• 2(current)
The complete SABnzbd, Sickbeard, Couchpotato and Headphones setup guide for newbies
MrHaugen Wrote:Categories
You remember the “TV” category from Sickbeard? That’s right. The NZB’s downloaded from Sickbeard is marked as TV when it’s passed on to SABnzbd. So you need to set up the TV category for correct Post Processing of the files.
• On the second line type in “tv” with small letters, under Category.
• Under Processing choose +Delete. This will make SABnzbd do the selected choice as well as all the above. It will download files, check and repair, unpack and delete the source files after the episodes have been transferred.
• Select “sabToSickBeard.exe” under Script
• Click Add on the current line
• Click Save on the last line (strange behavior, yea I know)

Where is the bit where you select 'sabToSickBeard.exe' ? Under categories I have the following:
Category, Priority, Processing, Folder/Path, Groups / Indexer tags. Add or Save

Edit: Fixed. missed the step "3. Post Processing Script folder: This is the folder “AutoProcessTV” in the Sickbeard install folder. For example: “C:\Program Files\Sickbeard\autoProcessTV”"
Correct. The scripts will never show unless you point the SABnzbd to the correct folder. It's will not know where to find the script.

Good luck with the rest. Please tell me if there is anything off in the walk-through.
Awesome tutorial, MrHaugen. I too missed setting the "Post Processing Script Folder" step and once that was setup, everything works like a charm. Thanks for posting.
I really liked this guide! I have also read HenryFord's guide which is well done but I found this guide more to my liking.

Just a quick question on sickbeard. On the page to download it has the windows and python options. I know the other programs use python so should I just use the python version or can I just use the windows version of sickbeard?
I don't think it really matters. The Windows download contains the python26.dll which is just the interpreter wrapped up in a Windows library. Exact same code. If you download just the python source then you'll need to make sure you have the python interpreter installed as well.
à
Very good tutorial !! thanks for that

Headphones isn't dead ?
Yes, you can use the Windows executable OR the python version. Only thing you need in addition is of course Python. You should have installed this for Headphones to work anyway.

The only problem is that you'll be missing the JRiver integration. However, JRiver do now support meta data and cover/thumbnail fetching from TVBD, so you should manage fine without that part. The plus is that you'll get the new updates done to Sickbeard. The last 6-8 months and counting.
castortray Wrote:Headphones isn't dead ?

Again, no Smile
The development is slow, and it sure could do with some improvements and error fixing. But it works a lot better than the alternatives.
*Double posting. Where is the delete button? :o
Just an FYI, I installed all this on my FreeNAS server which takes a bit of hackery. I used this guide which was pretty straight forward: http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/freena...18&p=53532

Also, it's probably obvious but if you're running all this on a *nix box then you'll need to use the sabToSickBeard.py as your post processing script.
Installed but used the installable binary for Windows vs installing Python. Not seeing the NZB.SU search engine as an option - is this only in the from source build? Are there enough benefits that I really need to go that route? I have so many add-on services running on my desktop I'd really like to not add still more software if I can help it - might be forced to move this to another machine maybe. Anyway, I agree that NZB.SU looks darned good! NZBs tutorial on using Sickbeard is junk though and really is pointed more towards sabnzb...

Edit: Actually, looking more closely it looks like sickbeard's standalone installers are up to date with their source for Python. Have they pulled support for that indexer? Sad.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
I'm not sure if they have pulled the source option from Sickbeard. I find it strange if they differentiate between the python and executable version. As I've experienced, the only difference between the python and executable version is that the exe version is packed with the necessary python components so it works as a stand alone install. Another benefit of installing this apps as Python versions is that you can update them directly from the application. The executable versions have to be manually updated as far as I've seen.

I do not think there will be any benefits of running this executable version vs. the python version. In the worst case, at least in theory, it will actually be worse as it runs double up of some of the python components, rather than having one python install and several client apps accessing this.

Remember that the name of the actual NZB.su entry in Sickbeard might be called something else. I think it was NewsNAB. I think this is a common category for a few different types of index sites that have some common search or login details.
MrHaugen Wrote:Remember that the name of the actual NZB.su entry in Sickbeard might be called something else. I think it was NewsNAB. I think this is a common category for a few different types of index sites that have some common search or login details.
To be precise, they are all running with the following engine:
http://www.newznab.com/
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Thanks for the update.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The complete SABnzbd, Sickbeard, Couchpotato and Headphones setup guide for newbies5