• 93(current)
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)
I am using this with hdhr prime without any issue. Solid as a rock, would love to see continuing development on this.
Guide data no longer works for me, anybody else?
Wow, I was searching for something and I saw that mcheng89 was back! Is he still here?
I've been living in Japan since the end of March this year and have not had any issues with the tv:Confusederver app at all. It's been streaming to my HTPC great!

What I would like to see is a plugin for tv:Confusederver for kodi that would allow for timeshifting and recording changing, integrating it with MCE. I know that simpleIPTV can get the XML file for the EPG and stream the channels fine, but that plugin lacks the support for recording and time shifting.

Also, what about integrating ffmpeg and the streaming into the program so that VLC wouldn't be needed?
I've come back to using this after trying other options. It still works the best and is the simplest to set up and operate. Thanks again mcheng89, I hope you're still considering continuing development of this as its been a couple months of silence at this point.

Just gonna throw out a few hopefully helpful bits of info for anyone else that is setting this up at the present time (mid 2015) as there are some issues you might come across.

First, in late July 2015 Microsoft made changes to the programming guide which breaks mc2xml. From http://mc2xml.awardspace.info/

Quote:Microsoft has switched their EPG provider for their North American listings from Zap2It to Rovi and have not updated their legacy service (listings run out on 2015/07/26). It is not known if this is temporary or not. The service continues to update listings for other countries.

So the "legacy microsoft" listings in mc2xml don't have current guide data. You have a few options. Donation version of mc2xml, schedules direct, titantv, zap2xml, maybe others? For both mc2xml donation version and schedules direct you will have to pay a bit. The titantv option I'm not sure about. What I used as a free option was zap2xml which can be found at http://zap2xml.awardspace.info/. Setup instructions can be found on their page but you basically sign up for a free account on zap2it.com then set your preferences there. Then using the zap2xml tool you specify your user/pass on zap2it.com and it will basically do the same thing as mc2xml. Then just edit tvserver's EPGUpdater.bat from mc2xml.exe to "zap2xml.exe -u user -p pass" and your guide will start working again.

One other issue I noticed while setting everything up is that the current version of kodi on windows seems to have some issue when using the script.tvserver addon. It immediately stops the video after tuning into a channel. I'm not sure why but to fix it I just went back to an older version when it was still called xbmc. Specifically I used xbmc version 12.0 which can be found here http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/win32/old/. Some other versions might work but that one worked for me.
Is there anyway to edit the buffer size for streams?
I used this heavily and loved it last football season. I'd love to have it this season but I can't get it to work... Kodi has moved on, as well as various other factors. Presently, for me, it shows the TV picture and sound for about half a second and then crashes. I've looked at the logs and resolved some problems with VDPAU, tested every variable I can get my hands on, disabled the firewall, disabled the security, disabled various video capabilities... run out of ideas. From the logs it appears like it's trying to get some data but not getting any and shutting down, or getting a shutdown signal from somewhere, not sure which is the cause (I don't have the logs on hand but could post them if that would help).

Any chance we can get this project active again, or get the source somewhere we can work on it? It's really a cool tool, and seems very solid at its core, but anything like this is going to need some little tweaks as time goes on and the underlying systems change.

Or, anyone have any hints for me, or got a similar system working? The client is Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with Kodi 15.1, server is Windows 7 with VLC 2.1.5 (though I can't tell if it's 32-bit or 64-bit).
(2015-08-25, 09:00)jdpman Wrote: I've come back to using this after trying other options. It still works the best and is the simplest to set up and operate. Thanks again mcheng89, I hope you're still considering continuing development of this as its been a couple months of silence at this point.

Just gonna throw out a few hopefully helpful bits of info for anyone else that is setting this up at the present time (mid 2015) as there are some issues you might come across.

First, in late July 2015 Microsoft made changes to the programming guide which breaks mc2xml. From http://mc2xml.awardspace.info/

Quote:Microsoft has switched their EPG provider for their North American listings from Zap2It to Rovi and have not updated their legacy service (listings run out on 2015/07/26). It is not known if this is temporary or not. The service continues to update listings for other countries.

So the "legacy microsoft" listings in mc2xml don't have current guide data. You have a few options. Donation version of mc2xml, schedules direct, titantv, zap2xml, maybe others? For both mc2xml donation version and schedules direct you will have to pay a bit. The titantv option I'm not sure about. What I used as a free option was zap2xml which can be found at http://zap2xml.awardspace.info/. Setup instructions can be found on their page but you basically sign up for a free account on zap2it.com then set your preferences there. Then using the zap2xml tool you specify your user/pass on zap2it.com and it will basically do the same thing as mc2xml. Then just edit tvserver's EPGUpdater.bat from mc2xml.exe to "zap2xml.exe -u user -p pass" and your guide will start working again.

One other issue I noticed while setting everything up is that the current version of kodi on windows seems to have some issue when using the script.tvserver addon. It immediately stops the video after tuning into a channel. I'm not sure why but to fix it I just went back to an older version when it was still called xbmc. Specifically I used xbmc version 12.0 which can be found here http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/win32/old/. Some other versions might work but that one worked for me.

Set this up and it works great! on pc end. Thanks.. For some reason I'm not seeing the EPG or channel listings on my mobile device through the iphone.html. I can still log in from my device, just no channel listings. It used to work until it broke in August. I resorted to using Remote Potato Live TV as an alternate for now but like the way this program handles the stream much better. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
(2015-10-08, 11:46)Jtl6060 Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 09:00)jdpman Wrote: I've come back to using this after trying other options. It still works the best and is the simplest to set up and operate. Thanks again mcheng89, I hope you're still considering continuing development of this as its been a couple months of silence at this point.

Set this up and it works great! on pc end. Thanks.. For some reason I'm not seeing the EPG or channel listings on my mobile device through the iphone.html. I can still log in from my device, just no channel listings. It used to work until it broke in August. I resorted to using Remote Potato Live TV as an alternate for now but like the way this program handles the stream much better. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I'm in the same boat. This fix got my EPG data back into the web client, but no channel data is shown via the iphone.html interface. I use this to stream TV to my Android head unit in my car, and haven't been able to do so since August Sad

I'm hardly a developer, but it looks like the iphone.html makes API calls to tvserver to retrieve guide data. There may be a mismatch of some sort now that we're using a new provider.
Is there anyway we can get source code for this project? Seems that it has been a while since any development has been done. Perhaps we can keep this project going? I came across a few things that would be nice, such as the ability to change the buffersize, as well as what others have seen with epg issues on the iphone.html
This app has served me well for over 2 years, but I have moved on to a new, fully supported app.

Those interested may want to look into HDHRFling.
(2015-11-09, 20:14)illmatik Wrote: This app has served me well for over 2 years, but I have moved on to a new, fully supported app.

Those interested may want to look into HDHRFling.

This software doesn't support Ceton devices.
(2015-11-08, 09:22)stryk9 Wrote: Is there anyway we can get source code for this project? Seems that it has been a while since any development has been done. Perhaps we can keep this project going? I came across a few things that would be nice, such as the ability to change the buffersize, as well as what others have seen with epg issues on the iphone.html

I've asked this question numerous times now as well. It's very frustrating to not even get a response regarding it. I appreciate the amount of work that goes in to something like this, but if it's going to be abandoned, why not release it to the wild? At least, point us or anyone in a direction to get started.
Given this project is pretty much dead I looked elsewhere. I am currently using this with Plex and works well.

https://github.com/zynine-/HDHRViewerV2.bundle/
You can always try PseudoTV Live which features built in support for HDHR with guidedata, DVR features coming soon.

Sent from my SM-G935T
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Current Setup

Kodi 16.1 on Windows     or     SPMC on Android
PVR IPTV Simple Client Addon
tvserver v0.6.5
Dropbox account
Zap2it account
zap2xml

Instructions
  1. Setup zap2xml .bat file like this to output the file for Dropbox syncing in the public folder: zap2xml -u username -p password -e -D -o "PATH\Dropbox\Public\xmltv.xml"
  2. Setup .m3u as shown below by using the contents of the xml file, add as many channels as you like. My example outputs the untouched mpeg2 video and ac3 audio.
  3. Place .m3u in public Dropbox folder
  4. Setup scheduled task to run .bat file every few days in Windows “Task Scheduler”
  5. Make sure tvserver is running and that your port is forwarded on your router
  6. Configure PVR IPTV Simple Client Addon by making sure Remote path is selected in the General and EPG Setting tabs. Add the shared Dropbox URL for the .m3u and .xml into each tab
  7. Make sure to change the end of each Dropbox URL to dl=1 instead of dl=0
  8. Restart Kodi and enjoy
Template

XML Contents

<channel id="I16689331.labs.zap2it.com">
        <display-name>502 WCBSDT</display-name>
        <display-name>502</display-name>
        <display-name>WCBSDT</display-name>
        <icon src="https://zap2it.tmsimg.com/h3/NowShowing/16689/s28711_h3_aa.png" />
    </channel>

.M3U Contents

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="I16689331.labs.zap2it.com" tvg-name="502 WCBSDT",CBS
IP:8888/play?channel=502&format=ts&redirect=true
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="I20459333.labs.zap2it.com" tvg-name="504 WNBCDT",NBC
IP:8888/play?channel=504&format=ts&redirect=true
  • 93(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)10