Import library - Apple TV 2
Question 
Hi,

I'm trying to import a library that I have on a network drive. When I go into System-> Settings -> Video -> then select Import Library, the only drive option I have is 'Home Folder'. I don't have an option for looking for network drives.

Any help please?

Sorry if this is a stupid question.
You need to transfer the library using sftp to /private/var/mobile on the atv2
g-off Wrote:You need to transfer the library using sftp to /private/var/mobile on the atv2

how do I use 'sftp' ?
use your prefered FTP program (i use filezilla as it was native in xbmc on xbox) connect to the ip address of your atv2. IP address can be found in system settings. username root password alpine
Solar Powered Server Xubuntu 13.04 Sickbeard+Sabnzbd+Couchpotato+Headphones+mysql running @ 20 watts
Home Clients ATV2, Ouya, Xubuntu and Windows 8 all 13.2
Moblie Clients SGS5 SG Note II and SG Tab S all 13.2
Dark Knight RT-AC66U merlins build

dizzyikea Wrote:use your prefered FTP program (i use filezilla as it was native in xbmc on xbox) connect to the ip address of your atv2. IP address can be found in system settings. username root password alpine

Thanks for that info. I've installed filezilla, but it wont connect. What settings do I use. I tried the username and password I have setup in xbmc as well as root/apline.

Any clues.
Be sure that you're specifying "sftp" protocol on the filezilla window where you put your ip and user/pass.
billybarty Wrote:Be sure that you're specifying "sftp" protocol on the filezilla window where you put your ip and user/pass.

Here's my settings

Host 192.168.2.6
Port 8080
Protocol SFTP
Logon type Normal
User XBMC
Password My password

Anything wrong here?
Port should be left blank, or port 22, not 8080, and username and password are, by default root/alpine unless you've changed the root password
All of which is mentioned in the FAQ. Just sayin'
Ned Scott Wrote:All of which is mentioned in the FAQ. Just sayin'

:p

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Import library - Apple TV 20