Channel Switching
I think I might have been wrong about the OSD, it appears you can configure it to move to the next channel before it actually switches the picture. Using the channel switch delay option. However it will still change the channel after this period even without further input.

Also I'm still not sure this is really what is required, since the navigation of the OSD and the changing of the channel should arguably two separate controls.

I.e. channel up/down should perform immediate channel change, but with info/OSD on the screen, up/down or left/right cursor should navigate (even better if you could navigate the entire EPG, so you could not only scroll through channels but also time, as I can on my existing PVR).
PVR is not finished yet and currently all the work is spent on technical stuff. We are aware that there are UX issues. I'm myself a long time DBOX2 (Neutrino) user and know the feature you described - it's also from my side much appreciated, along with others. Feel free to collect your ideas for now, but don't expect a immediate implementation please.
Thanks for the reply da-anda. I'm well aware of the state of the development and I'm certainly not expecting anything anytime soon, hell I don't "expect" anything ever, I'm not paying :p

I, and I'd guess others, are merely trying to put together a collection of items (for discussion) that we think will hold back more widespread adoption of the PVR system. Or things that may just make it easier to use, even better than it is, etc Smile

Personally, were this for me and me alone I'd go out and buy the kit tomorrow and throw my sky box and its bloody subscription in the bin! Even now I can do pretty much everything I need to, watch live tv, view an EPG (which is far superior to what I've currently got) and record shows. Series linking is one thing I'd really miss, but I know I can work around this within TVheadend.

However for many of us, that are fortunate enough to have wifes/gfs, there are usually a set of criteria that any new gadget must meet before it can be accepted without much complaining (usually this means it must behave as much like the existing solution as possible or better). Unfortunately for us, myself included, I cannot fully embrace XBMC PVR until such a time. Though I continue to play with some borrowed kit to investigate its shortcomings and provide feedback and if possible help.

I've already noted elsewhere I am actually interested in helping out with some of the features I think would be very useful (series linking mainly). However I've been struggling to get any feedback from the devs (presumably very busy with Eden release) to get views on what is likely required within XBMC (APIs etc...).

Regards
Adam
@da-anda:

Thank you for the feedback... and i'm glad that some of the devs know the "Neutrino" experience and that it will most likely be implemented in the pvr branch at some point in time.

@adamsutton:

You nailed it on the head ! :-) nothing more to say about what you wrote!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel Switching0