[ATV2] "Home screen" problem?!?
Hey just installed xbmc on my atv2, and the xbmc works great, but
the problem is that after the installation the "frontrow" menu is missing the "movies" and "Tv shows" items. This is the apple menu not inside xbmc.

I tried to google it but it seems like i didnt find anyone else asking the same questions, so is this bye design or just a bug??...

Im on 4.2.1 (2100) on the atv2.
nope. we don't remove any menu items.
appletvguy Wrote:Hey just installed xbmc on my atv2, and the xbmc works great, but
the problem is that after the installation the "frontrow" menu is missing the "movies" and "Tv shows" items. This is the apple menu not inside xbmc.

I tried to google it but it seems like i didnt find anyone else asking the same questions, so is this bye design or just a bug??...

Im on 4.2.1 (2100) on the atv2.

What jailbreak tool did you use? Seas0npass is your best bet in general... seems to have the fewest post-jailbreak issues to deal with.

"Tv shows" doesn't show in Canada since we can't rent TV here yet but that wouldn't explain why the "Movies" item is missing. The plist files are what controls each menu items, e.g. /Applications/AppleTV.app/Appliances/Movies.frappliance/Info.plist. Might want to look in there (need a plist editor though).

Here's a good thread on the menu stuff. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=94712
appletvguy Wrote:the problem is that after the installation the "frontrow" menu is missing the "movies" and "Tv shows" items. This is the apple menu not inside xbmc.

I've only used Seas0npass and have installed XBMC now on 3 different ATV2 (sadly--none mine). The latest one had this exact issue where apple menu items missing after xbmc install; can't understand what I did differently. Likewise I've not been successful on finding how to resolve. The owner of the ATV2 uses the Netflix on the main menu and wants this fixed--hoping to find out how to fix rather than re-install.

Please let me know if found out how to put these items back on the main Apple Menu after installing XBMC on ATV2.
happened to me a few times when the power went out...or my son rebooted it during the middle of a movie by accident. There was nothing i could do to get it back until i restored and re jailbroke it
You need to be connected to the internet for those items to show.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] "Home screen" problem?!?0