• 92(current)
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)
(2015-02-21, 06:40)mcheng89 Wrote:
(2015-02-19, 21:47)bartenderck Wrote: I think there was a huge following, I know I'm still an avid user, but some people may have dropped out because it hasn't been developed and updated in awhile. I'm also using ServerWMC to access Recorded TV but I think TV Server is still way better for Live TV. Channel changing is quicker and I love the ability to run a Direct Stream or to change the bit rate within XBMC. Also the way TV Server works allows me to stream my TV to an outside WAN to my iPhone and iPad. Simply amazing. My coding sucks, I took Java in college but I'm will to test any new updates.

Yea it looks like interest in this died down a lot. Though thats probably due to lack of updates. Did you have any requests for the app?

I might start my golang rewrite this weekend.

The mobile ui needs a update. It doesnt really fit in with the ios 8 style.

Would there be any way to make the EPG Guide in XBMC/Kodi pull in channel logos and the multicolored guide from Windows Media Center? I use My Channel Logos for the icons. http://www.mychannellogos.com/

Also is there any way to pull up the guide in XBMC/Kodi on a tablet or mobile phone without hitting enter? Maybe a 2 or 3 finger press?

Any chance to bring in Recorded TV for streaming?

Thanks!
Welcome Back mcheng! I still run your software daily to stream to our mobile devices and share m38u links with friends for big events. I tried ServerWMC but it's way too slow across the WAN. I would be happy to help test any further revisions!
@mcheng89 any plans to put the current C++ code on Github?
Hey mcheng! Welcome back.
Long time user, but I've always had one issue that I was hoping you could help me out with. I've tried every version of tvserver I could find on this thread but none has solved my problem.

Issue: After a period of time tvserver thinks all tuners are being used when they actually aren't. (infinitv 4)

The only way I've found to resolve this is to post the restart url in a browser. That, though, is locked down to localhost, so when I'm trying to use it on the WAN i have to vnc into my ceton box and restart tvserver locally. Then I'm able to stream again no problem.

Any ideas how to get around this? I suppose I could run a scheduled task to reset it every night, but I'm not sure how long that would even keep the tuners from being locked up.

Thanks!
I still use the program quite often as well. Potential enhancements:

-Direct streaming over LAN to iOS devices.
-Ability to see guide data (instead of just channel list) in iOS.
-Support for VLC2.2.0 (maybe the latest version has support but I couldn't get it to work and had to reinstall v2.04)
I'm a long time user. Just recently upgraded from remoteceton to tvserver. It seems like droid.html is broke in this version as the loading screen never seems to go away. Could you fix this?

Also, I enjoyed the ability to pick the tuner number I wanted to use in the Web interface.

Thanks for making this all possible!
Hello All, I had to rebuild my PC and am trying to get this setup again but am having problems. I am getting a VLC error "VLC media player could not start. Either the command line options were invalid or no plugins were found."
I am using vlc 2.1.0 (64 bit) and tvserver v0.6.4. I verified the location is set correct for VLC, which is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe

The tvserver app says "Failed to start VLC process"

I also tried 32-bit VLC 2.1.0 and am getting similar responses. The tvserver app says the same but I am not getting the vlc popup saying "VLC media player could not start".

***UPDATE***
...and now it is working. Not exactly sure what I did to fix it but it is now working.
(2015-02-19, 21:47)bartenderck Wrote: I think there was a huge following, I know I'm still an avid user, but some people may have dropped out because it hasn't been developed and updated in awhile. I'm also using ServerWMC to access Recorded TV but I think TV Server is still way better for Live TV. Channel changing is quicker and I love the ability to run a Direct Stream or to change the bit rate within XBMC. Also the way TV Server works allows me to stream my TV to an outside WAN to my iPhone and iPad. Simply amazing. My coding sucks, I took Java in college but I'm will to test any new updates.

Yea it looks like interest in this died down a lot. Though thats probably due to lack of updates. Did you have any requests for the app?

It would be crazy if you could combine the now official HDHomerun Kodi app UI with this WAN streaming addon
(2015-03-28, 03:49)hotshot2k3 Wrote:

It would be crazy if you could combine the now official HDHomerun Kodi app UI with this WAN streaming addon

Yeah, that would be Utopian.
Hi everyone. I'm getting the VLC media player could not start message. I've disabled all of my firewalls. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks!
(2015-04-17, 16:50)JST829 Wrote: Hi everyone. I'm getting the VLC media player could not start message. I've disabled all of my firewalls. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks!

I had this issue. I had to play with the different versions of VLC. I ended up using 2.1.0 (32bit). Try that, also make sure you have the correct path to VLC in the settings.
can anybody get this tvserver running on Kodi with the IPTV addon?

I would love this solution because I need to transcode live tv into h264 stream for better compatibility with the fire tv stick....

I believe I set everything up correctly because I'm able to stream to mobile browser....but on Kodi's simple iptv pvr addon, the stream starts then stops immediately
(2015-02-16, 17:14)mcheng89 Wrote: Anyone still interested in this? I'm willing to port the server code to GoLang instead of C++. That way, it will be easier for others to work on it too.

I think the last I left off on was adding DLNA support. I probably need to fix any issues you guys came up on while I was gone.

I was awaiting your DLNA support, and still use this daily. Interest died down on here because of lack of updates. Trust me, we all still love this software.
VLC 2.1.5 (32bit) seems to be the last working version for tvserver. Hopefully mcheng89 can find the time to modify the server and make it work with the new 2.2.x VLC versions. It looks like it might just be some command-line variation for video streaming in the new updates. Let me say it again: this is an amazingly reliable piece of software. Too bad it hasn't been updated lately.
Has anyone been able use this without having to restart the tvserver? Looks like all the tuners somehow get locked up until I do the browser restart. Been using this for years but have to vnc into my htpc and do the restart each time I want to use it.

Any ideas?
  • 92(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)10