• 48(current)
Release TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support
(2016-03-15, 02:30)krogsbell Wrote:
(2016-03-07, 16:54)kimkl Wrote: I have 20+ years experience with annoying computers but this one really gets my blood pumping well it is almost time for a clean install never did that after the free upgrade and yes i know you can just refresh or reset but im old school my first windows was 3.1 which came on floppy's ahh those where the days Smile
Well i hope its a addon problem and tommy gets it fixed because wrote to dr support and got an reply from a women who never heard of kodi Smile so the first 100 lines i wrote back i had to explain what kodi was, she never wrote back Smile

My first Windows was 1.0.2 and before that DOS and mainframe... and OS/2 on 30 diskettes even for an update.

Well I would suggest that you run on the latest version only from Tommy's beta repository.

If it makes troubles for you - find the data directory and rename or delete the file .../userdate/addon_data/script.tvguide/source.db and restart your Kodi.

I always use the beta repo, well have for at least a year so, and its the same on both my computers after the 16.1 rc1 update i thought for 1 hour the problem was fixed but it returned, i have given up on finding a fix i watch a show until its totally messed and unwatchable it starts with small freezes and with a duration of a split second and then works it way up to a couple seconds then i stop watching the show The DR Archive which is not live has the same problem after watching a show for an hour i close the guide because the stuttering and freezes are to bad watching the athletics final 60m are sort of fun they start running program freezes and then its over never saw the race and its only the tv guide i have trouble with youtube tv3 zdf the french channels you name it no problems runs smooth
spec:
Windows 10 pro
asus z97 pro gamer
intel I7 3.6 ghz
asus 750ti geforce 2gb GPU
ram 2x8 gb 2400 mhz
sbz xr soundcard
os installed on 500gb ssd
IC 250/250mb fiber connection cat6 cable
asus RT-AC68U
kodi installed on hybrid drive try and keep my programs of the ssd
a real shame i love the tv guide but since i have a problem on both my computer
it cant be hardware related
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
Question 
If you are using DR Archive - you do not need the TV guide to be active.
What happens with DR.DK NU if the TV Guide is not active - will it then run without problems?

Have you tried any of the other TV Guides: iVue - FTV Guide - do they have the same problem?

I am aware that the original TV Guide is perfect for Danish channels!
(2016-03-20, 10:06)krogsbell Wrote: If you are using DR Archive - you do not need the TV guide to be active.
What happens with DR.DK NU if the TV Guide is not active - will it then run without problems?

Have you tried any of the other TV Guides: iVue - FTV Guide - do they have the same problem?

I am aware that the original TV Guide is perfect for Danish channels!
I have not experimented with any other addons as you said its perfect or was working perfect until 14 days before jarvis which is strange since i had not changed or installed new adds and it happend on both computers i use so something broke the tv guide i then tried a complete reinstall of first 15.2 then jarvis i removed all ref to the old kodi no using the old settings total clean install and installed only the youtube add and the tv guide and the 2 other adds DR tv and danish tv but no go then log says its a problem with the sqlite3 can't remember exactly what it said but on both my computers there was a problem with the sqlite3 not being loaded or what ever as to the dr archive i use to watch both from the live feeds and archive so disabling tv guide is not sry was not and option but i am at the point where i don't give a f. sry the tv guide is broke somehow i was just in looking at tommy's git i can't put my finger on it but when i look at the sources.py code something in my backhead says there is an error in the code know its been many years years since i did real programing and was mostly in delphi and basic so i could be wrong but the code when i look at it makes my warning bells go off but thx for trying to help but i have given up on the guide it was great for the years i used it and tommy was quick to fix the problems when i tapped him on the shoulder in different threads on his site was before i regged on his forum i still look in from time to time but his site is going down slowly sry tommy but it is and ofc i understand why you have other things to tend to but it was a great addon tommy your best but it broke good luck on any new addons i hope you come up with new ones when you get time ill be checking from time to time
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Banned add-ons
(2016-03-23, 03:23)kimkl Wrote: I have not experimented with any other addons as you said its perfect or was working perfect until 14 days before jarvis which is strange since i had not changed or installed new adds and it happend on both computers i use so something broke the tv guide i then tried a complete reinstall of first 15.2 then jarvis i removed all ref to the old kodi no using the old settings total clean install and installed only the youtube add and the tv guide and the 2 other adds DR tv and danish tv but no go then log says its a problem with the sqlite3 can't remember exactly what it said but on both my computers there was a problem with the sqlite3 not being loaded or what ever as to the dr archive i use to watch both from the live feeds and archive so disabling tv guide is not sry was not and option but i am at the point where i don't give a f. sry the tv guide is broke somehow i was just in looking at tommy's git i can't put my finger on it but when i look at the sources.py code something in my backhead says there is an error in the code know its been many years years since i did real programing and was mostly in delphi and basic so i could be wrong but the code when i look at it makes my warning bells go off but thx for trying to help but i have given up on the guide it was great for the years i used it and tommy was quick to fix the problems when i tapped him on the shoulder in different threads on his site was before i regged on his forum i still look in from time to time but his site is going down slowly sry tommy but it is and ofc i understand why you have other things to tend to but it was a great addon tommy your best but it broke good luck on any new addons i hope you come up with new ones when you get time ill be checking from time to time

Are you using the Beta Repository from twinther: http://tommy.winther.nu/xbmc/ it has TV Guide version 2.1.2 which works for me!
It is important for the TV Guide that Sqlite3 is working correct.
Found this in support really old thread but kinda makes me happy it describes exactly the problems i have only mine are with live streams the jump back to menu when watching live stream is so annoying but ofc i have many more problems as describe so its and old bug so not an problem with my hardware on the 2 computers i have here is link
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=112689
So if if bug is from 2011 and still not fixed i can say good by to ever getting tv guide to work what a shame
Banned add-ons
Hey,

I have a problem, when recording TV Shows with NTV.mx-Krogsbell - specifically, when the stream is in HD. The recorded video freezes/skips every few seconds and i've monitored the incoming data - what i found is that - it makes peaks, then notches - peak again - notch after that and it might be somewhat related, because SD streams dont tend to behave in such fashion - their incoming data graphic is smooth and even. It's like bandwidth shaping/limiting in someway and to be more precise, i can say it happens when it crosses the 1MB(8mbps) bar - then it suddenly drops and then rises again so on...When only watching, without recording, it buffers quite a lot. I've tried to adjust caching settings, but no luck so far. I have a SSD, so dont think its a hard-drive related issue. Tested on several PCs

Let me know, if i have to provide additional information or post this, in another forum's section

Thanks in advance.
Hi diliogosh!

What happens if you use the original NTV.mx to record HD contents. I would expect the same behaviour.
(2016-04-11, 09:59)krogsbell Wrote: Hi diliogosh!

What happens if you use the original NTV.mx to record HD contents. I would expect the same behaviour.

Yep, it's the same with NTV.mx
can i use its on androiid
Do you have any suggestions, on adjusting the buffer/caching size, so that Kodi compensates, when the stream comes unevenly, in order to record it smoother? I've tried the easyadvancedsettings.xml trick, but didnt work. One work-around is to stream it to VLC and record it from there, but when the stream restarts for a second, all goes into oblivion.

Thanks again
(2016-04-13, 02:27)diliogosh Wrote: Do you have any suggestions, on adjusting the buffer/caching size, so that Kodi compensates, when the stream comes unevenly, in order to record it smoother? I've tried the easyadvancedsettings.xml trick, but didnt work. One work-around is to stream it to VLC and record it from there, but when the stream restarts for a second, all goes into oblivion.

Thanks again

I have not tried adjusting the buffer/caching size
I just installed this but keep getting an error that says "its not possible to load program data" check settings or try again later. Being new to this I am not sure what it is referring to. Any advice or feedback where I should look to resolve this? Thanks.
It'd be nice to see the ability to use https://github.com/SchedulesDirect/mfdb-json It supports both mysql/SQLite. Using it's "--usedb " option puts the info in the DB even without using mythtv.
(2016-04-28, 19:17)Kodee Newbee Wrote: I just installed this but keep getting an error that says "its not possible to load program data" check settings or try again later. Being new to this I am not sure what it is referring to. Any advice or feedback where I should look to resolve this? Thanks.

Make sure that you use TV Guide 2.1.2

Delete the TV Guides data part or just ...kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.tvguide/source.db

and try again.

Otherwise check the xml file with epg data or the selected source.
This is a great script, how come it is not getting developed anymore.

A couple of things I noticed:

A warning before quitting out of the add-on would be awesome, it would prevent a heap of my accidents.

The context menu command does not work, rather than allowing you set a reminder of change stream it maximizes or windows the video.

Happy to try and help.

Sent from my ONE A2005
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support11