• 1(current)
ffmpeg patch
Hi all,
I found vivid patch for ffmpeg 0.8.7 and 0.9
http://code.google.com/p/sd-xbmc/issues/detail?id=28#c8
This patch allows me play .viv files from iplex.pl website with tons of free and legal video.

Someone from poland compile it for windows system, all dlls file are available to download here.
http://code.google.com/p/sd-xbmc/issues/detail?id=28#c9
you need only replace them in:
C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\players\dvdplayer

But I would like to apply it to my atv2.
Can someone compile it for me please ? as I don't have a mac, and completely don't have any ideas how to do this Sad
I know only location for files:
/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/system/players/dvdplayer

avfilter-1-arm-osx.so
avcodec-52-arm-osx.so
avcore-0-arm-osx.so
etc...

Or maybe I can do it on PC?

Thanks in advance
ffmpeg 0.9 doesn't compile for ios atm ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
so it means no chance to play .viv files on atv2 ?
here is my debug log:
http://pastebin.com/UxMPFLCC

this will work only for windows ?

thanks for prompt answer and for any help
Memphiz Wrote:ffmpeg 0.9 doesn't compile for ios atm ...

Does it have to be compiled with sdk 5? So it won't be compatible if compiled with sdk 4.3?

I know it needs lot of modifications to work with xbmc, I'm just curious about the sdk.
newatv2user Wrote:Does it have to be compiled with sdk 5? So it won't be compatible if compiled with sdk 4.3?

I know it needs lot of modifications to work with xbmc, I'm just curious about the sdk.

It's not an iOS sdk issue.
davilla Wrote:It's not an iOS sdk issue.

Cool. Memphiz got me confused. I think it is possible to compile it for IOS. But without all the needed modifications, won't work with XBMC.

Compile ffmpeg for iOs (SDK 4.3)
newatv2user Wrote:Cool. Memphiz got me confused. I think it is possible to compile it for IOS. But without all the needed modifications, won't work with XBMC.

Compile ffmpeg for iOs (SDK 4.3)

that link is wrong, he should be using -system.
man just believe me ... it just doesn't compile for ios - even without our patches.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Memphiz Wrote:man just believe me ... it just doesn't compile for ios - even without our patches.

But why? ffmpeg got some updates recently (0.8.10 and 0.9.1), maybe they change something? or is apple's fault?
I'm considering the purchase of ATV2 for XBMC (it is small and neat) but maybe better will be a nettop?
It's just one simple patch vividas.c for FFmpeg 0.9.1

add (line 338) in file "libavformat\Makefile" under

# external libraries
OBJS-$(CONFIG_LIBNUT_DEMUXER) += libnut.o riff.o
OBJS-$(CONFIG_LIBNUT_MUXER) += libnut.o riff.o

Code:
+# vividas demuxer
+OBJS-$(CONFIG_VIVIDAS_DEMUXER)       += vividas.

and one entry in file "libavformat\allformats.c" under line 249

REGISTER_DEMUXER (YOP, yop);
REGISTER_MUXDEMUX (YUV4MPEGPIPE, yuv4mpegpipe);

Code:
+REGISTER_DEMUXER  (VIVIDAS, vividas);

here you can download already patched FFmpeg 0.9.1 + viv support.

Please tell me If I can help somehow or what's needs to be done to compile FFmpeg for atv2

I really want to have it on atv2, and I think all users from Poland will be very happy Smile

Many thanks for any help
https://bugzilla.libav.org/show_bug.cgi?id=175 ... here you go ... have fun ... and if i would know "WHY" it doesn't compile ... don't you think i would already have fixed this? No

We need a guru in arm neon assembler and linker technology ...
It's me again Sad

I just talked with the guy who compile DLLs for windows with vividas patch for ffmpeg and he confirm that this patch should work with current version ffmpeg which is already built in xbmc for atv2, new version 0.9.1 is not needed.

Can someone compile for us (poland users) ffmpeg with vividas patch (modification in my previous post) and provide for us

avfilter-1-arm-osx.so
avcodec-52-arm-osx.so
avcore-0-arm-osx.so
avcore-arm-osx.so
avformat-52-arm-osx.so
avutil-50-arm-osx.so
swscale-0-arm-osx.so

from location:
/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/system/players/dvdplayer

thanks in advance
castortray Wrote:It's me again Sad

I just talked with the guy who compile DLLs for windows with vividas patch for ffmpeg and he confirm that this patch should work with current version ffmpeg which is already built in xbmc for atv2, new version 0.9.1 is not needed.

Can someone compile for us (poland users) ffmpeg with vividas patch (modification in my previous post) and provide for us

avfilter-1-arm-osx.so
avcodec-52-arm-osx.so
avcore-0-arm-osx.so
avcore-arm-osx.so
avformat-52-arm-osx.so
avutil-50-arm-osx.so
swscale-0-arm-osx.so

from lo

thanks in advance

anyone can help ?
(2012-01-15, 16:44)Memphiz Wrote: https://bugzilla.libav.org/show_bug.cgi?id=175 ... here you go ... have fun ... and if i would know "WHY" it doesn't compile ... don't you think i would already have fixed this? No

We need a guru in arm neon assembler and linker technology ...

I'm not a guru in that field but I'm curios and would like to check this out. Memphiz, could you provide a 'commit' where this problem exist. Then I can give it a shot. There doesn't seem to be a lot of attention over at the libav.org.
this is deprecated. We aren't building ffmpeg as a dylib anymore but link statically to it as this seems to be the way libav wants us to do it on ios.

But now we have another problem where some of the ffmpeg/libav neon asm code just crashes the ios kernel when the appletv2 dyloads the XBMC frappliance (basically on atv2 XBMC is a dylib which gets loaded by the appletv process). This has to do with the ASLR "feature" which apple introduced in ios 5.0 (xbmc works on older ios versions).

If you are also interested in this (real big) problem - i bet davilla could tell you more about it...
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ffmpeg patch4