• 49(current)
Release TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support
Yes this is a great script!

But if you take a look at any TV Guides in Kodi - they are all based on this genious work.

Today I use iVue, but many others are worse using.

I use NTV/White Label and use SQL to interact with the TV Guide - and I can choose almost any TV Guide for Kodi.

Then I use Rytec to get Danish EPG into Kodi.

Regards Krogsbell
I use WebGrab+Plus to grab BBC, ITV, and Broadcast streams in USA. All works, applies offsets where needed. Which TV Guide add-on should I move to - I would prefer this to be developed as it is in the official repo.

Sent from my ONE A2005
(2016-08-09, 01:42)iainmacleod Wrote: I use WebGrab+Plus to grab BBC, ITV, and Broadcast streams in USA. All works, applies offsets where needed. Which TV Guide add-on should I move to - I would prefer this to be developed as it is in the official repo.

Sent from my ONE A2005

Try iVue, but you have to be accepted at the Facebook closed group 'Tecbox & Ivue TV Guide' and get a unique number to log on.

They have integrated EPG for UK + USA - you can used that if appropriate.

Regards
Krogsbell
Also be a little careful, as whilst the iVue EPG is acceptable here, the whole iVue TV package is a banned add-on (wiki) as it makes use of illegally sourced materials which violate our forum rules (wiki).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-08-09, 09:29)DarrenHill Wrote: Also be a little careful, as whilst the iVue EPG is acceptable here, the whole iVue TV package is a banned add-on (wiki) as it makes use of illegally sourced materials which violate our forum rules (wiki).

I am talking of the iVue TV Guide that is based on the TV Guide by Tommy Winther.
Tommy Winther made a good work, but seems not to be enhancing the product.
On the other hand, I can see that work is going on within the iVue team.
Things I wanted to change in the Tommy Winter code is found unchanged in the iVue code.

Regards Krogsbell
Like I said, the guide is fine, but the full package isn't allowed here.

I know you're talking about the guide, but as with several similar packages and EPGs there's a line that needs to be drawn and not everyone realises that. If the full package is installed and something goes wrong, support is not offered here.

Just offered as general advice and education about what's out there.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I would prefer to stick with official releases.

Right now I am using the official LibreELEC WebGrab+Plus addon with TV Guide. I need to try and get remote locations working so WebGrab+Plus output, so I can save XML for several devices to access.

Sent from my ONE A2005
(2016-08-09, 15:52)iainmacleod Wrote: I would prefer to stick with official releases.

Right now I am using the official LibreELEC WebGrab+Plus addon with TV Guide. I need to try and get remote locations working so WebGrab+Plus output, so I can save XML for several devices to access.

Sent from my ONE A2005

I use a modified version of Rytec EPG Downloader. It runs on Kodi and generates one XMLTV file from up to 4 of Rytecs XML files.
It downloads daily, merges up to 4 xml files and combines Titles and Subtitles.
Result is one XMLTV file that you can share from Kodi or have every device make its own version.

Regards Krogsbell
I've been playing with this and even found a nice site the provides XMLTV files (http://xmltv.se/) but I have no clue on how to get the plugin to start a stream in a different addon. In the settings of TV Guide there is nothing but an example for an addon. Any tricks to get this to work? I'm using the TV Guide from the beta repository.
(2016-08-14, 10:11)Varming Wrote: I've been playing with this and even found a nice site the provides XMLTV files (http://xmltv.se/) but I have no clue on how to get the plugin to start a stream in a different addon. In the settings of TV Guide there is nothing but an example for an addon. Any tricks to get this to work? I'm using the TV Guide from the beta repository.

I'm going to blow my own trumpet here and recommend my own fork of this addon:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...id=2371768
It can play streams from any addon.

If you want to easily create your own xmltv files you could try this addon (also by me Wink):
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...id=2389809
That is great work! I really like the features - for example the direct linking to addons and the channel groups (which I don't know how to pick from in the EPG though).. great thinking!

As mentioned the only thing I like better in the original TV Guide is the layout but that is of course a matter of taste Smile
Is This Add on still being maintained, because on the Wiki Version is 2.1.1 but on twinther's site its 2.1.2
but he has stopped answering people in his forum.
I tried it again , with kodi 17 beta3 same as before after 5 mins of play stutter then feeze if you stop or pause then play you can watch for 30 sec then back to stutter feeze and if i let it go on Kodi crashes.
I am using DR TV app from the Windows 10 store works fine just hard to read labels "I properly need glasses notice after i hit 40 text got hard to read Big Grin" but annoying when you have all your "LEGAL" bought DVD and Blu Rays on 2x 3TB Hard disk.
Tried the FTV Guide addon one user above is advertising but can't figure out how to add the Danish DR TV app's and i always like Tommy's Addon
until kodi 15.2 ,14 days before kodi 16 was released it started with the stutter and freeze.
So has development of this addon stopped as i said Tommy is not answering question on his own forum and the Wiki has version 2.1.1 which does not work with Kodi v16.1 “Jarvis” or Kodi v17.0 “Krypton” beta3 at all only Version 2.1.2 of the TV Guide from Tommy's site work.
"woops" i hope this is not a no no using the Version 2.1.2 from his site because the version in the kodi official repo is also 2.1.1 and it does not work for me. so if its a no no to write about version 2.1.2 of the TV Guide please reply that fast so i can edit my post asap
Thank you
Just a quick edit looks like its safe to mention "beta" version from twinthers site after reading rules again no mention of being no no to write about "beta" version not in the official kodi repo as long as it does not contain "pirated" stuff and the version 2.1.2 was an update to make it work with Jarvis so i kind of wonder why 2.1.1 is still the one in the kodi repo because it does not work with jarvis and up atleast not for me
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
I am trying to get the 'tv guide' addon to display live TV channel guide.

---- a recap of where I am in my setup ---
I just installed Kodi 17.3 a few days ago on my Windows 7 laptop and I am trying to configure it but it is quite a lot of learning. Wink
There seems to be countless sets of kodi addons that can work separately or together. I wonder if there is a list of 'typical/standard/popular setups' somewhere since I am guessing most people would want similar stuff (browse/search/watch something), aside from the skin/presentation format of course.
I bought a hdhomerun to get live TV using an antenna.
I am able to see some TV channels with it and can see the channel guide that comes from the hdhomerun addon but that is not what I am trying to use.
---- end a recap of where I am ---

So I did the following (How do I get an XMLTV File?):
1- If you want to build a xmltv file for free with very basic info try MC2XML.
2- Run "mc2xml", it has a simple graphical user interface
Input postal code and country code and press OK
Select lineup number from the returned list and an xmltv.xml file will be produced
(this worked? the generated xml seems to contain a lot of info).
3- Go into 'tv guide' addon settings, choose xmlfile... select folder and look for your xml file.
(this worked? when I go to the 'tv guide' addon, it loads the file without showing errors on the screen).

a) When I go to the 'tv guide' addon, it displays all the tv channels with the current time at the top but they all display 'no program available'.

b) Another question I have. Is it possible to record from the 'tv guide' addon.
#remove
Anyone got this working with belgium tv?
Have an xml or url?
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide - with XMLTV and streaming support11