• 13(current)
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)
gottal ove great quick developers..

i know you said you were working on hdhomerun prime for the next version.. no rush.. how does it look? do you think it will be doable?
gman3042 Wrote:gottal ove great quick developers..

i know you said you were working on hdhomerun prime for the next version.. no rush.. how does it look? do you think it will be doable?

It's doable. Maybe easier, which is why there's more apps with hdhomerun support.
XBMC already has built in support for hdhomerun. I'll use that for direct streaming.
more apps? like, which? Tongue i don't see that many hdhomerun prime apps. unless you mean the ios app which is pretty good. the only bad thing about it is that it can't be used from a remote location. which is why i'm hoping you can get this to work. would make stuff so much easier Big Grin
gman3042 Wrote:more apps? like, which? Tongue i don't see that many hdhomerun prime apps. unless you mean the ios app which is pretty good. the only bad thing about it is that it can't be used from a remote location. which is why i'm hoping you can get this to work. would make stuff so much easier Big Grin

I'll start this later this week. Not going to be home until later tonight, so I'm not going to be able to work on it.
iOS might be next release (few days hopefully) and hdhomerun the release after.
One issue: I was using the "test" server you posted last night. When I try 1.6.5 I get no sound! (BTW, the file on the first post does not have the resources or logs folders)
Looking at Media Information after initiating stream in VLC player I see there is no audio stream being sent from 1.6.5.

Also, the resolution might be misleading: when you select 720 in RemoteCeton for trnascoding, it does not send 720p video (1280x720). It uses 720 for width, not horizontal resolution, so the video gets compressed at 720x406.

Same with 1080, it is not transcoded at 1920x1080, but 1080x608. Both look great though, but maybe resolutions should be adjusted to the standard.
uspino Wrote:Looking at Media Information after initiating stream in VLC player I see there is no audio stream being sent from 1.6.5.

Also, the resolution might be misleading: when you select 720 in RemoteCeton for trnascoding, it does not send 720p video (1280x720). It uses 720 for width, not horizontal resolution, so the video gets compressed at 720x406.

Same with 1080, it is not transcoded at 1920x1080, but 1080x608. Both look great though, but maybe resolutions should be adjusted to the standard.

Folders get created automatically.
Wasn't thinking and put in the wrong transcode options Sad
I'll look at audio later but my debug version is also working.
I might have messed something up when I removed the debug stuff.
Won't know until later today

That's what you get for make changes too quickly :p
mcheng89 Wrote:That's what you get for make changes too quickly :p

Quick is great, hey you made it to Engadget in just a week!Laugh
uspino Wrote:Quick is great, hey you made it to Engadget in just a week!Laugh

Really? Link? Nvm found it Smile
Just ordered an infinitv over the weekend and was excited to read through this thread. Couple noob questions - thanks in advance.

Is there plans to support interaction with the EPG (ie scheduling recordings)
Does the content from the cable provider need to be marked "copy freely" to stream to XBMC?
stokd Wrote:Just ordered an infinitv over the weekend and was excited to read through this thread. Couple noob questions - thanks in advance.

Does the content from the cable provider need to be marked "copy freely" to stream to XBMC?

Recording is a likely possibility, but not my highest priority.
And only copy freely, but if you have Verizon or Comcast most channels are copy freely.
stokd Wrote:Just ordered an infinitv over the weekend and was excited to read through this thread. Couple noob questions - thanks in advance.

...and you did the right thing at the right time: they just went down to $199 and RemoteCeton is going to give you the best extender+streamer+slingcatcher+IOSplaceshifter...
mcheng89 Wrote:Recording is a likely possibility, but not my highest priority.
And only copy freely, but if you have Verizon or Comcast most channels are copy freely.
Thanks again, that is what I assumed. Unfortunately, I'm with Time Warner so that may present an issue as I read that only local channels are copy freely.
uspino Wrote:Looking at Media Information after initiating stream in VLC player I see there is no audio stream being sent from 1.6.5.

Fixed audio and resolution...
Update the XBMC plugin too.
I modified transcodeWidth param to transcodeResolution

Testing iOS streaming....
mcheng89 Wrote:Testing iOS streaming....

Testing iOS streamig? We want in!
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)10