• 6(current)
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)
Killervette Wrote:i bet this will do it. I dont know why i didnt think of it. I made the changes and will test when i get home. thanks!

That did the trick.
mcheng89 Wrote:The channelmap file gets saved in the xbmc addon also. Don't forget to modify that. I'll make some sort of blacklist file, so that we can remove channels from the channel map automatically.

NOTE: VLC 2.0 seems to break my plugin Sad
So that might have higher priority than any other issues.
I'll release one more update today to finish off the epg

yes forgot to mention that or just delete the file and the plugin will grab it from the api on the next run
mcheng89 Wrote:The channelmap file gets saved in the xbmc addon also. Don't forget to modify that. I'll make some sort of blacklist file, so that we can remove channels from the channel map automatically.

NOTE: VLC 2.0 seems to break my plugin Sad
So that might have higher priority than any other issues.
I'll release one more update today to finish off the epg

I think I decided what I am going to do for VLC 2.0 when it comes out. It might fix some issues with sharing one tuner on multiple client. Though might make the experience worse for people who use VLC/WMP to watch tv, since it interrupts the stream when you change channels. The XBMC client will not be affected

Going to continue work on the program now.

@europorsche914: added your instructions to first post. removed the line about deleting the channelmap from the xbmc plugin. since it now checks the server to see if the channel map was modified

Edit: AppleTV remote info: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Glo...ple_Remote
europorsche914 Wrote:
[b]2.
Then create a file titled mc2xml.chl in the resources folder containing the same channels (one channel number per line) to be downloaded using mc2xml.exe (google search). Easiest way to create this file is simply removing column "B" and "C" in whatever spreadsheet program you are using for the previous step and saving as mc2xml.chl.
ex:

I created a mc2xml.chl with only 3 channels in it in the same directory as the mc2xml.exe file (\remoteCeton\resources) but each time m2xml runs, I ignores the .chl and pulls in info for all channels. Thoughts on how to debug this?
LehighBri Wrote:I created a mc2xml.chl with only 3 channels in it in the same directory as the mc2xml.exe file (\remoteCeton\resources) but each time m2xml runs, I ignores the .chl and pulls in info for all channels. Thoughts on how to debug this?

thats odd, its always worked for me and on several different setups.. what version are you using? it should state it in the command windows when you run mc2xml
europorsche914 Wrote:thats odd, its always worked for me and on several different setups.. what version are you using? it should state it in the command windows when you run mc2xml

I did some further digging. Running mc2xml.exe by itself with the .chl in the same dir does indeed only create an xmltv.xml for programs on those channels.

For some reason from that point, the channelmap.csv shows more than just those channels. And when I bring up the guide, I also see more than just those channels. Ultimately what I'm trying to do is just show only a few channels in the guide. Is there a way to do that? Maybe I misunderstood what outcome using the .chl would get me to
LehighBri Wrote:I did some further digging. Running mc2xml.exe by itself with the .chl in the same dir does indeed only create an xmltv.xml for programs on those channels.

For some reason from that point, the channelmap.csv shows more than just those channels. And when I bring up the guide, I also see more than just those channels. Ultimately what I'm trying to do is just show only a few channels in the guide. Is there a way to do that? Maybe I misunderstood what outcome using the .chl would get me to

The chl file limits what channels the guide downloads.
Modifying the channelmap.csv removes the channel from the guide.

The reason you make a chl file too is because mc2xml will still store guide data for the channel even if you remove the channel from the channelmap file.
mcheng89 Wrote:The chl file limits what channels the guide downloads.
Modifying the channelmap.csv removes the channel from the guide.

The reason you make a chl file too is because mc2xml will still store guide data for the channel even if you remove the channel from the channelmap file.

Great, thanks. Works great!
Curious if this could be adapted to work with a Silicon Dust HDHomerun?
thewarm Wrote:Curious if this could be adapted to work with a Silicon Dust HDHomerun?

It could work with hdhomerun with some modifications.

But, I thought that xbmc can already play hdhomerun streams.
So you might only need to use the server for the guide data
and xbmc can directly play the stream.

Edit: Let me know if you are interested in hdhomerun support
Released v1.6 with some transcoding support! Still have some improvements to make... Please test and let me know how it goes!

I changed/added some config file settings, so please follow these instructions when you update:

DELETE YOUR SETTINGS FILE AND START WITH A FRESH ONE
DELETE THE %APPDATA%\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.cetontv folder
Congratulations! What an elegant way of implementing transcoding! I'm hoping we'll be able to add higher or lower profiles in the configuration file.

Now a couple of things you should look at. When I start RemoteCeton on XBMC, it always starts on channel 1 (is there a way to make it start on the guide, or on the last played channel?). Now, channel 1 is an SD channel, and when I switch to an HD channel XBMC only show the upper left corner of the video stream. I guess it is expecting the same resolution as the first channel selected, which is always channel 1, SD.

The bad news is trascoding is not working for me. I always get "One or more items failed to play, Check the log for advise". I see nothing in the LOG-remoteVLC.txt about it. And it doesn't look like there's ever any transcoding activity starting on the computer (no CPU used).

Any advice?
uspino Wrote:Congratulations! What an elegant way of implementing transcoding! I'm hoping we'll be able to add higher or lower profiles in the configuration file.

Now a couple of things you should look at. When I start RemoteCeton on XBMC, it always starts on channel 1 (is there a way to make it start on the guide, or on the last played channel?). Now, channel 1 is an SD channel, and when I switch to an HD channel XBMC only show the upper left corner of the video stream. I guess it is expecting the same resolution as the first channel selected, which is always channel 1, SD.

The bad news is trascoding is not working for me. I always get "One or more items failed to play, Check the log for advise". I see nothing in the LOG-remoteVLC.txt about it. And it doesn't look like there's ever any transcoding activity starting on the computer (no CPU used).

Any advice?

I'm not sure. But I'm off to work soon, so I won't be able to take a look until tonight.
mcheng89 Wrote:I'm not sure. But I'm off to work soon, so I won't be able to take a look until tonight.

I get the same issue with transcoding on. With "Direct Stream" chosen, the streaming plays back great.
Yes! I would like support for the hd Homerun prime cablecard device or would this maybe work already?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)10