Default keyboard.xml is wrong
Hi,

I have been having several issues with Eden so i will start documenting them here and see if i am going crazy or things are broken.

The default keyboard.xml in Eden has changed and some keys are different in global and fullscreenvideo when they should actually be the same...

In <Global />, you have :
Code:
<period>SkipNext</period>
      <comma>SkipPrevious</comma>

while in <FullScreenVideo /> you have :
Code:
<period>StepForward</period>
      <comma>StepBack</comma>

FullScreenVideo should have the Skips or else there is no way to go to the next item in a playlist from the keyboard...
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
These mappings were in the keymap in Dharma. In fact I looked back through the current GIT repository and keyboard.xml had those entries when the repository was created so the change must have preceded the switch from SVN to GIT.

I note that the v9.11 keyboard.xml has SkipBack instead of StepBack so the change must have been made between v9.11 and v10.0, but I don't know why it was made. The fact that no-one has complained so far suggests that the mappings will be left as they are for Eden.

JR
Maybe it happened at the same time as when Backspace was changed from SmallStepBack to FullScreen in the <FullScreenVideo /> section

Only reason i figured this out is because i recently stopped using EventGhost in favor of MCE Remote addon... While configuring the mappings i noticed the skipping didn't work.

-Pr.
jhsrennie Wrote:The fact that no-one has complained so far suggests that the mappings will be left as they are for Eden.

JR

But shouldn't it at least behave the way it is documented?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keyboard/Videos
I'd like to complain about this. Sucks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default keyboard.xml is wrong0