HDCP issue with DVI->HDMI cable
A long shot of which i think i know the answer.

Having installed eden on my atv2 was delighted to see airplay and hoped for more success than from within ios itself.

Alas no.

I have an hdmi to dvi lead as my bedroom tele is old, and nearly all content via airplay is not allowed because of HDCP.

The same from within xbmc. I presume this wonderfull safeguard is kind of hard wired into the port?
I have the same setup (HDMI -> DVI with HDCP issues in iOS), but I am able to play content over Airplay if it is done through XBMC.

Are you certain that you've enabled XBMC's Airplay, and that this is what you're using (as opposed to playing to the native Airplay)?
Just to clarify I assume you're talking about HDCP, the encryption on an HDMI link?

DHCP is for automatic IP address allocation and is a network protocol, not related to HDMI at all
Yea sorry hdcp.

I have enabled it from within xbmc.

Practically no vids will play fromsay you tube, on the ios i get the warning, on xbmc it just does nothing. Vids that will play will play within xbmc and ios.

What a stupid restriction, really.
Have a look at wikipedia about DVI and HDMI. Maybe you get an idea which cable can transfer HDCP packets. It might be even possible to use HDCP over DVI (and DVI->HDMI Cables are limited to their DVI functions imho) - if one just uses the right DVI cable.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Well I have tried three so far and the experimenting is getting expensive. Trying with a belkin one at the moment.

I will have a look some more.
give em back to the store and get back your money for don't make it to expensive... maybe its just the tv which prevents hdcp via dvi...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDCP issue with DVI->HDMI cable0