[keyboard.xml - Action commands] PVR specific keymapping ?
Can any one explain why i just get the epg data for current channel and not the full epg data for all channels set in epg timeline?
(2012-07-01, 10:54)_BJ1 Wrote:
Quote:sadly with a remote/lirc this behaviour cannot be configured

It can be configured. Simply edit your Lircmap.xml
Code:
<yourKeyOnRemote>FullScreen</yourKeyOnRemote>

_BJ1

This does not fully work.
Try this an you will see that it will switch from fullscreentv back to the menu you where in.
But is does not switch back to fullscreentv again when you press the button for a second time.
Hence this function does not "toggle" between fullscreentv and the menu you left before you entered fullscreentv..

When you doe this with a keyboard it works ok (tab key).
When you this with a remote button map like you stated above it does not fully work (i'm only familiar with the pvr branch)
(2012-08-04, 21:12)basco Wrote:
(2012-07-01, 10:54)_BJ1 Wrote:
Quote:sadly with a remote/lirc this behaviour cannot be configured

It can be configured. Simply edit your Lircmap.xml
Code:
<yourKeyOnRemote>FullScreen</yourKeyOnRemote>

_BJ1

This does not fully work.
Try this an you will see that it will switch from fullscreentv back to the menu you where in.
But is does not switch back to fullscreentv again when you press the button for a second time.
Hence this function does not "toggle" between fullscreentv and the menu you left before you entered fullscreentv..

When you doe this with a keyboard it works ok (tab key).
When you this with a remote button map like you stated above it does not fully work (i'm only familiar with the pvr branch)
Well here it does work. When opening EPG Guide i can switchback using a fullscreen button.

Edit:
Something else. Is there a way to switch channel directly from epg guide instead of opening secondary screen and doing 2 steps left to switch to that channel, can't i just hit OK on remote and switch channel?
Thanks it did work for me.

Only thing is, when on fullscreen it does not make difference between watching LiveTV or Movies.
For example when i remap the play_pause button on the Boxee remote to open EPG, this is for both LiveTV and Movies. But off course it is useless when watching a movie. It would be far better if i am able to map that play_pause button to something else when watching a movie.

Does anyone know if there is a workaround for this?
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
(2012-07-03, 02:52)akutz Wrote: So I'm looking at the mapping files on the Eden PVR branch and it doesn't appear as if there is a way to change the channels directly through an Up or Down scheme? Is this correct?

does using pageup/down change the channels? does on mine, i have set the harmony remote to use them as goes good.

speaking of all this, it took me forever to find the obc codes for harmony. specifically" guide"

i have copied these from another post, which dealt with lirc which doesnt help here. but im sure the codes would.

<obc100>menu</obc100>
<obc101>info</obc101>
<obc102>exit</obc102>
<obc103>guide</obc103>
<obc104>up1</obc104>
<obc105>up2</obc105>
<obc106>down1</obc106>
<obc107>down2</obc107>
<obc108>chanplus</obc108>
<obc109>chanminus</obc109>
<obc110>left</obc110>
<obc111>right</obc111>
<obc112>ok</obc112>
<obc113>rewind</obc113>
<obc114>play</obc114>
<obc115>ffwd</obc115>
<obc116>skipminus</obc116>
<obc117>skipplus</obc117>
<obc118>back</obc118>
<obc119>record</obc119>
<obc120>pause</obc120>
<obc121>stop</obc121>
<obc122>1</obc122>
<obc123>2</obc123>
<obc124>3</obc124>
<obc125>4</obc125>
<obc126>5</obc126>
<obc127>6</obc127>
<obc128>7</obc128>
<obc129>8</obc129>
<obc130>9</obc130>
<obc131>0</obc131>
<obc132>plus</obc132>
<obc133>e</obc133>

hope this helps a bit

cheers

hi, and what about the pause button. this doesn't seem to work in pvr. in movies it does on my harmony one with mce profile.
I heart it was disabled by the developers is that right?!
when using my mobile app (XBMC commander) I am able to pause on pvr however...
i press pause in pvr and it works..could be timeshifting isnt enabled in the tv server? i dunno, i know nothing about xbmc.. testing it out from wmc..

you could always stick with the mce remote as a base and only change buttons that are relevant to xbmc so stuff like guide, menu etc. the normal everyday stuff common to most remotes, like ply, ff rewind, leave as mce remote.. although it may defeat the purpose of tthis thread.. sorry if it does.

I want to map the EPG-Info-window to the info-button on my remote to view a currently watched program-info when watching TV.

The command in Keymap.xml is:

Code:
<info>XBMC.ActivateWindow(pvrguideinfo)</info>

Unfortunately the window is always empty or shows old infos from the last selected program on the EPG-timeline.

How can I get the EPG-informations of the currently watched channel? I'm looking for something like:

Code:
<info>XBMC.ActivateWindow(pvrguideinfo, CurrentChannel)</info>

However, the above line is not working. I don't know the magic command to replace CurrentChannel.
without looking at the code I think what you try to do is not possible atm - you probably need to use XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDGuide) (untested)
I don't want the guide. I want the information-subwindow from the guide. The window with the description-text of the currently running tv-movie.

pvrguideinfo is working already it just doesn't show the wrong info because it's not executed from the epg-timeline but directly from fullscreen-tv. I think there must be a variable for the epg to handover so that the info-subwindow knows what to display.

This wiki-page shows a list of such variables used internally in xbmc. I just don't know how to use them.

E.g. there a variables called ListItem.NextPlot, ListItem.NextPlotOutline or even ListItem.ChannelName. I just don't know which one to choose and how to use them.

Edit: I just found a variable called VideoPlayer.ChannelName. That's propably the one I need. The description says it gives me the name of the currently tuned channel. Now I just need the syntax for calling the EPG-Info-subwindow properly to handover the channel-name.

Here is a description of calling subwindows. The wikipage Window-ID's links to that page and reads:
Quote: "You can use secondary parameters with all media windows, as can be seen here:".

Somehow the EPG has to tell it's subwindow what info to display. Unfortunately the wiki-pages don't show a list of possible parameters for all xbmc-subwindows.
I have Info pull up DialogFullscreenInfo.xml to show the currently playing channel info. Do you specifically need the EPGinfo window for setting a timer?
@bred_pitt - You can't pass dynamic arguments to a window from within a keymap - at least not as far as I know. The wiki page you're referring to is intended to be used in skins, not keymaps.

What you want to achieve might be possible after the PVR windows have been refactored (IIRC pieh was working on it) - not sure if this is already finished and in mainline.
Quote:I have Info pull up DialogFullscreenInfo.xml to show the currently playing channel info. Do you specifically need the EPGinfo window for setting a timer?

no I don't. I just want exactly what you describe: Infos about currently running channel. No timer or other fancy stuff. How can I do that?
i would like to have 2 things:

1. so when you are watching tv in fullscreen mode you press a button and the EPG info text should appear, so not just program name but also program description.

2. when in epg timeline view: press an info button to TOGGLE epg description, and press OK to immediately switch to the channel (the latter i already achieved).
1) Yes, this is what I was looking for too.

2) I think this is the usual way. It's working for me without extra-configuration.

Quote:I have Info pull up DialogFullscreenInfo.xml to show the currently playing channel info. Do you specifically need the EPGinfo window for setting a timer?

How does this work? Is DialogFullscreeninfo.xml some kind of selfmade-xml? How do you bind it to the remote?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[keyboard.xml - Action commands] PVR specific keymapping ?0