• 91(current)
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)
Hi everyone! I figured out the problem I was having. I had the x64 version of VLC installed. 32bit is fine!

Now, I'm trying to figure out how to access the web interface from outside? I have my HTPC set as a DMZ with all firewalls disabled.

I tried my external IP with port :8888 but that doesn't pull anything up. What port should I be opening?
(2014-11-17, 23:43)gspitman Wrote: Hi everyone! I figured out the problem I was having. I had the x64 version of VLC installed. 32bit is fine!

Now, I'm trying to figure out how to access the web interface from outside? I have my HTPC set as a DMZ with all firewalls disabled.

I tried my external IP with port :8888 but that doesn't pull anything up. What port should I be opening?

You'll need to try:

http://COMPUTERIP:8888/m/index.html

or

http://COMPUTERIP:8888/m/iphone.html

If those don't work, share a folder on your computer and see if you can get to it on wifi and through a VPN if possible or whatever other trick to make sure your computer is accessible from the outside.
(2014-11-18, 16:09)timmyjl12 Wrote:
(2014-11-17, 23:43)gspitman Wrote: Hi everyone! I figured out the problem I was having. I had the x64 version of VLC installed. 32bit is fine!

You'll need to try:

http://COMPUTERIP:8888/m/index.html

or

http://COMPUTERIP:8888/m/iphone.html

If those don't work, share a folder on your computer and see if you can get to it on wifi and through a VPN if possible or whatever other trick to make sure your computer is accessible from the outside.

Worked Great! Now what folder does mc2xml need to be in for the guide to load properly?
Just put mx2xml into the resources folder and run it once to set it up. After that you won't need to run it anymore the tv.exe program will.
Ok so I'd be really interested in how to integrate this into a plex channel plugin. So far out of everything i've used this seems to be the best approach for livetv. Has the ability to integrate with multiple hdhomerun primes and has good h264 encoding. Also has the built in authentication for remote connections that many hdhomerun implementations lack. This would allow deployment on remote plex clients without needing access to main plex server account to share channel information.

So far the only idea I have is to take the hdhrviewer channel and modify the script so it uses the web streams provided by this apps backend.instead of trying to directly access the hdhomerun
@blackoper: The software listed on the first page streams the channels directly. I don't use Plex, but If you are using Plex see if there is an IPTV plugin. These allow you to use an m3u playlist file for channels. Just add the channels you want and off you go: Here is an example of the m3u file to get you started.

Add this as the first line:

#ENTM3U

Add the following for each channel (sample channel 850 - ESPNHD)

#ENTINF:-1 tvg-id="i850.28460163.microsoft.com" tvg-name="ESPNHD" tvg-logo="/hd/espnhd.png" group-title="Cable",850 ESPN
http://yoururl:8888/play?channel=850&tun...irect=true

The redirect=true is is so that is will redirect the link to the stream.

If you want to do a simpler method, I have created a spreadsheet on Google docs.
( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing )
Notice: It will take a few seconds or minutes to process all the data the first time. I would highly recommend copying it to your Google drive if you have a Google account.

Just use mc2xml to get your xmltv.xml file. Then copy and paste only the tv channel portions that read <channel>...</channel>. You'll see what I mean if you look at the Google doc.

Paste that into the XMLTV section on the spreadsheet and just adjust the setting portion of the sheet and it will auto generate what is needed for the m3u.

Click on the A column header and then copy and paste that into notepad. Save as whatever.m3u. Voila!

Use that m3u in the IPTV program. I used this method for SimpleIPTV on XBMC/KODI and it works fine for me.
(2014-12-16, 17:56)blackoper Wrote: Ok so I'd be really interested in how to integrate this into a plex channel plugin. So far out of everything i've used this seems to be the best approach for livetv. Has the ability to integrate with multiple hdhomerun primes and has good h264 encoding. Also has the built in authentication for remote connections that many hdhomerun implementations lack. This would allow deployment on remote plex clients without needing access to main plex server account to share channel information.

So far the only idea I have is to take the hdhrviewer channel and modify the script so it uses the web streams provided by this apps backend.instead of trying to directly access the hdhomerun

As the original developer appears to have disappeared. I believe there is a plugin for plex in the downloadable zip file. I wasn't able to get it to work but I saw some posts there after where they were able to get it to work. Perhaps I was doing something wrong. Or you could modify that to work.
The plex plugin did not work for me either. I tried editing the main code to point it at my server ip and it just never loads up. This was a great program too bad the original dev gave up on it
I will replace the kernel and pass along to you but it does not today, hugs.

Someone had the best experiences with the latest cm10.1 jenkins kernel psyke83 rom 0.3?
Any chance someone can update this for Kodi? My video starts and stops in 1 to 10 secs. Could it be just the script.tvserver plugin?
(2015-01-29, 19:28)bartenderck Wrote: Any chance someone can update this for Kodi? My video starts and stops in 1 to 10 secs. Could it be just the script.tvserver plugin?

I think script.tvserver needs to be updated for Kodi. Anyone able to help?
Anyone still interested in this? I'm willing to port the server code to GoLang instead of C++. That way, it will be easier for others to work on it too.

I think the last I left off on was adding DLNA support. I probably need to fix any issues you guys came up on while I was gone.
(2015-02-16, 17:14)mcheng89 Wrote: Anyone still interested in this? I'm willing to port the server code to GoLang instead of C++. That way, it will be easier for others to work on it too.

I think the last I left off on was adding DLNA support. I probably need to fix any issues you guys came up on while I was gone.

I think there was a huge following, I know I'm still an avid user, but some people may have dropped out because it hasn't been developed and updated in awhile. I'm also using ServerWMC to access Recorded TV but I think TV Server is still way better for Live TV. Channel changing is quicker and I love the ability to run a Direct Stream or to change the bit rate within XBMC. Also the way TV Server works allows me to stream my TV to an outside WAN to my iPhone and iPad. Simply amazing. My coding sucks, I took Java in college but I'm will to test any new updates.
(2015-02-19, 21:47)bartenderck Wrote: I think there was a huge following, I know I'm still an avid user, but some people may have dropped out because it hasn't been developed and updated in awhile. I'm also using ServerWMC to access Recorded TV but I think TV Server is still way better for Live TV. Channel changing is quicker and I love the ability to run a Direct Stream or to change the bit rate within XBMC. Also the way TV Server works allows me to stream my TV to an outside WAN to my iPhone and iPad. Simply amazing. My coding sucks, I took Java in college but I'm will to test any new updates.

Yea it looks like interest in this died down a lot. Though thats probably due to lack of updates. Did you have any requests for the app?

I might start my golang rewrite this weekend.

The mobile ui needs a update. It doesnt really fit in with the ios 8 style.
I'm one more of those long-time users. I still use it almost daily for WAN streaming (overseas). The inside code seems to be pretty solid. Mobile interface needs some cleaning. I'll help with any testing if you get your hands on it again.
Good to see you back.
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)10