Dual DVB-S2 Card, low profile, half length
Hi guys,

Following Qlinks great build, I have just ordered a N40L HP microserver. I am planning on using it as a 24/7 server + HTPC, running XBMC on WHS2011.

If possible, I would love to put in a Dual DVB-S2 card, have looked around for one but cant find one suitable.

Does anyone know of one off hand, or point me in the right direction?

Has to be PCI-e, low profile, half length.

Cheers
I have th DVB-C version of this card:
http://shop.digital-devices.de/epages/62...cts/091201
In the UK:

Black Gold have a whole range of them and they're well reputed. You're looking at £100-120 depending on whether you also want a DVB-T2 tuner on the card (makes sense to me if you can). Lots of used ones come up on eBay bidding for £80+

By the way, in case you don't already know this, for dual DVB-S2 tuners to work you need to have two separate feeds from your LNB as the tuner has to tell the LNB which transport stream it wants to look at.

If you're using an old Sky+ installation, that'll work fine. Single feeds won't work. Hence I suggested getting a tuner with DVB-T2 built in - all the free HD channels are the same
baldmosher™
Trying to save his marriage with a HTPC
Current system: TV unit, 37PFL5405H, Microserver N40L (as HTPC), Xbox360, BDP-S370, FoxsatHD, Azur 540Rv2, Keysonic 540RF, Harmony 300
Planned W7x64 AMD mATX (HT)PC build: Case, PSU, RAM, Mobo, CPU Total £240 + IR + HSF? + SSD?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dual DVB-S2 Card, low profile, half length0