Sleep Timer Function (non-idle)
like shutdown idle timeout? which is already in settings. i could see the addition of a one time use button so that after it turns off the setting gets cleared. also i think there is a python script that could hold you over until something get implemented.
i was more thinking about something like a shutdown button that will shut the xbox after a specified time (30 min, 1h, etc). it can be useful if u wanna listen to music at bed time for instance Wink
there's already a python script for that. if you don't have in your scripts folder, than go here: http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....hutdown

-munde
nice, exactly what i was thinking. i underestimated the power of scripts Blush
not even sure if this is possible. i would think it wouldnt been too hard to create. i always watch a movie or fall asleep to music in xbmc but i would prefer to not leave my xb on overnight. i think that a sleep timer would be an awesome addition. that was after an hour, it shuts the xb down automatically.
its in there... theres an idle shutdown timer. and theres the option to shutdown in a fixed time period regardless if its playing or not.

there's also a python shutdown timer script.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i've tried the idle shutdown timer, and it doesn't seem to work right, it would be great if it was like a tv's sleep timer that you only turn on when you are ready fot it, and could adjust the time period.
hi

i already found a function near to what i wanted,
but the timer only turns the xbox off after an idle time...

would be n1ce if you could write a timer where the user can set the time himeself , dont matter if the xbox is idle or not.

thx.

keep up the great work!
there is a python script which acts as a shutdown timer.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
i there not a shutdown while playing media option in the system settings? would that not just shutdown the xbox idle or not?
yes there is a shutdown while playing option but i dont believe its a hard shutdown timer. a hard shutdown timer will shutdown the box regardless of what the user is doing, even navigating the gui.

i believe xbmc doesnt start the idle timeout until playback ends. with this option enabled, playback counts as idle time. so, if you hit pause, you now reset the idle timeout.
every keypress resets the idle timer, if you just leave it alone while playing, it will shutdown after the amount of time.

greets

bobbin007

it would be cool to have a sleep timer that will shut off the box after a prescibed time. my tv shuts itself off, but my box runs all night beacuse i go to sleep to a playlist running. it is just a suggestion.

thanks fir the great program! :bowdown:
isn't it a good idea to put a sleep timer in the next release of the xbmc

i'm listening to radio/mp3 beofre sleep and d'like the xbox to be shut within a certain time ... so do my tv

regards
hate bringing up an old subject like this as it appears there was mass confusion over it and how it does/should work.  i personally do not use this feature due to how it works currently, but sometimes would find this very useful.  i believe something like this is most useful on demand rather than a permanent setting.  i would like to see a few things that i think would make this feature perfect and get a lot more people using it as well.

-add it to the shutdown menu so it can be quickly/easily accessed and configured from anywhere in xbmc.
-default to "off" after each reset so it has to be set by the user when they want to use it.
-change "shutdown while playing" to "shutdown after playing" (i'm thinking this could be done as a conditional button in the skin to see if a video is even playing so if it's not playing anything the user won't have the option.)

seperate feature request that ties in with this is an alarm clock.  i hate waking up to my alarm clock and that annoying "brap! brap! brap! brap!" sound so this would be awesome to have quick access to as well.  i see something like this allowing you to set your alarm time and choose what media to play at that time to wake you up.  it would be really cool to be able to choose anything from a movie to a shoutcast stream.

anyways, that's my feature request and my reasons for bringing this thread back from the dead.

regards,
los93sol

edit: i wasn't very clear on this...but i think these should both be available from the shutdown menu via a button "shutdown timer/alarm" as these two features would compliment eachother very nicely and in my opinion should be quick and easy to access at all times to be used effectively.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sleep Timer Function (non-idle)0