• 19(current)
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)
DarkApathy Wrote:192.168.200.2 (my computer)
192.168.200.1 (the ip i put in the settings file)

whats 192.168.0.254 that one seemed to work
That one had a FATAL ERROR: Error with write permissions.
Give write/read permissions to the addon folder
mcheng89 Wrote:whats 192.168.0.254 that one seemed to work
That one had a FATAL ERROR: Error with write permissions.

That's the IP address of my internet I got an error "Error with write permissions. Please read the install guide on how to setup CetonTv. [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/mobile/library/pr"

I used 192.168.200.2 for the xbmc on my computer (and that worked). I was just testing to see if my regular IP address (the non remoteCeton server ip address) would work.

Edit: seemed like it worked with the 192.168.0.254 ip address and giving it write permissions. Just with crazy lag (Only with HD channels). Thanks mcheng!
Ok I finished a webgui with guide data and channel logos that works in almost every browser (actually havent had a browser fail but only have access to IE, firefox, and iOS safari). It has an EPG and allows for resolution and bitrate selection as well as tuner selection. It utilizes the vlc web plugin to play the video right in the browser. Also this vlc plugin deinterlaces the video! You can mouse over programs to view their program info. I have a link on the page to allow all iOS users to still use the great gui that mcheng is working on, because this webgui is not meant to replace the iOS gui but instead allow remote computers to access the powerful remoteCeton api.

If you would like to use this webgui you must:
1. Have "EPG_ENABLED=true" in remoteCeton/settings.conf and have mc2xml properly setup including creating a channel list for mc2xml to save space.
2. Have vlc web plugin installed (comes packaged with vlc 2.0).

IF YOU WANT LOGOS perform the steps 3-7 otherwise skip to step 8
3. Download My Channel Logos here
4. Download logomapper here. and place the contents of the folder "logomapper" found inside the zip file into the remoteCeton/resources folder.
5. Now go here and right click on "<MyChannelLogosCatalog>" save target as "logos.xml" and place it into the remoteCeton/resources folder.
6. Now go here and right click on "<Affiliates>" save target as "affiliates.xml" and place it into the remoteCeton/resources folder.
7. Now run logomapper.exe, and all logos will be copied to remoteCeton/resources/logos folder.

8. To use the webgui go to "http://<ipaddress-of-remoteCeton>:<port-of-remoteCeton>/m/"
9. To view fullscreen double click on the video.

Version:2.8 Download index.html

europorsche914 Wrote:Ok I finished a webgui with guide data that works in almost every browser (actually havent had a browser fail but only have access to IE, firefox, and iOS safari). It has an EPG and allows for resolution and bitrate selection as well as tuner selection. It should adjusts for a differences in timezones. So far it works good just might need more work on accurate am/pm since I can only test that 2x a day.. I have a link on the page to allow all iOS users to still use the great gui that mcheng is working on, because this webgui is not meant to replace the iOS gui but instead allow remote computers to access the powerful remoteCeton api.

If you would like to use this webgui you must:
1. Have "EPG_ENABLED=true" in remoteCeton/settings.conf and have mc2xml properly setup.
2. Go into the remoteCeton/webfiles folder and rename "index.html" to "iphone.html".
3. Then save the file "index.html" below to the remoteCeton/webfiles folder.
4. To use the webgui go to "http://<ipaddress-of-remoteCeton>:<port-of-remoteCeton>/m/"

Download index.html

@mcheng feel free to use this code if you like it! Ill warn ya though its pretty sloppy, I didnt comment any of it... Shocked

Looks really nice Smile ! Going to use it for web interface... still working on iphone interface

EDIT: How does it play the video right now Smile ?
mcheng89 Wrote:Looks really nice Smile ! Going to use it for web interface... still working on iphone interface

EDIT: How does it play the video right now Smile ?

Thanks! Ill be releasing an update in a little while after I test something (a bug that occurs when time switches between hours while browsing, the page requires a refresh)

right now it uses the redirect function of the api to switch to the stream when the channel number is clicked and it uses javascript to update all links anytime the resolution/bitrate/tuner is changed
europorsche914 Wrote:Thanks! Ill be releasing an update at 7pm after I test something (a bug that occurs when time switches between hours while browsing, the page requires a refresh)

right now it uses the redirect function of the api to switch to the stream when the channel number is clicked and it uses javascript to update all links anytime the resolution/bitrate/tuner is changed

Does the video play directly in the browser?

EDIT: Gonna finish up favorites...
europorsche914 Wrote:Ok I finished a webgui with guide data that works in almost every browser (actually havent had a browser fail but only have access to IE, firefox, and iOS safari). It has an EPG and allows for resolution and bitrate selection as well as tuner selection. It should adjusts for a differences in timezones. So far it works good just might need more work on accurate am/pm since I can only test that 2x a day.. I have a link on the page to allow all iOS users to still use the great gui that mcheng is working on, because this webgui is not meant to replace the iOS gui but instead allow remote computers to access the powerful remoteCeton api.

europorsche914, congratularions. It looks great and it feels very snappy. I have the same question as mcheng89

Quote:right now it uses the redirect function of the api to switch to the stream when the channel number is clicked and it uses javascript to update all links anytime the resolution/bitrate/tuner is changed

When I click, it starts downloading the stream, not playing it. Any file association I should do to open VLAN or WMP?
uspino Wrote:europorsche914, congratularions. It looks great and it fells very snappy. I have the same question as mcheng89

When I click, it starts downloading the stream, not playing it. Any file association I should do to open VLAN or WMP?

in IE it will open in windows media player in firefox it will try to download unless you right click hit copy link then in windows media player hit ctrl+u and then paste and hit ok.. havent tracked that down yet figure its something to do with content type...
If the computer has VLC 2.0, this works for IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome. Smile
http://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:WebPlugin

<embed type="application/x-vlc-plugin" pluginspage="http://www.videolan.org"
width="640"
height="480"
src="http://localhost:8559"
id="vlc">
</embed>

Then maybe this will work to detect if they ahve vlc
Code:
var vlc = document.getElementById("vlc");
if (vlc.audio) alert("We can embed vlc into the webpage");

I'm still thinking about which way to do the web player. (Maybe its possible to transcode it into HTML5 video)

We can embed even WMP in the browser too

Which way should we go? Smile....
mcheng89 Wrote:If the computer has VLC 2.0, this works for IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome. Smile
http://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:WebPlugin

<embed type="application/x-vlc-plugin" pluginspage="http://www.videolan.org"
width="640"
height="480"
src="http://localhost:8559"
id="vlc">
</embed>

Then maybe this will work to detect if they ahve vlc
Code:
var vlc = document.getElementById("vlc");
if (vlc.audio) alert("We can embed vlc into the webpage");

I'm still thinking about which way to do the web player. (Maybe its possible to transcode it into HTML5 video)

We can embed WMP in the browser too

Which way should we go? Smile....

I would prefer cross-browser and cross-system support but not sure what is required to do it other than properly defining the metadata type so the browser an os can handle streaming the content with the default player. Currently the stream's contenttype is defined as an octet stream (from memory dont have FF on this machine..) If its too hard an embedded vlc window would suffice provided we use the detection method you mentioned. Currently im having an issue with my timezone compatibility (grrr..)
europorsche914 Wrote:I would prefer cross-browser and cross-system support but not sure what is required to do it other than properly defining the metadata type so the browser an os can handle streaming the content with the default player. Currently the stream's metadata defined as an octet stream (from memory dont have FF on this machine..) If its too hard an embedded vlc window would suffice provided we use the detection method you mentioned. Currently im having an issue with my timezone compatibility (grrr..)

Let me know which content type you need. I can change it in the code!
europorsche914 Wrote:in IE it will open in windows media player in firefox it will try to download unless you right click hit copy link then in windows media player hit ctrl+u and then paste and hit ok.. havent tracked that down yet figure its something to do with metadata tag...

Both IE & Chrome show "Downloading" when I click on a channel, and they start downloadin a file with the stream. Maybe becasue I'm on W7 x64...?
uspino Wrote:Both IE & Chrome show "Downloading" when I click on a channel, and they start downloadin a file with the stream. Maybe becasue I'm on W7 x64...?

It starts a download because the stream is set as a octet stream.

I need to set the correct content types...

EDIT:
@europorsche914
I'll give you a version with the correct content-types
mcheng89 Wrote:It starts a download because the stream is set as a octet stream.

EDIT:
@europorsche914

OK you guys are too good, I'm going to step aside and just admire geniuses at work.
EDIT: I feel totally worthless. Let me at least run your PR campaign when you're done.
uspino Wrote:Both IE & Chrome show "Downloading" when I click on a channel, and they start downloadin a file with the stream. Maybe becasue I'm on W7 x64...?

thats weird im on w7 x64 with IE9 and it works great on both my HTPC and my laptop

mcheng89 Wrote:It starts a download because the stream is set as a octet stream.

EDIT:
@europorsche914

thats what im seeing as a solution too the content-type! im gonna post the updated soon but first can u tell me the 2 colors you used for your background fade on the iOS webgui (i skimmed the html and didnt see it)? Ill set the other webgui to match
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)10