• 44(current)
Release TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support
Yes, a way to group would be nice.
Deleted
@Nezza edit your post - that add-on is not to be discussed here.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
done
Help! I'm at a crossroad on EPG guide data service and I can't decide. I'm using mc2xml on windows 7 with schedules direct. My subscription just expired (OTA, USA) on sched direct. Should I:

1) Pay the $25/yr sub fee to Schedules Direct, or
2) Pay the $20 one time fee to the mc2xml developers and get the full mc2xml app with "Microsoft's (newest) service"? (http://mc2xml.hosterbox.net/)

I've had good luck with schedules direct in my first year subscription, but I'm curious about the MS service. When I open up wmc I see a nice tv guide, which I presume is the same EPG service in my option #2. I'm assuming there is no annual sub fee with the MS service (included in OS). Has anyone any experience with the MS service on mc2xml? Should the xml be compatible with the TV Guide addon? Thanks a bunch for any input!
sd4life
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I use the TV Guide addon on a Qnap NAS with Gotham v2 release in Gmt+6 timezone but grab the EPG information to a local XMLTV file from Gmt+1 timezone where the streams and TV stations are located.

Now I see wrong EPG information as XBMC timezone does not match the EPG file timezone.

Can anyone help me to adjust this without having to change the XBMC timezone?
Love this addon, and are using it every day.

First time i open the TV guide every day, it downloads the data (Yousee). Is it possible, to do this at night (service), or only once a week? It takes arround 20-30 seconds.

Im using a Minix Neo X7 (Android)

Best regards
Morten
Hi .
Thanks for your work. I have installed the TV guide on Kodi (Mac and Ubuntu). The channel selection is cool.
I see the programs showing, and when I select any channel , the "choose stream", and "remind" options are highlighted, and I can select them, but no channel ever highlights the option "Watch Channel ABC" so i can never watch a channel. It seems that no channel has a stem file, or an i missing something.

Thanks
Mark
This is just a TV Guide, it doesn't stream any channels itself.
Firstly, I am not a coder: and very confused. If XMLTV is a "file" then why can't I simply generate one from an app by inputting my local zip code? I am on a Mac Mini, running Yosemite. I have an HDHR4 (US), and I am using KODI. I have the F.T.V. Guide app. I can "trick" the FTV GUIDE into using the streams from my HDHR by selecting them in it's menu, but at this point I am just inserting the stream into a prepositioned channel in FTV GUIDE. I do not have local EPG info using this method. So, I subscribed to schedules direct, thinking this would allow me to generate (simply, not by doing cryptic code in terminal) a XMLTV file which I can store locally. I have combed the web looking for an app that'll do this, but it seems as if there just isn't one - at least for Yosemite. I do not need a file server set up here, such as Myth or Sage. This is just a simple home entertainment setup and I am trying to get a family friendly guide on the screen for people to choose a channel.

(2014-09-18, 19:51)SandmanCL Wrote: Has anyone with a HDHomeRun prime done a writeup of how they are making it work with this wonderful plugin ?

I can watch HDHomeRun channels by adding a UPnP source, and I have TV Guide set up with an episode guide that matches my cable provider. However, I don't know how to create the mapping between the EPG and the HDHomeRun channels.

How did you go about setting up your guide? I can link the HDHR to the FTV Guide app, but I can't yet find an easy way to create a guide (preferably automated - if that's possible).
(2015-01-25, 21:29)Dojoroda Wrote: Firstly, I am not a coder: and very confused. If XMLTV is a "file" then why can't I simply generate one from an app by inputting my local zip code? I am on a Mac Mini, running Yosemite. I have an HDHR4 (US), and I am using KODI. I have the F.T.V. Guide app. I can "trick" the FTV GUIDE into using the streams from my HDHR by selecting them in it's menu, but at this point I am just inserting the stream into a prepositioned channel in FTV GUIDE. I do not have local EPG info using this method. So, I subscribed to schedules direct, thinking this would allow me to generate (simply, not by doing cryptic code in terminal) a XMLTV file which I can store locally. I have combed the web looking for an app that'll do this, but it seems as if there just isn't one - at least for Yosemite. I do not need a file server set up here, such as Myth or Sage. This is just a simple home entertainment setup and I am trying to get a family friendly guide on the screen for people to choose a channel.

(2014-09-18, 19:51)SandmanCL Wrote: Has anyone with a HDHomeRun prime done a writeup of how they are making it work with this wonderful plugin ?

I can watch HDHomeRun channels by adding a UPnP source, and I have TV Guide set up with an episode guide that matches my cable provider. However, I don't know how to create the mapping between the EPG and the HDHomeRun channels.

How did you go about setting up your guide? I can link the HDHR to the FTV Guide app, but I can't yet find an easy way to create a guide (preferably automated - if that's possible).

Go to the site and download the Mac OS X version of the software http://mc2xml.awardspace.info
Can some please help me with how to link "channel logos" and what should they be named. I tried it, but nothing is showing up.

Thanks very much in advance.
(2015-01-28, 06:44)superhype Wrote: Can some please help me with how to link "channel logos" and what should they be named. I tried it, but nothing is showing up.

They must be named exactly the same as your channel, and be in a PNG format. So if you have a channel called XVE then your logo must be saved as XVE.png (it is case sensitive, also).
(2015-01-28, 13:05)RayW1986 Wrote:
(2015-01-28, 06:44)superhype Wrote: Can some please help me with how to link "channel logos" and what should they be named. I tried it, but nothing is showing up.

They must be named exactly the same as your channel, and be in a PNG format. So if you have a channel called XVE then your logo must be saved as XVE.png (it is case sensitive, also).

Thank you. I will give this a try....

It works Great! Thanks. I actually needed to include the channel number as well.
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support11