best HTPC FOR XBMC
bin4ry Wrote:Hi everyone ! I'm new to the forum Smile

First of all i by no means i'm trying to high jack wowow13 thread but since i have a similiar question instead of creating a new thread i though i would just post it here hope you can help me

For the past years i have been building a litle cinema room and have been eager to try xbmc but i don't now wich set up fits for my needs:

It would be connected with an hdmi to a 1080p 3d projector
My sound system is a logitech z5500 it seems the best option would be to conectet it trough optical cable
The set up would need to be able to stream 1080p 3D with HD Audio
Would rather stream wirelessly than trough Ethernet cable if possible

A xbmc out of the box ready would be the perfect solution but if for the same price i'm able to get a much nicer one hand built by myselfm i guess i could give it a try ...

Hope you can help me and I apologize for my bad English I'm Portuguese Smile
i dont mind at all , we cna all help each other figure out whats best for us
If you are interesting in Enhance your IdeaCentre Q180 - 31102BU nettop, all the major components are listed below:

1. Enhance your IdeaCentre Q180 - 31102BU
2. Intel® Atom™ Processor D2700 (1M Cache, 2.13 GHz)
3. AMD Radeon™ HD 6450A Graphics Feature Summary
4. Windows 7 Home Premium 64x
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:Do you know if $535 AsRock CoreHT 231D included Windows 7 64x?

For the same 4GB of RAM, 500GB of HD, DVDRW, etc, IdeaCentre Q180 - 31102BU is $166 cheaper. I still preferred the 2.13GHz with HD6450 (fully equipped too) at $369 over AsRock 231D at $535 (Windows 7?) for HTPC. Here the link to $369 price- Enhance your IdeaCentre Q180 - 31102BU - Glossy Black and Silver: Weekly Deal.
hey bluray

one more question

i was gonna go for the ideacentre but it would take 4-8 weeks it says to get to me and i dont have the time to wait i want it yesterday LOL

im pretty much decided on the Asus EeeBox PC EB1021 AMD Dual-Core E-450

but the question i have is since i cant afford the ASRock CoreHT 231D , i saw this

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_i..._id=032712

"Asrock ION 330 Pro - Black - Intel Atom 330 Dual-Core 1.6Ghz 533Mhz, 2GB DDR2 800 (4GB Max), 320GB, Nvidia ION Graphics with HDMI/DVI, Slim Super-Multi DVD, HD Audio w/ Optical Output, GigaLAN, 6x USB 2.0"

any opinions on this ..its $50 cheaper .. if its not even worth explaining just say go for the Asus EeeBox and ill grab it today

ps thank you everyone for all the feedback and help , looking forward to this purchace ..

thanks again
I was all set on getting the Idea centre, but I saw some reviews saying the wireless performace had issues (I think it ended up being b/g rather than b/g/n), and that has put me off. Anyone own one that can clarify on that?
WinstonKennedy Wrote:I was all set on getting the Idea centre, but I saw some reviews saying the wireless performace had issues (I think it ended up being b/g rather than b/g/n), and that has put me off. Anyone own one that can clarify on that?
Almost all included wireless cards are under performs. This 300mbps USB wireless dongle should fix that- Linksys Refurbished AE2500. I installed it in my HTPC and my kid laptops, and it's consistantly get 5-bar. The included wireless cards are junk!
bluray Wrote:Almost all included wireless cards are under performs. This 300mbps USB wireless dongle should fix that- Linksys Refurbished AE2500. I installed it in my HTPC and my kid laptops, and it's consistantly get 5-bar. The included wireless cards are junk!

Thanks for the suggestion. I have a few wireless cards/dongles/etc around so I could try some of those if it underperforms.

Quick question about Wireless & HTPCs... I was planning on hooking my server up to the router and wirelessly streaming my content to HTPC (can't really re-cable house atm), is the performance generally ok doing this? I'm assuming standard bitrate stuff will be fine, but if I want anything HD, will it still perform?
WinstonKennedy Wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. I have a few wireless cards/dongles/etc around so I could try some of those if it underperforms.

Quick question about Wireless & HTPCs... I was planning on hooking my server up to the router and wirelessly streaming my content to HTPC (can't really re-cable house atm), is the performance generally ok doing this? I'm assuming standard bitrate stuff will be fine, but if I want anything HD, will it still perform?
Your wireless router and USB dongle have to have good ranges for it to stream 1080P video. If you don't have good wireless router and wireless USB dongle, this combination should be able to stream 1080P- Linksys Refurbished E3200-RM and Linksys Refurbished AE2500.
hey guys

im loving my HTPC and thank you for all the suggestions as i said i ended up going with the Asus EeeBox PC EB1021 AMD Dual-Core E-450 , i updated everything and i love it but i have a question ..i sent this to pioneer "" i have pioneer elite vsx-50 receiver connecting Asus EeeBox PC EB1021 AMD
Dual-Core E-450 and showing on my optima hd20 projector

i have other things such as a blue ray player and an xbox hook up
through hdmi and they work fins with the switching in the receiver to
the projector ..

when i hook up the pc and switch to it the signal doesnt seem to be
getting through from the pc through the receiver to the projector

the projector just keeps searching for a signal.

im pretty sure the projector is not the problem because i have taken the
main line to the projector and hooked it up directly with the pc and it
works fine ..

i cant figure out why the signal delay is happening ( sometimes if i
wait it will find the signal and work )

i have also tried diff hdmi cables ( i have some with capacitors i think
theyre called and some without not sure what they do ) ""

and they replied with .............

"the graphics card and
driver must be HDCP compliant in order to connect to the VSX-50. If they
are not the PC will not negotiate with the receiver.

Make sure that your video driver is updated and supports HDCP - video
drivers for Windows operating systems prior to Windows 7 have many HDCP
issues that prevent the PC from negotiating with a audio video receiver.""

i tried googling for info but couldnt find anything ..im stil looking online for an answer ... but i tough id ask here too while i keep trying

again sorry if i post incorrectly
@Wowow- If you connects your system this way (HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via HDMI cable), you can set AVR to pass-thru video.

If that still doesn't work, you might have issue with EDID between your AVR and HDTV. You can check out this thread for answer- EDID Override Thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
best HTPC FOR XBMC0