• 5(current)
can XBMC playback 3D Movies?
Bluray... OK... SO I am stuck on this... I went into the file folder where my movies are and took the .mkv off the name of the file which I believe it does on its own. The reason being, when I remove it it makes the file type just a "file" and says that if I change this it will not be recognized.

I was thinking more about this and I never went in and named the files with a .mkv and when I view the files from my other PC the .mkv is not in the name of the file...
cleaner450 Wrote:Bluray... OK... SO I am stuck on this... I went into the file folder where my movies are and took the .mkv off the name of the file which I believe it does on its own. The reason being, when I remove it it makes the file type just a "file" and says that if I change this it will not be recognized.

I was thinking more about this and I never went in and named the files with a .mkv and when I view the files from my other PC the .mkv is not in the name of the file...
The .mkv don't have to be part of your file name. The .mkv is listed under file "type" column in the folder you posted. It's not going to harm your file by rename it without .mkv in it.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
@Cleaner450- If you want to know for sure that your file is .mkv, you can right click on the movie file and scroll down to "properties". You'll see "Type of file:".....
Yes I understand that... what I am saying is when I take that .mkv out of the file name it changes the file... says it may not be recognized and changes the file type from .mkv to file...? Here is what I mean... The highlighted shot was to show you that when I click to change file name it does not even highlight the .mkv part.. almost like its not apart of the file name..

@Cleaner450- I'm not quite sure how did you saved your files. My files don't have the .mkv in it as you can see it below:

Can you still playback the file without .mkv with the standalone TMT5 or MPHC-HC?

bluray Wrote:@Cleaner450- I'm not quite sure how did you saved your files. My files don't have the .mkv in it as you can see it

That would be because you would have "Hide extensions for known file types" on in tools folder options
ThY91 Wrote:That would be because you would have "Hide extensions for known file types" on in tools folder options
You're right...since it already show the file type under "type" column, I don't need it to show next to the file name. Without it there, we don't have to worry about rename it by accident.
@Cleaner450- Thy91 is correct on this...I thought that you manually typed it in when you name your files.

Are you saying that XBMC still not using TMT5 for external player to playback your title_3d.mkv files?

There must conflict within userdata in roaming folder. The last resort might be these-

1. save the Playercorefactory and Play3D somewhere safe
2. delete XBMC folder in roaming
3. launch XBMC to regenerate XBMC folder in roaming
4. move Playercorefactory and Play3D into roaming/userdata folder
5. try to playback the title_3D.mkv movie again....
OK.. so I figured out the file naming issue... Because I have no other programs on the HTPC that play video I clicked open as and then picked the defualt program, this being TMT and now the name of the file does NOT include the .mkv at the end... But with that said... still not playing the file through the external TMT...

OK update... got it to play through the external player...I cant just choose play I have to choose more then play using..... 3d player (TMT5)... next problem for me would be that since it launches in an external player I loose my xbmc (ipad) controller functionality... Damn its always something... eerrrggg Regardless Bluray... you have been awesome bro... thanks so much. I have other things I need to figure out so again thank you and any additional tips and or pointers on issues I am trying to over come is extremely helpful!
Is there a way you can put movies in folders, say kids movies and have it show up in a folder in XBMC VS having all the movies in the same section..?
cleaner450 Wrote:OK update... got it to play through the external player...I cant just choose play I have to choose more then play using..... 3d player (TMT5)... next problem for me would be that since it launches in an external player I loose my xbmc (ipad) controller functionality... Damn its always something... eerrrggg Regardless Bluray... you have been awesome bro... thanks so much. I have other things I need to figure out so again thank you and any additional tips and or pointers on issues I am trying to over come is extremely helpful!
I'm glad that External Player is finally working on your HTPC. I thought that you might give up on me...! Smile

As far as iPad controller, I cannot help you on that because I never own Apple. I don't like to offer help with stuff I cannot test it myself. My MCE remote works fine with TMT5 and XBMC. I can stop/exit TMT5 during playback and return to XBMC at anytime!
cleaner450 Wrote:Is there a way you can put movies in folders, say kids movies and have it show up in a folder in XBMC VS having all the movies in the same section..?
Yes, you can link it to different video folders!
FenceMan Wrote:Can you tell me specifically how you got those to scan in? I have tried your naming convention with IMDB and TMDB and cannot seem to replicate? Did you custom add those covers or did they scrape in? I am using Aeon Nox.

That might be because I'm using Aeon MQ3. In Aeon MQ3 the 3d cases will show up once you enable media cases in the skin setting and have 3DBD in the filename.
bluray can you help me with a similar problem?
TMT5 works fine as a standalone player but it just won't launch from inside Xbmc, I previously had it setup with steroscopic player which was fine but I have downloaded the files from your post #44, checked all paths are correct and still nothing.
The only thing I have changed is for it to recognise .*3dbd.mkv because that is how all my 3d files are labelled but I did try renaming one film the same way as you showed, _3d.mkv and still Xbmc just says the external player has launched but nothing happens.

Any ideas what could be causing this?
Anyone got any idea how to fix this please?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can XBMC playback 3D Movies?1