• 20(current)
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)
europorsche914 Wrote:thats weird im on w7 x64 with IE9 and it works great on both my HTPC and my laptop

thats what im seeing as a solution too the content-type! im gonna post the updated soon but first can u tell me the 2 colors you used for your background fade on the iOS webgui (i skimmed the html and didnt see it)? Ill set the other webgui to match

#2f4761 #1d2b3b

Try this version: http://www.mediafire.com/?u2x3yfjst2cy3kx
^ Didnt test it. Let me know if the content-type changed

EDIT: Close to finishing favorites!
mcheng89 Wrote:#2f4761 #1d2b3b

Try this version: http://www.mediafire.com/?u2x3yfjst2cy3kx
^ Didnt test it. Let me know if the content-type changed

EDIT: Close to finishing favorites!

ok now it properly sets the content-type but firefox (and now IE9) still trys to open it let me check it out see if i can fix it..
europorsche914 Wrote:ok now it properly sets the content-type but firefox (and now IE9) still trys to open it let me check it out see if i can fix it..

I'll help out after I finish some stuff

Favorites is done Smile... Todo load epg
mcheng89 Wrote:I'll help out after I finish some stuff

Favorites is done Smile... Todo load epg

from what little I can gather (not much mentioned online except for streaming to iOS with a mime type of mp2t) its an issue of the browsers not being able to handle the mp2t type. I even threw index.html up on my apache server and added the mime type as defined: here. and still no go.. maybe the embedded vlc player will be the way to go...

EDIT: REVISED index.html version 1.1: Download index.html
<still having timezone issues but that wont affect many people unless trying to watch tv away from home from another timezone>
europorsche914 Wrote:from what little I can gather (not much mentioned online except for streaming to iOS with a mime type of mp2t) its an issue of the browsers not being able to handle the mp2t type. I even threw index.html up on my apache server and added the mime type as defined: here. and still no go.. maybe the embedded vlc player will be the way to go...

EDIT: REVISED index.html version 1.1: Download index.html
<still having timezone issues but that wont affect many people unless trying to watch tv away from home from another timezone>

I'll help you with the timezone. Should we go vlc?

v1.7.2 Released - iOS web app completed Smile

EDIT: Date().getTime() doesnt need the timezone subtraction
EDIT2: wow the new file looks nice Smile
mcheng89 Wrote:I'll help you with the timezone. Should we go vlc?

v1.7.2 Released - iOS web app completed Smile

EDIT: Date().getTime() doesnt need the timezone subtraction

gotya knew i was missing something so the .getTime() returns the time in UTC other issue I just thought of is handling DST (havent looked up how to handle it yet..) I tried the vlc plugin but guess you need an additional package or maybe I didnt select the checkbox when installing vlc cause it didnt show up Confusedhrug: gotta look into it..
europorsche914 Wrote:gotya knew i was missing something so the .getTime() returns the time in UTC other issue I just thought of is handling DST (havent looked up how to handle it yet..) I tried the vlc plugin but guess you need an additional package or maybe I didnt select the checkbox when installing vlc cause it didnt show up Confusedhrug: gotta look into it..

Theres a checkbox when you install it.
mcheng89 Wrote:Theres a checkbox when you install it.

hmm works in firefox but not in IE9? not sure whats up I reinstalled vlc and it only mentions mozilla.. too tired to look into it now.. thanks for your hard work!

EDIT: reinstalled vlc 2.0 again but made sure IE was closed and now the plugin shows up!
Same here, on IE it starts downloading a file with name of the server IP ("Downloading 192_168_1_189"). Reinstalled VLC, checked web plugin, etc...

Other than that, great looking interfaces, both iOS and web.
uspino Wrote:Same here, on IE it starts downloading a file with name of the server IP ("Downloading 192_168_1_189"). Reinstalled VLC, checked web plugin, etc...

Other than that, great looking interfaces, both iOS and web.

this is caused by IE not knowing how to handle the content type.. not sure of how to fix it other than using a different content type. The content type is being assigned by the api, although im not sure hard setting the content type is the right method because on cable systems that use mpeg4 the currently assigned content type of mp2t (mpeg2 transport stream) would be incorrect.. maybe a content type detection method is required?
mcheng89 , I know you have a long todo list. Here's one more... Enable AirPlay? I think it is supposed some sort of x-webkit-airplay="allow" in the code, but I'm sure you know better.
uspino Wrote:mcheng89 , I know you have a long todo list. Here's one more... Enable AirPlay? I think it is supposed some sort of x-webkit-airplay="allow" in the code, but I'm sure you know better.

Will do... Probably won't have any progress for today.

europorsche914 Wrote:EDIT: reinstalled vlc 2.0 again but made sure IE was closed and now the plugin shows up!
Looks like it's something we can use Smile

I have some other ideas... I can mux the file as a flv and we can use a flash player, or mux it as mp4 to get html5 video (not all browsers support h264 though, so prob not going to do this).
Reinstalled VLC, all file types associated, all web plugins, IE closed. Now IE tries to launch VLC when clicking on a channel number, then I get an error box with "The command line options could not be parsed. Make sure they are valid", three times, then error page on IE.

On remoteCeton I get:

Tuner[3]: rtsp://192.168.200.1:8554/cetonmpeg2
Tuner[3]: Starting video stream
VLC[3]: Starting VLC instance with remoteVLC plugin
VLC[3]: Streaming to http://localhost:8558
VLC[3]: Setting stream program id using remoteVLC
Error: connect() returned error 10061.
Error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

VLC[3]: Error while communicating with VLC
VLC[3]: Closing VLC instance
Tuner[3]: Stopping video stream
mcheng89 Wrote:Will do... Probably won't have any progress for today.

Looks like it's something we can use Smile

I have some other ideas... I can mux the file as a flv and we can use a flash player, or mux it as mp4 to get html5 video (not all browsers support h264 though, so prob not going to do this).

hmm if we can use mp4 without decreasing quality for the direct stream then that may be the way to go, mp4 uses less bandwidth to deliver a higher quality.. I am currently coding for vlc player and will release that sometime today.. Smile
uspino Wrote:Reinstalled VLC, all file types associated, all web plugins, IE closed. Now IE tries to launch VLC when clicking on a channel number, then I get an error box with "The command line options could not be parsed. Make sure they are valid", three times, then error page on IE.

On remoteCeton I get:

Tuner[3]: rtsp://192.168.200.1:8554/cetonmpeg2
Tuner[3]: Starting video stream
VLC[3]: Starting VLC instance with remoteVLC plugin
VLC[3]: Streaming to http://localhost:8558
VLC[3]: Setting stream program id using remoteVLC
Error: connect() returned error 10061.
Error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

VLC[3]: Error while communicating with VLC
VLC[3]: Closing VLC instance
Tuner[3]: Stopping video stream

Seems like you forgot the remotevlc plugin
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)10