Saving files to network drive
Is there anyway I can save files downloaded from certain add ons to a network drive on my win 7 pc? I've tried doing this but it only seems to work if I save the file to my atv2.
I've been told that it's possibly to do with xbmc or the atv2 and not the add on.
I asked on another forum but they were very "cold" about it and suggested I ask here.

Thanks for the help
afaik - xbmc can do it - addon needs to support it...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
This particular add ons forum is saying the opposite and that I need to ask here because xbmc needs to support it.
Path subs should work for this? I have access to my ATV2 today, so I will give it a shot and report back.
Since you cannot directly select a network path from add-ons (at least in windows) you have to do a workaround and first create a source using the file-manager. The you can select that source in the add-ons settings.

A ticket was created to allow add-ons also select video/music sources.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I can go into the add ons configure tab and select a network path but the file just won't download to that location. If I choose the Atv home folder the file starts downloading and playing.
Appreciate you checking it out Ned.
Ned Scott, were you able to get it working? I would also like to get this setup, and any addons that I use don't download to an SMB share. I hope there is some way...
If there is no way to save this to a network location where abouts on the atv2 should I setup as my save folder? Will it matter, or effect the atv2 at all or can I just save it to the home folder an delete them before I use up my 8 gb flash memory?
Does not work in my test. Seems add-ons do not respect pathsubs by default.
Is it a restriction in XBMC or ATV? Is there any workarounds, or anywhere this could be posted as an issue? That way it will be worked on.
If there is something different we need to do to allow this for ATV then we will fix of course, but the problem seems to be isolated to just ATV.. working fine on all other platforms

I'm trying to find where I read 'officially' that this was an issue on the iOS platform.. which I could have sworn I read at one point, but can't find it now Smile
OK So I tried to do the same thing on my windows 7 pc (to see if I am able to save to a network share). It still won't download if I point it to a network share. Here is my XBMC log, if anyone can go through and see if it is something in XBMC EDEN That is preventing this.

http://pastebin.com/ukBsjfaX
bartekd Wrote:OK So I tried to do the same thing on my windows 7 pc (to see if I am able to save to a network share). It still won't download if I point it to a network share. Here is my XBMC log, if anyone can go through and see if it is something in XBMC EDEN That is preventing this.

http://pastebin.com/ukBsjfaX

Post the full log, you cut it off right at the line where it would have told us something
This can't really be a problem of ATV2 only. If it doesn't work on ATV2 it won't work on any other plattform...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Eldorado Wrote:Post the full log, you cut it off right at the line where it would have told us something

Here you go, I re-did it.

http://pastebin.com/TBTpXYgj

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Saving files to network drive0