used, full stop. To think that it's all been done by passionate volunteers twists my melon!

I too, plan to establish a "donate every year policy" like someone mentioned above. I feel I've coasted far enough on my last donation.....

Jim
Jimmer Wrote:Just wanted to say I love it.

In fact, it's the single greatest piece of software I have ever used, full stop. To think that it's all been done by passionate volunteers twists my melon!

I too, plan to establish a "donate every year policy" like someone mentioned above. I feel I've coasted far enough on my last donation.....

Jim

+1, everything you wrote. I'm due to give my annual donation.
I love it. Many many many thanks.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Say thanks to the selfless devs here0