Suggestion for scraping difficult show(s)
Question 
While the scraper seems remarkably good at handling almost all my shows, I have a few that simply do NOT scrape well and some that don't scrape at all...

I've rifled thru thetvdb, trying to gleen the specific naming needed to trigger a successful scrape, but haven't been able. IS there some sort of online gateway/form/etc. where I can actually see/search to see what the scraper's pulling from- so I can name these programs appropriately?
What specifically are some of the problem programs?
The Three Stooges
Quincy M.E.
almost anything National Geographic...
The Three Stooges are in the TVDB and many of their episodes on on there. If the season is listed as 'special' then it is S00EXX where XX is the episode number. If the episode is not listed then you can signup for the TVDB account and enter them yourself. That is what I do. Sometimes things are missing.

Often the National Geographic shows are under "National Geographic Documentaries" Often they are not listed and need to be created.

This question is really better addressed at the TVDB forums.
Also make sure that you have the option selected in XBMC to use the directory names for the show titles. If the directories are named correctly and match the TVDB entries and the SXXEXX is in the video file name then that is all that really matters.
The easiest way is to create a text file in the folder of the tv show. Name this file "tvshow.nfo"

Now find the show on thetvdb.org. Once you found it, copy the url from the show and paste it in this file. Xbmc will now use that url to identify the show.

Remco

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggestion for scraping difficult show(s)0