Screen Calibration
I'm using XBMC on a Linux machine. XMBC comes up too large for the screen but this is easily sorted using the display calibration adjustment. However when I close XBMC and drop out into the Unbuntu 11.10 desktop - the screen is cropped and I lose 10 or so percent of the desktop.

I know that this isn't specifically a XBMC question but is there a way that I can use the code from XBMC in Unbuntu to make the same adjustments.

I've been through the televisions menus but there isn't a way of adjusting the display size via any of the tv adjustments.

Cheers,

Chris
As far as I've come across there's no standard way of doing this; however depending on your video card you may be able to do it through their respective configuration tools.

For ATI cards using fglrx/Catalyst: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1409508

For nvidia the graphical config should have an option for it.

I haven't found a way to fix it for Intel cards yet, but there may be one.
This sounds like an overscan problem. TVs clip the edges of the picture because in the old analogue days the edges tend to be ragged. This clipping is known as overscan. Most TVs made in last three years have an option to disable overscan. It may be described as "1:1" or "game mode". What model is your TV? If I can find the manual online I'll have a look at the settings.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen Calibration0