• 47(current)
Release TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support
what is the difference between donate version of mc2xml and non donate version of it?
(2015-11-07, 17:40)rickyman Wrote: what is the difference between donate version of mc2xml and non donate version of it?
Images in the guide.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2015-06-09, 21:14)charmr Wrote: Hi

This addon is probably the one I use the most, which makes it even more frustrating that it suddenly won't start up any longer.. It happened suddenly..
Is anyone able to determine what is going on here? When I start up the addon it says: "Oops sorry about that! It was not possible to load program data, check settings or try again later..."
I have tried re-installing and check settings, but nothing works. I use the built-in yousee.tv source

EDIT: Ok don't think it's my end. Just installed tvguide on another maschine with a fresh install of Kodi 14.2. Same error. Please Tommy, fix this?

None of my machines will load the guide anymore, i'm using openelec, windows, and ubuntu. Ubuntu is running kodi 15.2.
Is there a fix or is the add-on dead for good?
(2015-12-16, 15:39)ZombieLife Wrote:

This addon is probably the one I use the most, which makes it even more frustrating that it suddenly won't start up any longer.. It happened suddenly..
Is anyone able to determine what is going on here? When I start up the addon it says: "Oops sorry about that! It was not possible to load program data, check settings or try again later..."
I have tried re-installing and check settings, but nothing works. I use the built-in yousee.tv source

EDIT: Ok don't think it's my end. Just installed tvguide on another maschine with a fresh install of Kodi 14.2. Same error. Please Tommy, fix this?

None of my machines will load the guide anymore, i'm using openelec, windows, and ubuntu. Ubuntu is running kodi 15.2.

I have tried with Kodi 16 Beta 4 on Ubuntu 15.04 - Same problem:

From Kodi.log:
19:13:34 T:139654853957696 ERROR: Unable to load libgif.so.6, reason: libgif.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
19:13:34 T:139654853957696 ERROR: Gif::Gif(): Could not load giflib
19:13:34 T:139653311084288 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
19:13:34 T:139653311084288 ERROR: File "/home/hans/.kodi/addons/script.tvguide/source.py", line 346, in _updateChannelAndProgramListCaches
19:13:34 T:139653311084288 ERROR: for item in self.source.getDataFromExternal(date, progress_callback):
19:13:34 T:139653311084288 ERROR: File "/home/hans/.kodi/addons/script.tvguide/source.py", line 818, in getDataFromExternal
19:13:34 T:139653311084288 ERROR: for idx, channel in enumerate(channels):
19:13:34 T:139653311084288 ERROR: TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

By the way - the FTV Guide is working in my setup!
(2015-12-16, 19:18)krogsbell Wrote:

From Kodi.log:
19:13:34 T:139654853957696 ERROR: Unable to load libgif.so.6, reason: libgif.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
19:13:34 T:139653311084288 ERROR: File "/home/hans/.kodi/addons/script.tvguide/source.py", line 346, in _updateChannelAndProgramListCaches
19:13:34 T:139653311084288 ERROR: for item in self.source.getDataFromExternal(date, progress_callback):
19:13:34 T:139653311084288 ERROR: File "/home/hans/.kodi/addons/script.tvguide/source.py", line 818, in getDataFromExternal

FTV and IVUE are working for me as well, but im danish and use NTV as my tv provider, so i miss the danish tv guide.
Hi Guys.
I am obviously missing something here and was hoping someone could help me out.
I don't actually have live TV running on my Kodi installation but was wanting to use the TV Guide addon as an EPG to save switching to the TV and using the terribly slow on board one.
I have installed the addon ok but I seem to be missing something in configuration.
I select XMLTV as the source and then URL
I am using freepg.tv and have pasted my unique url in to Kodi but keep getting an error that the settings aren't valid
I keep reading about grabbers. Do I need to configure one of these as well? I thought the URL of the source would work?
Any hints and tips would be appreciated.
Justin
(2016-02-04, 10:19)Ja4220 Wrote: Hi Guys.
I am obviously missing something here and was hoping someone could help me out.
I don't actually have live TV running on my Kodi installation but was wanting to use the TV Guide addon as an EPG to save switching to the TV and using the terribly slow on board one.
I have installed the addon ok but I seem to be missing something in configuration.
I select XMLTV as the source and then URL
I am using freepg.tv and have pasted my unique url in to Kodi but keep getting an error that the settings aren't valid
I keep reading about grabbers. Do I need to configure one of these as well? I thought the URL of the source would work?
Any hints and tips would be appreciated.
Justin

I also want to use TV Guide without having live TV running on kodi. I stream live TV and would like to link this to TV guide. Is this possible?
PseudoTV Live is the add-on for epg style grid.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Finally got it all working! Was no fault of the addon, but I spent a week battling to configure an xmltv grabber.
That said its now all working!
Thanks
(2015-12-16, 19:18)krogsbell Wrote:

From Kodi.log:

I'm getting the exact same errors in my log,

Code:
19:13:34 T:139654853957696   ERROR: Unable to load libgif.so, reason: (null)
19:13:34 T:139654853957696   ERROR: Gif::Gif(): Could not load giflib

It is the same with iVue, Renegades and FTV.

The strange thing is, everything works fine with 16.0 RC 3 and prior but 16 and todays 16.1 RC 1 do not allow the guides to load. Just gets stuck on Loading data from external source.

By the looks of things 16.0 and after have either removed or changes libgif.so which is needed by these guides to work.

Any ideas?

P.S If anyone is using iVue fine could they please update to 16.0 or 16.1 RC 1 and test please.

Also anyone running 16.0 or 16.1 RC1 on Windows could you please look if libgif is present in the installation?

Its a bit hard for me using android that is not rooted :S
Try the Beta Repository from twinther: http://tommy.winther.nu/xbmc/ it has TV Guide version 2.1.2 which works for me:

The TV guide gives you an overview on whats on TV right now, so you don't have to change the channel away from XBMC!
EPG data can be retrieved from YouSee.tv, DR.dk, TvTid.dk, XMLTV file or remote JSON source.

Navigate using the arrow keys and change page using channel + / -.

If you have comments or suggestions for this addon, please feel free to participate in the debate on my blog at http://tommy.winther.nu
17709 downloads | XBMC 12 (Frodo), XBMC 13 (Gotham), Kodi 14 (Helix) | script.tvguide | zip | changelog

I am running Kodi 16.0 on Ubuntu 15.04!
(2016-03-07, 10:46)krogsbell Wrote: Try the Beta Repository from twinther: http://tommy.winther.nu/xbmc/ it has TV Guide version 2.1.2 which works for me:

The TV guide gives you an overview on whats on TV right now, so you don't have to change the channel away from XBMC!
EPG data can be retrieved from YouSee.tv, DR.dk, TvTid.dk, XMLTV file or remote JSON source.

Navigate using the arrow keys and change page using channel + / -.

If you have comments or suggestions for this addon, please feel free to participate in the debate on my blog at http://tommy.winther.nu
17709 downloads | XBMC 12 (Frodo), XBMC 13 (Gotham), Kodi 14 (Helix) | script.tvguide | zip | changelog

I am running Kodi 16.0 on Ubuntu 15.04!

Thanks, works here too. Defiantly an issue with the libgif then.

The only issue with that epg is that it does not allow for custom addon.ini which is a killer for me lol. Nothing shows in the addons section of select stream so without the addon.ini its useless. Thanks tho.
(2016-03-07, 11:08)tdbegley Wrote: Thanks, works here too. Defiantly an issue with the libgif then.

The only issue with that epg is that it does not allow for custom addon.ini which is a killer for me lol. Nothing shows in the addons section of select stream so without the addon.ini its useless. Thanks tho.

I have edited the script.tvguide/resources/addon.ini to include my ftvntv-krogsbell.ini - that works perfect.
Some of the other TV Guides allows you to just point to an external addon.ini
I can't use this great add-on anymore i can't figure out if its a problem with the DR live web feed or the add on but there is a problem with the sqlite3 that much i can see the problem is when watching dr1 dr2 dr3 ultra and so on the stream will start to freeze after 5-10 mins and then it just keeps stopping every 25-30 sec if i exit tv guide and enter again it helps for 1 min properly because its the "cache feed im watching" but then it goes at it again so dont use it anymore simply no watchable the problem started with 15.2 2 weeks before we got the jarvis final and has not stopped freezing stopping you name it, to bad because it was my favorite add on and the best Tommy has made, and ofc windows 10 store is also being annoying with the november update i can't enter store it just closes so cant get the app for dr live tv i have tried resetting and all the tips from forums

I have 20+ years experience with annoying computers but this one really gets my blood pumping well it is almost time for a clean install never did that after the free upgrade and yes i know you can just refresh or reset but im old school my first windows was 3.1 which came on floppy's ahh those where the days Smile
Well i hope its a addon problem and tommy gets it fixed because wrote to dr support and got an reply from a women who never heard of kodi Smile so the first 100 lines i wrote back i had to explain what kodi was, she never wrote back Smile
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
(2016-03-07, 16:54)kimkl Wrote: I have 20+ years experience with annoying computers but this one really gets my blood pumping well it is almost time for a clean install never did that after the free upgrade and yes i know you can just refresh or reset but im old school my first windows was 3.1 which came on floppy's ahh those where the days Smile
Well i hope its a addon problem and tommy gets it fixed because wrote to dr support and got an reply from a women who never heard of kodi Smile so the first 100 lines i wrote back i had to explain what kodi was, she never wrote back Smile

My first Windows was 1.0.2 and before that DOS and mainframe... and OS/2 on 30 diskettes even for an update.

Well I would suggest that you run on the latest version only from Tommy's beta repository.

If it makes troubles for you - find the data directory and rename or delete the file .../userdate/addon_data/script.tvguide/source.db and restart your Kodi.
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support11