Creating MENUS or Submenus
Apple TV2 - EDEN v11.0 - CONFLUENCE SKIN

In the Main XBMC menu Display how can I create New Menus or Sub-menus?

OPTION 1:
1. Sub-menus: Under VIDEO main menu, I have "files" and "addons" sub-menus only. Is there a way to add additional sub-menus? I would like to add "Movies" and "TV Channels" (under the movies, I would put icefilm widet, etc.., under TV Channels, I would put channel widgets I use, food network fox news, etc....).

OPTION 2:
2. MENU: Is it a similar procedure to add additional 'Menus", currently I have weather, pictures, video, music, etc...... Would like to add a main menu "TV Channels" with the following sub menus: "news", "kids", "entertainment", etc..... so I can put all corresponding tv channels widgets in each corresponding sub-menu..

The above is two ideas I have to organize what widgets I use, would like to see my widgets I use on the main menu.

Do I need to edit an .xml file or is there another way? If anyone can help me with step by step instructions......I would be GREATLY appreciative.....thanksHuh
viper2060 Wrote:Do I need to edit an .xml file or is there another way? If anyone can help me with step by step instructions......I would be GREATLY appreciative.....thanksHuh
See here for HowTo create Menus and Submenus:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=986962&postcount=6

and here:

https://github.com/mad-max/skin.moddedco...07f7a01aef

cheers,
mad-max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
MAD-MAX:

Where do I edit the .XML file?

On the XBMC Home page under:
1. Programs: I have "Naii-Xtreme", what is this used for? and can I edit in here? Searched file structures and did not see the "HomeMenuItems.XML".

2. SYSTEM: I have a file manager sub menu that takes me to two root structures A and B, side by side. There is also no "HomeMenuItems.xml" in here.

Thanks Again...

Have a GREAT DAY!!!!!!
Smile
viper2060 Wrote:Have a GREAT DAY!!!!!!
Smile

According to my time zone my day is over as it is midnight here...
Shocked need to go to bed... ;-)

Good luck with the menus...

mm
To edit sub menus:

1. Where is the "HomeMenuItems.XML" file located and how do I edit it?

2. Can I open it up on a pc or do I need to edit it in XBMC.

Please provide procedure.....As I cant seem to find anything on the XBMC forums.

Thanks
viper2060 Wrote:Apple TV2 - EDEN v11.0 - CONFLUENCE SKIN

In the Main XBMC menu Display how can I create New Menus or Sub-menus?

OPTION 1:
1. Sub-menus: Under VIDEO main menu, I have "files" and "addons" sub-menus only. Is there a way to add additional sub-menus? I would like to add "Movies" and "TV Channels" (under the movies, I would put icefilm widet, etc.., under TV Channels, I would put channel widgets I use, food network fox news, etc....).

"Files" and "Addons" are the default submenus. If you set the *content* of directories shown in the files section (press C for Contextmenu -> set content -> scrap) you'll get databaseentries that are shown for example as Submenu "Movies" if you have set a directory as "Movies"-content. The same for TV Stuff ..

So long

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
viper, you need not HomeMenuItems.xml but "IncludesHomeMenuItems"...
You have to open it with Notepad++ or other texteditor and make the appropriate changes.

If you changed the file you need to restart the skin in order to see the changes...

mad-max
Re: creating sub menus and Menus with Apple TV 2 Eden V11 Confluence - HORIZONTAL:

I am starting to think this procedure is beyond my capabilities, I am still a bit lost. Would really love to understand this stuff, it looks like it could be a lot of fun!!!

1. Where is the "IncludesHomeMenuItems" file located?

2. How do I edit it with NOTEPAD. Is there a note pad on xbmc? or do I need to copy the .XML file to my computer, edit it and then copy back to XBMC?

3. After I edit the .XML file, is there any other thing I need to change?

A step by step procedure would be very helpful.

Essentially I want to see the icons (WIDGETS) on my XBMC Home page, so I can click on it and go directly to the program directory. Instead of searching through all the add-ons. What I would like to See on my XBMC on my home screen is as follows: (don't need music or photos-will use apple tv for this)

WEATHER, VIDEOS, MOVIES, TV-NEWS, TV-KIDS, TV-ENT, TV-SPORTS, PROGRAMS, SETTINGS,

I will have the corresponding widgets under each main menu. (MOVIES: Icefilms, Crackle, etc..) (TV-NEWS: Fox, Msnbc, etc.) (TV-KIDS: WB, Nick, etc..)

4. Another question: In the settings, why is my "TV SHOWS" and "MOVIES" greyed out and cannot be chosen? (the hide tv shows and hide movies is unchecked)HuhHuh?

Thanks
I think maybe you should start hereXBMC Skinning Manual There also is other pages on the wiki with all sorts of info. Have fun Smile
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Looks like I have a lot of reading to do.....I see I have a lot of reading to do....

I will check it out....thanks
Foundation Eden Skin
is a basic skin one can completely make their own skin based on.

(2012-01-17, 16:44)viper2060 Wrote: Looks like I have a lot of reading to do.....I see I have a lot of reading to do....

I will check it out....thanks

Is it possible to change the submenus scroll from default to 3 submenu items at a time? On the Xonfluence skin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Creating MENUS or Submenus1