NFS inside XBMC on Windows!!
I am running Windows Server 2011.
The machine doubles as an HTPC.
I have enabled NFS Server and Client.

Can I use XBMC to mount the NFS file shares? I do not want to mount them outside XBMC. I want to use the NFS feature of XBMC to choose the share.

IS THIS POSSIBLE?
Should be able to select NFS when you add a Source.
Make sure you are using the 11.0 Eden version of XBMC the 10.1 doesn't have NFS for windows if I remember right.
NFS in Beta is broken. You'll need to wait until a new Beta is released.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Livin Wrote:NFS in Beta is broken. You'll need to wait until a new Beta is released.

Can be used for files <=2GB at least - so not totally broken ... if you call everything broken which has bugs - then XBMC is broken Big Grin
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Not entirely true about the <2Gb file sizes with NFS. I've had some smaller files fail and some bigger ones run. I've tried to check the files to see what might cause the problem, to no avail...
phemens Wrote:Not entirely true about the <2Gb file sizes with NFS. I've had some smaller files fail and some bigger ones run. I've tried to check the files to see what might cause the problem, to no avail...

If this was with eden b1 and it was not an outdated version of HaneWin NFS - then this is new to me and might not be fixed in b2 (because i don't know of it). But better wait for b2 and retry it before making the horses run...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Memphiz Wrote:If this was with eden b1 and it was not an outdated version of HaneWin NFS - then this is new to me and might not be fixed in b2 (because i don't know of it). But better wait for b2 and retry it before making the horses run...

It was Eden B1 and recent version of Hanewin, but I'll wait for B2 and retest. I switched back to SMB in the interim. Thanks.
Memphiz Wrote:If this was with eden b1 and it was not an outdated version of HaneWin NFS - then this is new to me and might not be fixed in b2 (because i don't know of it). But better wait for b2 and retry it before making the horses run...

Don't forget, it is not just broken with HaneWin... it is also broken with Synology DSM 3.2 (Linux based)... I just installed DSM 4.0 beta but have not tested it yet, been waiting for XBMC B2
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Well, I can confirm that all my files (mkv and others) in all file sizes are working properly in Eden beta 2 with Hanewine.
Great job guys!
Good to here - but sadly i've introduced another crash which might appear from time to time. Its fixed in b3 - so expect it in b2 Big Grin (its when scraping with multiple exports and lasting longer then 10 minutes - very special constellation needed for trigger it ...)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS inside XBMC on Windows!!0