• 46(current)
Release TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support
Would be interested in seeing the recording function integrated with this plugin as well
(2015-05-26, 12:55)krogsbell Wrote: Hi Tommy!

I have made a modified version of the NTV.mx plugin.

In the latest version, I create a ftv.ini file to be used with the FTV Guide to be able to select all NTV channels in the FTV Guide.

Your version seems much alike, but it does not accept the ftv.ini file.
Your version is much better when it comes to Danish versions.

How to accept the ftv.ini fileHuh

My version here:
http://www.xunitytalk.com/showthread.php...mx/page121

regards,
krogsbell

Solution:
Rename the ftv-krogsbell.ini file created by the NTV-Krogsbell addin to addons.ini and replace the addons.ini in addon/tvguide/resources or add the contents of ftv-krogsbell.ini to the original addons.ini and BOB is your uncle.
regards,
krogsbell
(2015-05-26, 14:48)GriffeyJuni0r Wrote: Would be interested in seeing the recording function integrated with this plugin as well

Take a look at this:

http://www.xunitytalk.com/showthread.php...#post61363

regards,
krogsbell
(2015-06-05, 13:52)krogsbell Wrote:
(2015-05-26, 14:48)GriffeyJuni0r Wrote: Would be interested in seeing the recording function integrated with this plugin as well

Take a look at this:

regards,
krogsbell

Looks really cool, but I can't get it to work. From what I understand:

1) Downloaded and manually installed plugi.video.ntv-krogsbell
2) In the Plugin Settings, set Enable Recording to TRUE, Set the Recording Path and Operating System, set Record from TV Guide to TRUE, and Recording Status to "Yes"
3) Copied the ftvntv-krogsbell.ini to .kodi/addons/script.tvguide/resources/addons.ini

I then went into the TV Guide plugin and started a stream, but nothing recorded. Am I missing something? Can you please post the steps to get this to work, I'm super excited to get a recording function into this addon.

Thanks!
(2015-06-06, 05:10)GriffeyJuni0r Wrote:
(2015-06-05, 13:52)krogsbell Wrote:

Take a look at this:

regards,
krogsbell

Looks really cool, but I can't get it to work. From what I understand:

2) In the Plugin Settings, set Enable Recording to TRUE, Set the Recording Path and Operating System, set Record from TV Guide to TRUE, and Recording Status to "Yes"
3) Copied the ftvntv-krogsbell.ini to .kodi/addons/script.tvguide/resources/addons.ini

I then went into the TV Guide plugin and started a stream, but nothing recorded. Am I missing something? Can you please post the steps to get this to work, I'm super excited to get a recording function into this addon.

Thanks!

2) In the Plugin Settings, set Enable Recording to TRUE, Set the Recording Path and Operating System, set Record from TV Guide to TRUE, and Recording Status to "Yes" [- this last is not necessary, as the field is just a status field]

4) For each channel you must select what to stream - hit the menu key (next to AltGr - right click stops the TV Guide) - select addon - and your cannel from the NTV part.

The settings in 2) will control whether you record or view the channel

regards,
krogsbell
Hi

This addon is probably the one I use the most, which makes it even more frustrating that it suddenly won't start up any longer.. It happened suddenly..
Is anyone able to determine what is going on here? When I start up the addon it says: "Oops sorry about that! It was not possible to load program data, check settings or try again later..."
I have tried re-installing and check settings, but nothing works. I use the built-in yousee.tv source

EDIT: Ok don't think it's my end. Just installed tvguide on another maschine with a fresh install of Kodi 14.2. Same error. Please Tommy, fix this?
My TV Guide runs.

Ubuntu 15.04 - Kodi 14.2

regards,
krogsbell
(2015-06-09, 23:46)krogsbell Wrote: My TV Guide runs.

Ubuntu 15.04 - Kodi 14.2

regards,
krogsbell

It runs on my osmc raspberry pi as well.. But not on any of my windows maschines running kodi 14.2. Huh

EDIT: and just as quickly as it stopped working, it is now back to normal.. Weird
(2015-06-06, 08:40)krogsbell Wrote: 1) Downloaded and manually installed plugi.video.ntv-krogsbell
2) In the Plugin Settings, set Enable Recording to TRUE, Set the Recording Path and Operating System, set Record from TV Guide to TRUE, and Recording Status to "Yes" [- this last is not necessary, as the field is just a status field]

4) For each channel you must select what to stream - hit the menu key (next to AltGr - right click stops the TV Guide) - select addon - and your cannel from the NTV part.

The settings in 2) will control whether you record or view the channel

regards,
krogsbell

Ah, I see - This isn't quite what I had hoped for then, as it seems like:
a) Channels in the TVGuide addon linked from Favorites won't work (I have most of my channels in TVGuide linked this way).
b) You can only set up a channel to either Record or Stream, not both. Optimally, you could simply hit © on any channel and select Record for the particular program that is highlighted - the default action for a channel would be to Stream.

Would it be possible to do this?
I just signed up to Schedules direct for a trial, but not sure how to use it will this TV guide add-on. I see in the forum that people have used it with this add-on. Can someone help?
Hi. I created the. Bat file with the text you gave and it indeed combined us and UK channels which is partly what I wanted but I only want a few of the channels from each land. How can I do this?

James

(2014-05-31, 13:36)Jack Wrote:
(2014-05-31, 05:27)olsonbri Wrote: Forgot to answer your question Jack. Yes, I'm using mc2xml to get my listings, via schedules direct. I used the -F option, so now I have no numbers before the station. Right away the one logo I had in the folder came up. Tried to add more and they didn't take. Exit xbmc, reboot, all the tricks I could think of. So I switched the icon folder to a 'local' folder (rather than samba share USB stick on my router) to see if other station logos would take, then the one logo that worked before is now not there. It seams really hit & miss when a logo wants to show up. It's as if the TV Guide only scans for logos once a month. I know before I fired up xbmc and tv guide, and was suprised to see some logos I had put in there, and after playing with it trying to improve, they disappear.

Most of my logos come from wikipedia, as they have thus far all been .png format.

What is the .bat file generated by mc2xml.exe for? Does xbmce/tv guide use this file?

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: All logos work after generating a new xml! I guess I expected tv guide to repopulate logos independant of the xml.

Good job! No problem, glad to see you got it working. About the .bat file, that isn't generated by mc2xml, you can create one yourself and put it in the same folder as mc2xml and you can add certain arguments in the .bat file to be passed on to mc2xml that you can't in the GUI such as specifying a .ren and .chl file to be used to rename certain channels or only grab listings for certain channels and a couple of other things described on the mc2xml website. Another handy thing you can do with the .bat file is automate the process of combining listings from different countries, zip codes or listings providers. Here's an example of mine, where I'm grabbing U.K listings then U.S listings and then Canadian listings and combining them into one xml file to be used in the tv guide, also you'll notice use of the -R argument which specifies the file used to rename certain channels and also the -C argument which specifies the file used to determine what specific channels to grab listings for since I don't want every channel that the listing provider supplies for the U.S and Canadian channels. The del code at the end is just me deleting the the temp U.K and U.S xml files after combining them with the Canadian listings into one file called guide.xml.

Code:
mc2xml.exe -c GB -F -g "G46 9FF" -D uk.dat -C uk.chl -o 1uk.xml
mc2xml.exe -c US -F -g 17112 -R usa.ren -D usa.dat -C usa.chl -I 1uk.xml -o 2usa.xml
mc2xml.exe -c CA -F -g "T5A 0A1" -R ca.ren -D ca.dat -C ca.chl -I 2usa.xml -o guide.xml

del 1uk.xml
del 2usa.xml

Also about the icons not updating automatically, yeah I noticed that too, the program really should scan for logos on start up in the specified directory, but doesn't. Another quick way I use to refresh the logos and get them showing after I've added a new logo for a channel is if you go into the tv guide's options and change the source to something other than the local xml file such as the YouSee.tv option, click into the tv guide let it load for a bit, I usually just press back after a second to stop the downloading since you don't have to wait for it to finish completely then re-select your local xml file in the options and then restart the guide and it should show any new logos you've put in the logo directory.
(2014-11-27, 12:29)iballan Wrote: Love this addon, and are using it every day.

First time i open the TV guide every day, it downloads the data (Yousee). Is it possible, to do this at night (service), or only once a week? It takes arround 20-30 seconds.

Im using a Minix Neo X7 (Android)

Best regards
Morten

I still have this problem. Is there anyway to automate the TV-guide update in the background?
Neat plugin. Very nice.

I would like to populate the widget of my Live TV button with some info from TVGuide/XMLTV source. There is any way to call TVGuide with a command and extract a couple of channels for a widget?
Was wondering if there is an option to Refresh the guide. When i start it, with my XMLTV source pointed to my custom file, it gives the last epg of the last run (even with some channels empty)....this could be days old (although when starting it says downloading data). The option in settings for "update program information on XBMC startup" doesn't make any difference. I have to go to settings, choose any other "source",open the addon, let it download, get back to settings, choose my original XMLTV file, let it download, that is the only way to get the updated EPG loaded into the addon.
Would anyone have any ideas to help me out. As using the guide this way is quite annoying and not practical at all.
Thanks guys.
Hi,

Great addon, been using it for about a year now. The only problem I have is that the addon stops streaming when I close the addon. Is there a way to make it continue whatever is playing when it closes? It's mostly for when I'm listening to music and want to see what's on TV. When done with the addon, it stops the music, and I have to go start the playlist again. Is there a way to continue playing after the addon closes? And if not, could it be included in an update in the future?

Thanks for a great addon.
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support11