• 4(current)
can XBMC playback 3D Movies?
cleaner450 Wrote:Hey Nlutay..... Not sure what I may be doing wrong but I put the .xml file in the correct location and I even changed the file name to match the _3d.mkv and it does not launch TMT and I do not get any errors... it just does not play it through the external player? Any suggestions?
I'm not sure who is Nlutay, but I'll try to help you anyway.

1. Can you show me your userdata folder, and it should be similar to mine below:

2. Can you show me your Playercorefactory codes:

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Haha.. I am sorry... Typing on an iPad and not paying attention. ... I was trying to address you.. Bluray.. Thank you for the help. I will send that information over to you tomorrow and let me know what I am doing wrong. Still learning a ton about XBMC. I love it!
bluray Wrote:@FenceMan-
The codes look okay, but there seems to be some conflict in Windows. I generated a new Playercorefactory and Play3D codes for you. You can do as following:

1. Download- Playercorefactory and Play3D
2. Save both files in AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder
3. Change this path in Playercorefactory code to match the path of Play3D on your HTPC- (C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Play3D.bat)
4. Launch XBMC and you try the 3D MKV movie again

I tried it on my HTPC and it worked fine. I hope that it will work on your HTPC too!

First off thanks for the help.

This does work as does other as I discovered if I set xbmc to run in a full screen window, is that normally needed? Also is there any advantage to using external player if internal is handling my half sbs files fine?
FenceMan Wrote:First off thanks for the help.

This does work as does other as I discovered if I set xbmc to run in a full screen window, is that normally needed? Also is there any advantage to using external player if internal is handling my half sbs files fine?
I'm glad that it work out for you! Smile

I watched 3D movie on a standalone blu-ray player and watched the same 3D movie on HTPC using TMT5. The 3D looked identical on blu-ray player and TMT5 to me. You can compare 3D using XBMC vs. 3D using TMT5, and you can make your own judgement afterward!
Thanks I will try, spent so much time setting up haven't actually watched it....
bluray...ok I am not really sure what is going on but when I move the playercorefactory file over and then reopen it has tons of code.. take a look

and

I have no idea why... I copied the .xml file over and its in the userdata folder...
@Cleaner450-

That is not Playercorefactory I posted. You can remove it from HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder.

You can download the latest Playercorefactory and Play3D files from post #44, and follow the instructions in it.
Fixed that sorry... have no clue what I did on that
OK I am here now... but still not launching external player..?

@Cleaner450-

Is this path "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" for TMT5 in Play3D correct on your HTPC?

And, did you name your 3D MKV file this way- "title_3d.mkv"? This is the only way it will playback using Playercorefactory with this rule "<rule filename=".*_3d.mkv*" protocols="*_3d.mkv*" player="3D_Player"/>".
the 3d I am testing is Alice in Wonderland (2010)_3D.mkv to be exact.

@Cleaner450- Since the Wonderland (2010) is mkv file, you do not need to add .mkv in the name. You can simply name it "Wonderland (2010)_3D".

If Wonderland (2010) is 3D M2TS file, you still can use the same Playcorefacotory with _3d.mkv rule by name it "Wonderland (2010)_3D.mkv". Again, you only need to add .mkv in the name if it is M2TS file.
Aww OK... damn thats the issue. I will give it a try. You have been a huge help..

bluray... one other thing a bit off topic but figured you have been a huge help and really know what you are doing you might know the answer to this... I posted this in a different post but thought i would still check with you..

OK.. What I have done is when I power up the PC it auto logins and starts up xbmc. Since I am limited to the ipad xbmc commander I can only have xbmc running or I have to break out the mouse and keyboard that pushes the wife over the edge..
:-)

Here is my problem. I need motionjoy for PS3 controller to start so that when I go to games I can use it. But when everything starts XBMC loads and is up and then motionjoy pops up right over it. Then I have to get a mouse in order to shrink it or click on XBMC to make it the primary program being displayed. I hope this makes sense... Any suggestions on how to load a program without it popping the program up in a window?
@Cleaner450- I'm not familiar with iPad app, but you can map one key for exit XBMC!
Hunter2-1 Wrote:Yes it works for me. I just select 3d sbs on my tv 3d settings.

Can you tell me specifically how you got those to scan in? I have tried your naming convention with IMDB and TMDB and cannot seem to replicate? Did you custom add those covers or did they scrape in? I am using Aeon Nox.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can XBMC playback 3D Movies?1