[Partial SOLVE] for xbmc jitter when panning
Hey guys,

Im not sure if i would call this issue 'Solved' but it sure has helped A LOT!
I hated the fact that whenever a movie pans accross or something moves slowly xbmc would jitter across instead of being a smooth motion.

All I did (with the idea from a mate) was change my windows refresh rate to 24hertz and it did the trick instantly, nice and smooth motion!

I also run windows media centre and made that run @ 50hertz (Australia).

I have found that having the PC @ 24hertz its a little jittery to use but im not using it as a regular PC so in my opinion its a fix.

Hope it helps anyone!

Dubs
Ah yes, 24fps and judder. What you have discovered isn't something new:
http://www.projectorcentral.com/judder_24p.htm

I wish that the upcoming standard (the one after HDTV) has *fixed* globaly allowed different framerates. Fixed interlaced (should be banned) versus progressive. Fixed the various resolutions that are allowed within the HD spec. Fixed ...... you name it.

Argh :mad:

One worldwide spec for *everything* TV. Nod
Perhaps the next time they will have it right.
Nice & I agree.

I cant even count the hours spent on trying to find a fix for this. Was considering buying another graphics card but i was stubborn because the i5 chip should be able to handle it.
Wow. needs more testing, but so far this seems to have solved all of my problems! i have a pretty nice HTPC, other than using the i5-2550 and onboard hdmi for video, and i got a little jitter when panning sometimes.

Thanks SO MUCH!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Partial SOLVE] for xbmc jitter when panning0