• 6(current)
The complete SABnzbd, Sickbeard, Couchpotato and Headphones setup guide for newbies
Indeed! B-)
Image Image
(2012-01-20, 17:52)MrHaugen Wrote: *EDIT*
I tried the Headphones solution now and it works perfectly. I've added it to the guide.
What is the "recommended" setup? You mention one way, then say it's no longer the recommended setup and to look further down for the recommendation. There are alternatives, but I can't tell which is recommended. The most current version of Headphones allows for MusicBrainz, Headphones or "Custom."
Probably something easy I missed but downloaded episodes will not move to the directory specefied in sickbeard. Files get passed to SABnzbd and downloaded but only end up in the SABnzbd download catalog.

Airs: Wednesday 10:00 PM on Comedy Central
Quality: HD
Language: en
Season Folders: yes
Paused: no
Air-by-Date: no

The folder was created but it does not look likt it is trying to process any files. Sins it say that you shall not enter the directory to the downloaded files in sickbeard I assume the programs talk to each other.

What can I have missed?

Ps manual post process worked fine
Thank you for this guide. I used it several months ago. For the most part I love the sickbeard/couchpotato/sabnzbd combination. It works great. Even my wife can use it.

My setup is a HTPC that is running the 3 programs and it is connected to a netgear readynas over the network. When it is just streaming it works fine. But when sabnzbd is unpacking or having to use par2, it makes streaming unwatchable until it is done. What can I do to alleviate this problem?

Right now the media library / sabnzbd incomplete / complete folders / all three on the nas.
(2012-10-15, 18:31)mmascosta Wrote:
(2012-10-15, 17:52)redglory Wrote:
(2012-10-15, 17:33)mmascosta Wrote: Hi guys!

I installed and I'm running headphones for he first tme.

Headphones is fetching my library information at the moment, but I'm getting lots of "Fetch failed, try refreshing". I've made a search and I see references to a Premium Account, as also sme others referring changing the MusicBrainz mirror, but nothing concrete. Can someone help me here?

Thanks!!

Donate and get a mirror from rembo10

Thank you!! SLB rules Wink

(2012-10-15, 19:42)redglory Wrote: Indeed! B-)

ahahah comedy!!!
I got sabnzb and sickbeard up and running, but for some reason they dont seem to communicating with each other, I am able to add a show in sickbeard, it gets info from thetvdb and marks the right episodes as wanted, but then nothing happens. it doesn't seem to send the download command to sabnzbd, so nothing shows up in sabnzbd and nothing is downloaded.
I rechecked the settings and the API connection seam to work when I test the conncection from within sickbeard, and sabnzb is able to download correctly.

can anyone help me, just tell me if you need more or more specific info.
This may have to do more with your Usenet provider (I am guessing that is what you are using) if so make sure the shows/episodes exist and more importantly whether they fall into your providers retention. Just a thought.
Setup:
HTPC: Acer Revo 3610 (openELEC 3.0.2) with Aeon Nox (4)
NAS: unRAID 5rc12a on an Intel 3GHz Core2Duo with 4GB of RAM and 5 2TB WD EARS Green Drives
Running: SickBeard, CouchPotato v2, Headphones, Maraschino, Plex and SimplePlugins
thanks for the tip, but I don't think my usenet provider is the problem, since I was able to manually download one of the episodes that sickbeard found.
Take a look at the log. I'd bet that you'll find the reason there (look at it in debug-mode). Maybe you can post parts of it
(2012-11-27, 23:47)VortexDK Wrote: thanks for the tip, but I don't think my usenet provider is the problem, since I was able to manually download one of the episodes that sickbeard found.

Vortex - did you get a definitive solution?
(2012-11-26, 22:40)VortexDK Wrote: I got sabnzb and sickbeard up and running, but for some reason they dont seem to communicating with each other, I am able to add a show in sickbeard, it gets info from thetvdb and marks the right episodes as wanted, but then nothing happens. it doesn't seem to send the download command to sabnzbd, so nothing shows up in sabnzbd and nothing is downloaded.
I rechecked the settings and the API connection seam to work when I test the conncection from within sickbeard, and sabnzb is able to download correctly.

can anyone help me, just tell me if you need more or more specific info.

I run sickbeard and sabnzbd on the same machine and I had to change the sabnzbd address from localhost:8080 in sickbeard to the actual ip address (192.168.1.xxx:8080) in order to get them to communicate.

edit: clarify sabnzbd address.
I had to do that on unRAID as well, good call Seth.
Setup:
HTPC: Acer Revo 3610 (openELEC 3.0.2) with Aeon Nox (4)
NAS: unRAID 5rc12a on an Intel 3GHz Core2Duo with 4GB of RAM and 5 2TB WD EARS Green Drives
Running: SickBeard, CouchPotato v2, Headphones, Maraschino, Plex and SimplePlugins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHV6uM2pD...FB77909D71
hey back with an update.

I couldn't figure what the actual problem was, but I found this very nice video-guide and followed his steps through the setup including my own personal configuration. I did some minor changes and now everything runs smoothly.
XBMC + SAB + Sickbeard + HeadPhones

edit:
ok I did't check the thread before I posted this, but it is the exact same toturial, it is very good by the way
Yes I agree it is a good tutorial. As far as I have learned, headphones does not work anymore. I cannot find a good video tutorial showing it working.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The complete SABnzbd, Sickbeard, Couchpotato and Headphones setup guide for newbies5