best HTPC FOR XBMC
problaze Wrote:the ideacenter though does promise to kick ass!
I don't think that there is any Nettop in this size and at this price range included powerful 2.13GHz CPU and HD6450 GPU. HD6450 is rarely seen in the standard desktop PC, but to see it in a Nettop is un-heard of! Shocked
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
the Intel Atom D2700 @ 2.13GHz is nothing to go crazy about...
834 PassMark only
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=...40+2.13GHz
Nothing against the other two recommended solutions, but the difference between the E-350 and E-450 are very little, a 60 MHz bump on the CPU and added TurboCore technology on the GPU with the E-450 - nothing that matters too much for video playback and everyday usage. Granted we did just update the standard ZBOX with the E-450 (ZBOX AD04).

We also work with OpenELEC to ensure the FUSION build works well out of box with our ZBOXes, including the ZBOX nano AD10. If you plan on using Windows, its all fair game.
eskro Wrote:the Intel Atom D2700 @ 2.13GHz is nothing to go crazy about...
834 PassMark only
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=...40+2.13GHz
It is not, but.... Is there another nettop on the market at this price range can top 2.13GHz CPU/HD6450/W7/RAM/HD spec? Show me one, please!
ZOTAC PR Wrote:Nothing against the other two recommended solutions, but the difference between the E-350 and E-450 are very little, a 60 MHz bump on the CPU and added TurboCore technology on the GPU with the E-450 - nothing that matters too much for video playback and everyday usage. Granted we did just update the standard ZBOX with the E-450 (ZBOX AD04).

We also work with OpenELEC to ensure the FUSION build works well out of box with our ZBOXes, including the ZBOX nano AD10. If you plan on using Windows, its all fair game.
Is there another nettop with E-450+HD6320+W7+RAM+HD for $320?
the only thing it can do that the E-450 cant is probably playback 3D via HDMI 1.4
eskro Wrote:the only thing it can do that the E-450 cant is probably playback 3D via HDMI 1.4
That I can agreed with, but it still have better core than E-450. You'll experience quicker XBMC UI with 2.13GHz and smoother playback with HD6450 than E-450.

If you come across something better than it, you can post it here. For now, it's the king of nettop! Smile
Hi everyone ! I'm new to the forum Smile

First of all i by no means i'm trying to high jack wowow13 thread but since i have a similiar question instead of creating a new thread i though i would just post it here hope you can help me

For the past years i have been building a litle cinema room and have been eager to try xbmc but i don't now wich set up fits for my needs:

It would be connected with an hdmi to a 1080p 3d projector
My sound system is a logitech z5500 it seems the best option would be to conectet it trough optical cable
The set up would need to be able to stream 1080p 3D with HD Audio
Would rather stream wirelessly than trough Ethernet cable if possible

A xbmc out of the box ready would be the perfect solution but if for the same price i'm able to get a much nicer one hand built by myselfm i guess i could give it a try ...

Hope you can help me and I apologize for my bad English I'm Portuguese Smile
bluray Wrote:If you come across something better than it, you can post it here. For now, it's the king of nettop! Smile

ASRock CoreHT 231D
eskro Wrote:ASRock CoreHT 231D
The CPU performance might be better, but GPU in it might not and it cost more too. I'm not sure that it can bitstream DT-HD and TrueHD either. Buyer can make their own choice!
bin4ry Wrote:Hi everyone ! I'm new to the forum Smile

First of all i by no means i'm trying to high jack wowow13 thread but since i have a similiar question instead of creating a new thread i though i would just post it here hope you can help me

For the past years i have been building a litle cinema room and have been eager to try xbmc but i don't now wich set up fits for my needs:

It would be connected with an hdmi to a 1080p 3d projector
My sound system is a logitech z5500 it seems the best option would be to conectet it trough optical cable
The set up would need to be able to stream 1080p 3D with HD Audio
Would rather stream wirelessly than trough Ethernet cable if possible

A xbmc out of the box ready would be the perfect solution but if for the same price i'm able to get a much nicer one hand built by myselfm i guess i could give it a try ...

Hope you can help me and I apologize for my bad English I'm Portuguese Smile
I'm sure he doesn't mind sharing space with fellow XBMC user. You might be a candidate for this "Gateway SX2370-UR30P Desktop (Black)" or you can check the HTPC's in my signature!
bluray Wrote:The CPU performance might be better, but GPU in it might not and it cost more too. I'm not sure that it can bitstream DT-HD and TrueHD either. Buyer can make their own choice!

Image + Image

this guy is the equivalent of the "IdeaCentre Q180 - 31102CU" version which sales at $480.
so yes, the "ASRock CoreHT 231D" is "$55" more,
but think about what $55 give you here!!
unRivaled Computing Power!
eskro Wrote:Image + Image

this guy is the equivalent of the "IdeaCentre Q180 - 31102CU" version which sales at $480.
so yes, the "ASRock CoreHT 231D" is "$55" more,
but think about what $55 give you here!!
unRivaled Computing Power!
Do you know if $535 AsRock CoreHT 231D included Windows 7 64x?

For the same 4GB of RAM, 500GB of HD, DVDRW, etc, IdeaCentre Q180 - 31102BU is $166 cheaper. I still preferred the 2.13GHz with HD6450 (fully equipped too) at $369 over AsRock 231D at $535 (Windows 7?) for HTPC. Here the link to $369 price- Enhance your IdeaCentre Q180 - 31102BU - Glossy Black and Silver: Weekly Deal.
but even at $166 price diff, its still gives u unRivaled computing...

to me, the IdeaCentre Q180 is another OpenELEC box...

running windows on it + XBMC + Skins = slowish box....

but even for OpenELEC, the iGPU might render it impossible becuz of driver issues...
eskro Wrote:but even at $166 price diff, its still gives u unRivaled computing...

to me, the IdeaCentre Q180 is another OpenELEC box...

running windows on it + XBMC + Skins = slowish box....

but even for OpenELEC, the iGPU might render it impossible becuz of driver issues...
It's not OpenElec box, because it included Windows 7 64x but it can be one. If my 1.6GHz E-350/HD6310 plus Windows 7 can do it, the 2.13GHz/HD6450 plus Windows 7 should be fine for HTPC+XBMC usages.

Do you know if AsRock in your link for $535 included Windows 7 or it is extra?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
best HTPC FOR XBMC0