[RELEASE] INADYN Service Add-on - Simple Dynamic DNS client.
I will fix that. I will also try not to break your fix.
Hi. The addon suddenly stopped working, even after several machine restarts.
I checked the kodi log and all I could find was "Service already started" when cold booted. Checked addon log and no trace since several days ago.

I saw a file named "inadyn.pid" having more or less the same date (16 Feb) than the last succesful date inadyn addon last succesfully worked.
And that was it... The machine had an expected reboot that day and the addon wrongly thought service was already running...

You should delete inadyn.pid on boot or just ignore it on boot, or the addon won't work unless you manually delete the inady.pid file if the machine hangs/reboots unexpectedly.

Regards
Yes you are right. Sometimes inadyn.pid hang there and creating problem. I need to check that deeply.

For dirty fix just stop service from kodi add-on settings then erase pid file. Now you can start it again inadyn service.

I had pic cleaner code once but after inadyn developer added pid remover to inadyn I decided to remove from add-on. I think good idea to add it back just in case...
Great addon btw Wink This is a must-have one for anyone having dynamic IPs and accesing remotely to the HTPC.
Thanks to your addon I can add torrents from work and so ehehehe

I'll try adding a rm command on Kodi's autoexec so it deletes the file on boot. Let's hope this prevents further problems until you update the addon.

Again, thanks for your work Wink
service.inadyn: updated to v2.0.10:
Code:
-RPi 2 support (thanks to @minoas)
-check if process exist. If not exist remove pid file
-better kill by pid process
(2015-02-20, 13:11)queeup Wrote: -RPi 2 support (thanks to @minoas)

Bug report 2
Checking the diff on service.py I did notice this:

Code:
62      self.INADYN_EXEC = '%s/bin/inadyn.armv6l''

Which will translate the self.INADYN_EXEC = '%s/bin/inadyn.armv6l

I am pretty sure your intention was to replace %s with the path:

Code:
self.INADYN_EXEC = '%s/bin/inadyn.armv6l'% (__path__)
You are rescuing my but Smile thank you.

Lol at the end I break your fix. Sorry...
service.inadyn: updated to v2.0.11:
Code:
-fix inadyn exec path (thanks to @minoas)
Don't mention it I know how hard it is to develop without the hardware to test it.

With the lack of supplies on Rpi2 I don't think many people actually used my patch anyway.

You should consider changing the if statement to something like

Code:
if 'arm' in os.usname()[4]:

To make it more generic.Considering that newer boards will be using newer arm instructions that are fully compatible v6 version.
The above can only break if someone releases a board with older architecture than Pi1, which is highly unlikely.

At any rate this is not a critical change just makes it more future proof.
You are totally right. I should do future compatibility. I will do that in next version.

I hope everything OK for you now. Anytime you can suggest or bug report. I will be glad to hear.
service.inadyn: updated to v2.0.12
Code:
-arm support instead of just RPi (thanks to @minoas)
-proper way to start & stop service
-use waitForAbort instead abortRequested
-cosmetic
Thi addon is working with OpenElec on raspberry 2? Is it tested?

Thank you
Best Regards
Yes. It's working with Rp2.
This is an excellent addon, and it even works with http://freedns.afraid.org/ with my Pi2

System:    Host: desktopp Kernel: 5.10.8-051008-generic x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: Cinnamon 4.8.6
           Distro: Linux Mint 20.1 Ulyssa
Machine:   Type: Desktop Mobo: ASUSTeK model: ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING v: Rev 1.xx
           serial: <superuser/root required> UEFI: American Megatrends v: 3103 date: 06/17/2020
CPU:       6-Core: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X type: MT MCP speed: 3791 MHz min/max: 2200/3800 MHz
Graphics:  Device-1: AMD Ellesmere [Radeon RX 470/480/570/570X/580/580X/590] driver: amdgpu
           v: kernel
           Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.9 driver: amdgpu,ati unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa
           resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz
           OpenGL: renderer: Radeon RX 590 Series (POLARIS10 DRM 3.40.0 5.10.8-051008-generic
           LLVM 11.0.1)
           v: 4.6 Mesa 21.1.0-devel (git-0747332 2021-01-20 focal-oibaf-ppa)
Network:   Device-1: Intel I211 Gigabit Network driver: igb
Drives:    Local Storage: total: 4.57 TiB used: 1.40 TiB (30.7%)

I use INADYN on a Kodibuntu Box, but it does not work, I just get a "script error" at startup.

Please help me

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] INADYN Service Add-on - Simple Dynamic DNS client.2